Forum home Archived Brides of all ages

Essex Venue Help

Hello Everyone,

Im having a bit of a stressful moment the past couple day, ive found out that me and my partner are unable to have out wedding at our dream venue....Leez Priory.....After being told two differnt storys by the staff that work there we have now found out that is is way out of our budget as we are trying to do it all on a budget of around 10k. Were both gutted are it really was so so perfect!

As for other venues in essex i have no idea what they are like as we pretty much (probally stupidly) set all of our hopes on Leez priory and havent got a clue where to start?!

Does anyone have or have had there wedding in an essex venue that you would recommend!

Im just worried nothing is going to stand up to Leez now! image Oh i thought it was going to well!

Nik xXx

• Hello Everyone,

Im having a bit of a stressful moment the past couple day, ive found out that me and my partner are unable to have out wedding at our dream venue....Leez Priory.....After being told two differnt storys by the staff that work there we have now found out that is is way out of our budget as we are trying to do it all on a budget of around 10k. Were both gutted are it really was so so perfect!

As for other venues in essex i have no idea what they are like as we pretty much (probally stupidly) set all of our hopes on Leez priory and havent got a clue where to start?!

Does anyone have or have had there wedding in an essex venue that you would recommend!

Im just worried nothing is going to stand up to Leez now! image Oh i thought it was going to well!

Nik xXx
  • Ah i was exactly the same! I fell in love with that place too! If you wanted to do a last minute i.e leave it to 3 months before then you could afford it that way? We considered it but i am just far too panicky to do that! We decided on the Old Rectory in Dunton in the end. The value was brilliant and we're on a 10k budget too. xx
  • Oh theres loads of venues in Essex, the essex registration service have a whole list of them!
  • My friend got married at Leez Priory. It is nice, but not for me. I didn't like the dance floor being so small and so far away from the bar and seating area.

If you really do have your heart set on it, then plan everything and get all your wedding sorted, then book a lsat minute deal...but that does give you 3-4 months still. Usually though, they're week day weddings.

Reid Rooms is apparently nice, my sister has booked to get married there and it's cheaper.
  • Have you looked at Friern Manor? My brother got married there about 18months ago and it was lovely. The staff were amazing too!

Gx
  • Hi, im also rather stuck on venues, we're not sure of a date yet coz we have 2 wait until my brother can walk as hes giving me away (long story short injured in afghan) but i really want 2 get some idea of what venue i want and how much i will b spending, thanks ladies xxx
  • MrsNick2BMrsNick2B Posts: 99
    I am getting married at the Reid Rooms and I love the venue, it is just that bit different from all the 'manor house' type venues, and it can really be for any budget as you can either take one of their packages or arrange outside caterers ect. yourself - with no corkage charges. Hope this helps.
  • Ice_GemzIce_Gemz Posts: 235
    Crabbs Barn in Kelvedon is gorgeous, I'm getting married there next March.

www.crabbsbarn.co.uk
  • abi2889abi2889 Posts: 486
    Hiya I looked at that place too, I also looked at Gosfield Hall but I think that's in a similar price range. The Fenns in Braintree is another similar style one and does do some good packages! We are getting married at The Essex Golf and Country Club this August in their big conservatory. We could only afford that because they had a package deal for this summer (only booked in January!). I hope you find somewhere you love just as much if not more! xx