Forum home Archived I got married in November 2012

November Brides Chat

• manfawmanfaw Posts: 2,756

Hello all!! Hope you all had lovely weekends image

My friends wedding was awesome image It was such a lovely day, I blubbed loads but I am so excited for our wedding now! Just 25 days to go and only 13 more days at work! Yay!

Yep I had a wedding dream last night, I dreamt I went to pick up my dress and there were loads of people there and then when I took my dress out of the bag it was black, I was really upset too image  Stupid dreams who knows what they mean?!

As for lists I have a mountain of them!  I have nearly finished all my DIY bits too! image I cant believe its coming round so quick now!

• mandy503mandy503 Posts: 2,066

I havent suffered too badly with dreams yet. Though I did dream that one of the diamonds in my ER fell off and I got really upset in my dream, but other than that nothing!....bit worried what I might be in for closer to the day!

Your all so lucky having time off before the big days! Ours is mental...

I have the friday off (h2b still working!) to sort and organise that we have eveything packed and in the car ready, (then going to see the new Twilight film with MIL), then we're driving sat and sun, meeting our minister for the blessing on sunday afternoon. Meeting our registar for the first time on the monday, then its take everything upto hotel monday evening, and go for a meal with my family before saying goodnight to my fiance for the last time!

Then tues morning I'm decorating hotel, then we get married!!!!!! Wed its driving home day! Then friday it all starts again for the reception on sat, then we have sunday and monday to see family off before we go back to work on the tues!!

And with h2b being a butcher he cant have any time off before christmas/new year (and it gets worse as one of they're full timers had a motorbike accident- he's ok, broke his wrist, and 3 fingers on the other hand! could have been much worse, he was really lucky! - and is out of work for at least 8 weeks!!!) so our honeymoon isnt untill the new year! I'm knackered just thinking about it!!!!!!!!

4 weeks today, and strangly I'm feeling quite calm, and...dare I say it?...prepared!!!!

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you win on the mental wedding preps Mandy!!

Not sure thats the best thing to win, but I'll accept my award gratefully! What do I win? A fabulas honeymoon? Maybe amazing fireworks for the reception? Oh no I know....massive sleep depravation and then exhustion!!!!!!!!!! image (tee hee - I dont do things the easy way!!!!!!) Never a dull moment at our place!

LMAO you're nuts!

But regardless its the day you want your way and it'll be awesome image

I try!

I'm laughing about it now, but believe me you do not want to be in my parents house on the morning! Between me, my two sisters, their 4 kids, and my mother - who bless her always takes the cr*p from me and my sisters! -  I'll be a total stress head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why'd ya think I'm insisting on being at the hotel in the morning to decorate - I'm a control freak and need the excuse to escape the mad house for a while! image

Enjoy your evenings girls - I'm gonna bank some snooze time while I can! zzzzzzzz image

• abi2889abi2889 Posts: 486
    Dear god it's just madness what we are all trying to do! How is it people have been getting married since forever yet we have yet to find a stress free simple way to do it?!

My afternoon/evening has consisted of getting everything wedding related out of the cupboard under the stairs, various boxes and bags dottd about the place, gone through all of it, listed up everything that is going up to the venue the day before, listed out how th decorations will be, I THINK I've got my table plan sussed though just 2 tables I need to run by h2b, finished all the individual tissue packets (with the help of my 3 year old!), wrapped h2bs birthday presents, written the cards, hidden all birthday items, and removed a spider so large it wouldn't fit under a glass but had to be removed with the dogs food measuring cup that decided to run at me while I had EVERYTHING out on the floor! And done the usual house stuff of washing, bins (rubbish day in the morning), cooked toddler dinner, and done bedtime routine! Phew! Just about to put together our little ones wedding day gift bag and then I will probably be about ready to start cooking for me and h2b before successfully crashing out in a puff of smoke!

After all that though....I'm pretty damn organised as one would hope with just 23 days to go, and while we're on it 13 working days until I'm off for 2 weeks for the wedding!

Seriously, they should bump the Duracell bunny for Duracell brides to be!!! image
    Just signed off this months timesheet and realized it's the last one I'll sign in my maiden name! For some reason this has tipped the scales for serious excitement!! 3 weeks exactly until wedding day!!!!!!!!
  • 30 days to go for me, eek! My wonderful brother phoned me yesterday to ask whether we would like him to buy us a big screen TV or a mini-moon to Portugal as a wedding present, so we are going to Portugal on the Monday after the wedding for 3 nights, yey image
  • that is a WONDERFUL brother! very nice. I paid my videographer, chocolate fountain, rings & church fees last night, ouch! lol.

florist tomorrow (I'm off, yay!) and discuss logistics with car people, and also see the minister to discuss order of service. also going to order place cards now the last surnames have been confirmed image

feel organised this week, wonder how long it will last

Wow VERY nice brother indeed! (We'll be lucky if h2b's brother actually turns up, in a suit, and doesnt swear infront of my young nieces, and nephew! Let alone gifting us with a wedding present! image)

Well, I've had a productive few days - favors, menus and placecards done. Thank You gifts sorted, and organised and in their bags along with their Tshirts for the morning, and fur shrugs. Washed and organised candle holders and got them (almost) boxed and ready to go!  and finished the Order of Services with confetti enveolpes! Phew - was a busy evening yesterday!

