when to book the cars???

Hello everyone,

I'm getting married 28th July next year and was wondering if anyone has booked their cars yet? Iv got Venue, Church, Dress and Florist sorted just wasn't sure about the cars!!

Anyone have any ideas, would be much apprecited...

Ambaangel xx

• clareg22clareg22 Posts: 302
    Hi, I booked our cars about 3 weeks ago, am still looking for a florist though. We have just went for 2 mercedes s class as our venue is 1.5 hours from our house. The company were very good and brought the car to the house for me to see
  • philtracyphiltracy Posts: 21
    I TOO AM GETTING MARRIED ON THE 28TH JULY,07 AND AS YET WE HAVEN'T BOOKED THE CARS BUT I AM AWARE I WILL HAVE TO DO IT SOON AS TIME IS TICKING.

GOOD LUCK AND LET'S HOPE WE HAVE LOVELY WEATHER, MINE IS 1,0, CLOCK SO PLENTY OF TIME FOR THE SUN TO COME OUT.:\)
  • ambaangelambaangel Posts: 266
    Mine is 1 o'clock as well!!

Haven't got a clue what sort of prices they charge either... Our venue is only 10 mins from the church though so maybe we'll look into borrowing one rather then spending all that money on a 10 min journey.
  • LisukLisuk Posts: 233
    Hi Amba, my big day is 22nd July and i got the car (only having one) last month. Its a sunday wedding so less chance of things being booked but the cars we have got already had bookings for saturdays in july. I'd say book asap to get your 1st choice.
  • gryffengryffen Posts: 43
    Yeah were the 13th July and we had to book today for them....they go like crazy!!!

I've always wanted a Rolls Royce Phantom for the wedding, so got 2. And for the Bestman and H2B they are walking there as were litterly 5mins walk from the church.

Since there is like another 80 people coming to the meal..we booked a bus.

• xana777xana777 Posts: 63
    Hi Gryffen, just wanted to know with which company did you booked the bus. i've been looking a bit but don't have too much idea yet.

Thanks!!
  • ambaangelambaangel Posts: 266
    Hi gryffen,

Would like to no what company you used s well, My H2B has always said he would love one on our wedding day but im dreading how much it would be. If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay? I would love to get him one as a surprise!!

Thanks x
  • Im getting married on 06/07/07 and have had the cars booked for a while now as think that for Friday and Sat weddings these things get booked up quickly so would suggest doing it as soon as possible. It is an expensive business tho, im having the bridal car plus 2 jags and its going to be about 650 pounds but the real surprise was the bus even with a discount its costing 500 pounds! However thats probably because my reception is about an hour from the church so dont panic if your venue is local should be much cheaper. Good luck all.
  • gryffengryffen Posts: 43
    LOL major change of plan when they said a change in price for the cars!!

It was £500 for 3 cars for 4hrs hire...plenty of time....then when we got the paperwork through it said £900. We called and they said they had misquoted us and that was the price.

We told them to shove it and refused to sign anything.

We now have a Silver Beauford and 2 mercedes s-class for £475. Better cars...better people and better price.

If getting married in Glasgow at all...heres the website.

www.thelittleweddingcar.com

Brilliant staff...family/friends company and good price as well.

Recommend these guys to everyone