Forum home Archived Disabilities

You and your dress!

post your dress or even the dress you wish to buy ,....

• Aww go on thennn.......if I must! lol.

It's Maggie Sottero's Tamara - for more pics see my other topics. I have a thread in General Chat called 'Me In My Dress - Pic Heavy'.

• sweetjouksweetjouk Posts: 792
    Wow Sally, thats gorgeous - I've got a Maggie Sottero too, no pics yet cos I'm still waiting for it to arrive! My jewellry arrived yesterday though and I think my walking stick is waiting at the post office - got a little note through the door yesterday while I was at work. I've ordered an offset clear cane like you suggested - will let you know what its like!

xx
  • loubybloubyb Posts: 1,503
    Here is me in the sample

Its Ellis Bridal Princess and the Frog (11302)

And I love it!!! image
  • wow BEAUTIFUL... here is me but my dress needs TONS of alteration ...my upper part of my dress jumped upimage

On me

On Model

[Modified by: canucks_chick on October 24, 2009 12:39 AM]

• Stunning! image
  • emmalampkinemmalampkin Posts: 6,618
    Removed.

x

[Modified by: emmalampkin on December 04, 2009 06:25 PM]

• wow you look like a dream...gorgeous dress ,gorgeous bride
  • pink4742pink4742 Posts: 1,999

this is mine... i love it but really need to get a pic of me in it. haha xx
  • I LOVE the beading on neckline..beautiful dress
  • Ooh pink! I love the colour!!
  • Hi emma lampkin

can i just ask where u got ur dress from or what designer it is? u look bloody amazing!!!

its exactly what i was lookin for xx
  • sweetjouksweetjouk Posts: 792
    Wow, you all look amazing. I can't wait til mine comes into the shop so I can get a picture of me in it!!
  • Wow Pink! What an awesome dress, such a fantastic colour!

Anyone had, or know anyone who's had a dress from China?

To be honest I find the whole idea of walking into a shop with my stick and supports very daunting.

And from what I've seen the prices are much much cheaper. Which is a big consideration as I'm doing thi wedding on a minimal budget, what with 4 kids between us!
  • TraskeyTraskey Posts: 151
    I have to say that the bridal stores that I went into with my stick were extremely helpful! Please don't let that put you off going into them.There was only one who wasn't very helpful but then all their dresses were in a size 10 anyway so I didn't like them either (hehe).

The pic is me in the sample. My dress is here but I need to get it altered. I ordered my dress from a bridal store in New York via eBay for half the price of over here. It's an original dress too image My hair is a lot longer than this now and I will take a pic of me looking nice and not tired after trying on about 10 dresses already!

[Modified by: Traskey on November 30, 2009 01:36 AM]

[Modified by: Traskey on November 30, 2009 01:37 AM]

[Modified by: Traskey on November 30, 2009 01:35 AM]

[Modified by: Traskey on November 30, 2009 01:39 AM]

• Transkey - what is your dress?

It looks very similar to Michelle by Maggie Sottero, which is the dress I finally ordered on Saturday after much debate. I've not got a picture of me in it yet though.

2nd Lucy - I would recommend going into bridal shops to try on dresses. I know it's difficult but it's worth it! You could always phone them up before hand and explain your difficulties and see how they can help you. Also if a shop can't accept your dissability or help you then they are not worth going to. I don't have sticks but have balance issues and they were generally lovely about helping me. One shop even found me some nice bridal flat shoes to try on with the dresses as I can't wear heels, which they normally have in the changing room to try on with dresses. I would also recommend going on a weekday if you are able to. I took a day off work and went to a shop on a Friday and it was sooo much more relaxed than going into a shop on a Saturday. I went into the same shop on Saturday to try on a dress again and then bought it, and the shop was so much more hectic and I didn't like it as much. Going on the weekday gave me more time and I could take things slowly without feeling rushed. Also the staff are generally more relaxed on a weekday as the shop isn't so busy.
    I just looked at the Maggie Sottero and it does look like that doesn't it? Mine is Alfred Angelo 1136 but they are practically identical. I am glad that you picked that one, I bet you are going to look fabulous in it!!

I would also agree with acoustic girl that if you can try and get a day off in the week to go to the bridal shop the whole experience is a lot better. Less rushed and more relaxed!
  • HuniibumpHuniibump Posts: 3,913 New bride
    Here's mine, it's Maggies Leoni, no pics of me in it yet though

• HuniibumpHuniibump Posts: 3,913 New bride
    canucks_chick I love your dress!! It's gorgeous on you, so jealous of your tiny waist!! x
  • helenb2209helenb2209 Posts: 5,102

This is mine x
  • Traskey - I've actually made that mistake before between your dress and mine - thinking they were the same dress in pictures. Yours is a beautiful dress and you look lovely in it.
  • nata_mccnata_mcc Posts: 810
    Awwwwww Canucks chick your dress looks miles better on you than the model!!!! It really suits you, its beautiful material and beading.
  • nata_mccnata_mcc Posts: 810
    Just finished looking at all your dresses, they're all so lovely!

I wish i had a photo of me in mine - the official photo looks PANTS you see. The material looks cheap and the model looks like she's holding 'brown treasure' in, as my H2B would say.
    Quoted:
    Traskey - I've actually made that mistake before between your dress and mine - thinking they were the same dress in pictures. Yours is a beautiful dress and you look lovely in it.

Aww, thanks *giant hugs*

When is your wedding date? Mine is 22nd May. When you get some pics of you in your dress you should post them on here. Bet you look fabulous!
  • emmalampkinemmalampkin Posts: 6,618
    Quoted:
    Hi emma lampkin

can i just ask where u got ur dress from or what designer it is? u look bloody amazing!!!

its exactly what i was lookin for xx

Thanks,!!

You have email. xx
  • MrsP-CMrsP-C Posts: 8,370

• mrshelen74mrshelen74 Posts: 9,282
    gorgeous dresses ladies
  • Quoted:
    Awwwwww Canucks chick your dress looks miles better on you than the model!!!! It really suits you, its beautiful material and beading.
    thank you sooooooooooo much..your kind words made my dayimage
  • I've got a picture of me in my dress - how do you put pics up???