I got playing with the aqua beads this morning for our candle aisle decs! (They are so much fun - I may be embracing my inner child today! image) and they look great! Only cost about 99p and probley have enough for all 6 candle holders, though I will buy an extra pack just incase these dont look so good when I have to Rehydrate them! (I dont mind at 99p!)

Today is my afternoon off, and with my back killing me from all the sit ups I've been doing, and being knackered after last nights flurry of activity, I will be spending it curled up on the sofa with a frothy coffee and catching up on Sky+ before heading back out to work tonight! image

Have a good afternoon/evening girls xx image

Aww thats a lovely gift from your brother!

Well I have just paid the registrar, I still need to sort out music though and I had better get my skates on as we're seeing the registrar on Saturday!  We got our final bill from our venue which was less than we both thought it would be!

I really need to get my skates on with the rest of the DIY stuff, but I have the weekend to do that.

Mandy I need to take inspriation from you over the sit ups! I have no motivation for exercise at all and I have put on weight this week image Not a happy bunny!  Still I have a few more weeks to try and squeeze myself into shape!

Nothing else to report really, am feeling a bit down as the H2B is away for work, he'll be back tonight though I think I just need a cuddle!

• cyber hug on route to you!

I know the feeling, mine was due to go off on wed but it got cancelled with the helicopters being grounded after monday's incident.

going for a nice relaxing facial tonight, i saw some spots poking their way out & want them out & away! plus its always a nice treat, i love going to the beauty place for nice treatments image

Oooh enjoy the facial! I could use some relaxation I can tell you!

Oh Manfaw I'm with you on that! cant even have a nice relaxing bath in our house, with one bathroom it's like picadilly circus with all the ins and outs and additional bath toys!

I'm actually looking forward to being the otherside of the wedding so I can have my house back, it's just so cluttered right now. We have little space anyway and are hoping to extend/move early next year so having even less space does not help the amount of "argh! there's no space in here!!" feelings!! haha! 

I spoke to my sister the other night, she was making teh fruit cake layer of our wedding cake...it's 12inches, so big she had to go and buy a 10litre bucket to mix all the ingredients in because she did't have a big enough bowl lol!! Feeling very real all of a sudden!

• Girls - we get married this month!!!! I think i am last on 30th, but who is first?!!

No1babybear gets married today! I am not sure what time though!

Eeeeeek I cant believe its November and we're getting married this month!

Eeeek! I'm the 15th, but I'm sure there is someone else before me? Can't wait though, actually getting so excited!!

Cannot believe we're all getting married THIS MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eeeekkkkkkk!!!!!

Well I still havent had my hen night, and still dont know the date - tho I'm thinking it must be this weekend??? I did however get given this very cryptic invite from my MOH:

Times a ticking, Watch the clock, Before you know it you will be hot. A winter treat is not far away, Soon enough there'll be Shadow Play. So watch your phone and you will see, The time has come for fun and Glee.....

Now, we're both huge Gleek's, so I'm thinking maybe some kind of Glee theme, and I know we're going somewhere, as opposed to a night in, as she had a huge HooHa over a venue change with a couple of friends, but as for Shadow Play?????? I'm clueless!!! Any ideas ladies? And being Hot? again I thought maybe spa day, sauna and what not, but that doenst make sense as she said my dress and heels were great, so I'm so confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL I would just relax and let what ever it is happen!  You'll love it no matter what!! But it is exciting not knowing!

• thats very exciting & cryptic! 28 days for me, eek!

• manfaw when is your wedding?

in 15 days!

I was fine when I knew nothing - I could forget, but now I've been given that riddle its driving me crazy not being able to work it out!!! image Oh well fingers crossed I'll find out tomorrow morning, she promised me she'd let me know the morning of, so I can prepare! image

18 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• Sorry girls I should have looked at your countdowns!

I need a ticker! where do you get them from?

Just click on somenes ticker and that'll take you through to the website to make your own! Have Fun!

Well its not tonight!

But I did just get some sad news. image My MOH has just informed me that 2 of, what we thought were close friends, of ours have fallen out with her over my hen night. So I feel awful as obviously its over a night thats supposed to be about me (there is no way to put that that doesnt sound big headed!!!) These friends are now refusing to come to my hen night, something about a change of venue and them messing my MOH about over whether or not they were coming. She wont tell me the full story till afterwards coz she doesnt want to taint the night, which is really sweet of her, I just feel awful for her - shes been through a hell of a year already and I wish she hadnt had to deal with all this cr*p on top.

Weddings eh? Bring out the worst in people - you deffinatly know who your real friends are by the end of it!!

(sorry for the mini rant!)

• That's not good, I hope it works out ok and you do get a good night. Your moh sounds like a real gem tho - hopefully the other 2 will get over themselves or it will blow over!

Mandy that's such a shame, hen do's do seem to cause a bit of a stir in some friendships I've had similar issues from mine. I hope it doesn't stop the rest of you from having a good time whenever you do get to have your hen do!

Getting close now ladies.....lets just hope there's a little less rain than today on our wedding days!!

Rain now - clear and crisp on our days!!! image

Yeah, it seems to be a load of hoha over very little - a 'he said she said' situation I think. I've basically said I'm staying out of it and dont want to know anymore! And yeah my MOH is brilliant!

Had a good last minute shop-a-thon today, and iced 2 of 3 of the wedding cakes, and had a play with our reception center pieces (tho forgot to take my camera with me so no pics image ) Stupid printer is still plaing up tho so need to sort that, but so far so good.

16 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!