Forum home Archived Disabilities

Finding comfortable but pretty shoes

Hi Everyone image

I'm hoping someone has some tips or reccomendations for me as I suffer with Plantar Fasciitis and other muscle/tendon strain in both feet and am having a nightmare finding wedding shoes.  I'm having laser treatment on my feet so there is hope that they will be better by the time my wedding day comes around next May but I'm playing it safe and would like to find some shoes that are both gorgeous and comfy.  I've been told that the minimum heel size I can have is an inch, but as I have never been able to walk in heels the most I can wear is 2.5 inches.  The shoe needs to be fully enclosed as I have an orthotic insole I have to wear, which means the back of the shoe needs to be high as the insoles raise my feet up by about 10mm, in most shoes this means my heels never stay in the shoe.  There also needs to be an arch in the shoe for support and as I have narrow feet it would need a strap across the top to keep my feet in place.  Day to day I live in walking sandals, walking boots and high top trainers as they are the only things that offer enough support, but I am desperate to be feminine on my wedding day.  I'm terrified of getting a little way into my special day and then I start limping and being in pain and am not able to walk around chatting to everyone and dancing with my man image

Does anyone know a good retailer (online or high street) that would cater to my needs? (Tall order I know) Please help, I'm desperate!

Kx

• JodielouJodielou Posts: 4,058

Paradox of London do a really cute pair of shoes called 'Dahlia' that I think would be perfect if they only had a little strap! image Might be worth emailing them you know and just asking whether this is something they can add? Really hope you find something; I'll keep my eyes peeled for you x

• JodielouJodielou Posts: 4,058

I think I've found the perfect pair!  They're gorgeous!  Paradox are bringing out a style called 'Cupcake' in mid October x

• Hi Jodielou,

Thanks so much for your help (apologies for such a delay in saying that!),  I did a lot more research and have managaged to find a pair that fit all of the requirements and which are absolutely gorgeous too.  They're a little higher than I would normally go for but I am able to walk in them.  I'm playing it safe too though and buying a new pair of walking sandles to change into for dancing if need be.  image

Kx