Crystal/Diamante Corsages

Looking for crystal or diamante corsages for the mothers to wear and as a keepsake. Has anyone come across any that do not cost the earth?

• craftycharlicraftycharli Posts: 3,175
    Have you tried Kathryn Russell at all? SHe makes bouquets, tiaras corsages etc out of just about aything you ask for but I don't know costings!!
  • sciallensciallen Posts: 246
    Hi sparkle twin, oh god i was looking at crystal type corsage and buttonholes only yesterday online but i cant remember where i found them?????? sorry thats not much help but ill try and retrace my steps and let you know, they did look very smart!!!! hope the plans are coming along ok. We were at a friend's wedding at the weekend, which kind of makes ours seem more real, although its still 277 days off yet!!!! x
    Hi me again, iv found the website i saw yesterday its www.victoriabrookes.co.uk there was another one i came accross www.crystalelegance.co.uk not sure of the prices though, didn't get that far. Hope these may help x
  • cheryl654cheryl654 Posts: 366
    Cheers Sparkle Twin - will check them out in a bit. Contacted my tiara maker who says she has never done them but may have to think about it as they seem to be getting more popular - see what we've done sarah, made sparkles mainstream!!! Wondered where you had got to anyway - no posts for a few days! 150 days to our big day. Just said to H2B that we better get rings sorted this week and he can do all the registrar bits. Have you got rings yet and what are you going for? no sparkles here as may clash with the bit of bling already on my finger. We have decided to have a plain band with a twist in it at the front so just need to find a jeweller to do it now. Going to check your web site recommendations now. Too-da-looooooooooo!
    I know, sparkles r us!!!!!! he he..... I've been working quite a lot lately (odd shifts) so thats why iv not been glued to my computer chair!! We havent got rings sorted yet, its next on our list though. Like you i have a lovely big "sparkle" on my finger already so we are just going for plain wedding bands. My engagement ring is white gold but as this is a soft metal and can tarnish easily, we are contemplating having the diamond set onto a platinum shank (which is a tougher metal and less likely to tarnish), if we do this we will get platinum wedding rings, otherwise we'll get white gold. 276 days to go!!!!!!! I cant wait x
    I have been told this thing about white gold tarnishing too as I have it. We paid a huge wack for this ring so would be really disappointed if this happened. We do have a 10 year defects guarantee on it so hopefully this covers it.
  • Lou_1986Lou_1986 Posts: 1,584
    my sister has a white gold ring and hers has gone a funny colour not the nicest look when you think how much you pay for it!! fortunately mine is 18ct gold and we think the shop put the wrong price on as she tried to write 9ct on the receipt then realised hehe BARGAIN!!
    Mine is 18ct white gold. Does that mean less risk of tarnishing? So worried now.........
    Sorry Sarah sparkle Twin - got email today from Crystal Elegance. Thanks for the contact.
  • rinnieukrinnieuk Posts: 158
    I would not believe everything you hear about platinum, gold, white gold etc. I have a platinum engagement ring which cost a fair price and i always remove it when doing anything that may damage it and yet it still has marks on it and has been bent twice. I took it back to the shop and they were a bit non plussed, it has all its platinum markings and eveything and is certificated!! I would not worry about the ring you have, you can always have it touched up after a few years anyway, it is the love it represents that matters.
    Thats great sparkle twin (cheryl654), let me know how you get on, i must say when i came across the website, i loved the picture on the homepage, of the dimante buttonhole, im quite tempted myself now!! I keep doing that - deciding on stuff, getting it all organised, then coming across loads of other ideas...... is it just me? OOh ooh!!!! I just picked up my tiara today, its soooooooo gorgeous, (one thing im definately not going to change my mind on) i love it. if you want a sneaky look go to www.euphoriacouture.co.uk and its the one shown in the contempory section heading, all sparkles******** let me know what you think!
    Love it Sarah - probably more contemporary than mine but hope you didn't get ripped off like me. Mine is crytals, diamante and pink feathery bits to match my dress. I'm a bit sad but liked Camilla's head dress at her wedding to Charles and went for something a bit bigger than the usual tiara!
  • blossom25blossom25 Posts: 3,072
    Just wanted to say that I liked Camilla's outfit and headdress too! Not my taste at all but I thought she looked very elegant! xx
    Hi *sparkle triplets* (well, 2 thirds of), I agree about the camilla thing, not for me, but she did look elegant. My mum is after something similar but not as big, she is only tiny and finds that hats just drown her, so we r on the look out for some elegant fascinators, her outfit colour is kind of a sage green (matches her eye colour perfectly), if anyone knows of any websites it'd be much appreciated, thanks.

Glad you like the tiara, i must admit it wasn't cheap (hand made especially), but my mum offered to buy it for me as she knew how much id fallen in love with it, so i suggested she give it to me as a birthday and chrismas pressi, that way i will be wearing it all day on my birthday (also my wedding day), and it will mean something to me on the day!!
  • blossom25blossom25 Posts: 3,072
    Hi Sparkles ** I looked at the site with the crystal posies and they are so gorgeous!! I had made up my mind about having white and lilac roses in a hand tied posy for me and freesias and roses for bridesmaids but the crystal designs are so tempting! Had no idea you could get things like that. xx By the way, my h2b has sage green eyes too LittleSa! Beautiful colour xx