Any young wives around?

I am a young wife (I am 22), we will be celebrating our 2nd anniversary this year image

I was just wondering how other young wives are getting on?

Have you come across much opposition? I have only had the usual "But you're soooo young... how old are you?" .. I don't think it helps that I look about 17 image !!

MrsD x

• RowenaFWRowenaFW Posts: 2,078
    I'm 22, will be 23 by the time I'm married. We got engaged very quickly too and my mum took a bit of convincing that we were really serious!
  • I'll be 21 when we're married!
  • I'll be 21 when we're married, we've been together seven years though, so the only ones who are really surprised are people who don't know us very well and then usually it's just 'wow... that's young...', we waited to get engaged because MIL2B wanted us to though, it wan't a biggy since we weren't going to be able to get married until after Uni anyway (we go to different Unis) she thought Uni might the spell the end of things for us but we survived and he proposed just before we went back for our final year. Big scary final exams soon... image
  • MrsSandisonMrsSandison Posts: 458
    Im a young wife now! Im nearly 22, hubby is 23 9 days after me.

We've not had any opposition, everybody expected us to get married sooner than we actually did!

Married life is good even though the honeymoon is over. We're going to look at our professional wedding pics on monday which I can't wait for!

I have 1 week left on my school placement and 2 days left at uni. I have a few job interviews coming up so at 21 I have my life pretty much sorted.

And what Im excited for the most is we are planning on starting a family! image
  • kitty_12kitty_12 Posts: 117
    SoonToBeMrsWragg we were excatly the same the only people who said "wow ur getting married....but your so young" were the people who dont know us as a couple. All our families and friends have been very supportive and to me i think thats the most important thing. Im 22 atm will be 23 when we get married later in the year.
  • MrsBarrowmanMrsBarrowman Posts: 687
    I'm married at 24...I forget i'm a young wife! We bought our house in 2009, and married in 2011. We both have good jobs, and our social group is mostly older people! I like being a young wife, people don't pester me about children!
  • g_rigbyg_rigby Posts: 20
    I'll be 23 when I get married, H2B will be 29! been together for 6 years and everyone wonders why we didn't get married sooner, but it was purely for financial reasons that it has taken so long.

People who don't know us think I'm very young and as 2 of my older sisters got married at 29 and 25 then i suppose I am a baby!
  • Im a young bride 2 be! I'll be 23 when we marry (nearly 24 actually) I love the fact Im getting married young. We have been together for nearly 5 & a half years & have a beautiful 3 year old daughter together. We're so happy. & hey, at least we'll look good on our wedding pics!image

HAPPY PLANNING LADIES! image) XX
  • nowmrsS2010nowmrsS2010 Posts: 797
    Hi I am a young wife...I had just turned 23 when we got married, and we are now fast approaching our 1st anniversary!

I didn't get many comments off family and friends, but when I meet new people they seem very suprised and I do tend to get comments...

I just say well, I am 23, I own my own house, I am now at uni doing a masters, on a very good course,it is so good that I actually get a "wage" and you know what I love my life...so go judge someone else lol
  • MrsA-2-bMrsA-2-b Posts: 154
    Im 23, and were getting married next year, people always ask my age when they find out my age and make little comments about me being to young when my H2B is 25 and nobody comments about his age!

• Am I the only one who hasnt had comments about how young we are? image
  • MrsPugh2MrsPugh2 Posts: 446
    Well i thought i was a young bride lol I am 24 now and when we get married i will be 26 and my hubby 2 be is 33 will be 34 when we get married but he acts like a 25 year old.

Even tho i will be 26 when i get married i still have comments about me being too young to settle down!!
  • I am 22, and get married in 4 weeks time. And yes people often say i'm too young, but you cant put an age on love can you??

Melissa xx
  • Louise266Louise266 Posts: 367
    Im 23 and we got married in May, ive not had any comments from anyone really, we have 2 little boys, a 3 year old and a 18month old, so i guess my family were just waiting on it.

I look young for my age tho and i sometimes get comments when we are out, but it doesnt bother me, im 23, married with 2 kids and i love it!!

Louise xx
  • Me and my H2b will be 24 when we get married and been together 6 years x
  • Maria1985xMaria1985x Posts: 195
    I thought I was young but I'll be 27 next year when we get married lol.