Any 2018 bride to be's out there?

Hello, My names Kate and I get married in March 2018!

• MrsLMTMrsLMT Posts: 3,830

Hello, another March 2018 bride here x

• Lexi90Lexi90 Posts: 971

Me! 

I'm getting married in May 2018. 

• MashMash Posts: 73

May 2018 for me too xxx

• March 2018 for me too!!!  how is your planning going? Xx

• Another 2018 bride to be here!!! :) September 22nd is our official date! Roll on 2017, I can finally begin to say to people 'im getting married NEXT YEAR' sounds so much better haha

• Mrs_BadgerMrs_Badger Posts: 1,440

That's what I've been saying.... As soon as it hits 1st Jan I can say 'I'm getting married next year' woo hoo.

To be honest, time seems to be dragging a bit now.. I'm just too impatient, lol.

Dress is ordered.. The one I wanted was going to be discontinued, so if I wanted it... I had to order it.

Registrar booked, venue booked and hotel for the evening do is booked.

also booked photographer.

I can't do anything else until March... Still need to put a deposit down on where we are going for the main meal and they said to phone back March next year.

Been looking around for ideas on flowers, cakes, invites and all the little bits.... But can't find anything I really like yet.

• as soon as next year rolls around I'm sure itl fly by!! :) I have my first official wedding dress appointment on the 15th December which I'm excited but nervous about..cant wait to finally start trying on all these beautiful dresses!

so far we have our venue booked, registrar, our flowers ordered, our wedding cake and little favours, horse and carriage booked and photographer...we have a videographer lined up but we are thinking about changing him as he didn't want a deposit so I'm abit concerned about him actually turning up on the day.. I'm now onto planing our centrepieces but struggling! I just seem to want more and more lol

• MrsW-22MrsW-22 Posts: 353 New bride

29th August 2018. People keep telling me it's ages away, then look all shocked when they realise we have been engaged for nearly a year already so time is flying by!!

I have booked the venue, and the registar. Found my photographer and I'm booking her at the end of the this month (so excited as she is a real geek just like me and my OH). 

I have a cake tasting in Jan, and we are ordering our cake toppers then too. I'm sorting out the venue decorations (fairy lights and drapes) in Jan too. 

Then it's on to crafting for me to see if I can actually make decent paper flowers... if not a florist is next on my list 😂

So far we have booked the venue, registrar, cake, photographer and transport. 

My dress has been delivered, going to to see it on the 19th December. Very excited! I have my flower girls dresses, they were in the BHS closing down sale and managed to get the two for £36 when it should have been nearly £100 for the two. 

I am on the crafting projects now. We are doing a lot of DIY! Just finished making the mini bunting and will start on the jam jars after Christmas. We have started planning our invites but can't really do much more on those until we give notice in March. 

We know what suits we want and will be booking those in February. I am hoping wed2be release their new bridesmaid collection in the new year.

I know what I like for flowers but struggling to find a florist I like. Vetoed three so far. Not good. 

I was thinking of having a bouquet for me but corsages for the bridesmaids... But not sure.

Have some wedding fairs Lined up for next year but my mum doesn't seem very 'happy' and doesn't mention the wedding.  Trying to surround myself with people who actually want to help and are happy/excited for me.. As my mum is bringing me down a bit.

Where are we all?  I'm in Norfolk.

Badgersbetty wrote (see post):

I was thinking of having a bouquet for me but corsages for the bridesmaids... But not sure.

Have some wedding fairs Lined up for next year but my mum doesn't seem very 'happy' and doesn't mention the wedding.  Trying to surround myself with people who actually want to help and are happy/excited for me.. As my mum is brining me down a bit.

Where are we all?  I'm in Norfolk.

My mum blows hot and cold. At the moment she is onboard with the wedding ideas but that can soon change.

I'm in South Wales.  

Haven't even mentioned the dress to my mum, if she can't be bothered.. I can't be bothered to show her.  I know what will happen, she will get in a strop because she didn't come with me.

😃

My mum was a nightmare I've the dress. Until the weekend before we went shopping and she suddenly changed her tune. 

I'm in sutton.

I haven't even started looking at dresses yet I'm avoiding it until I loose a bit more weight.  

Nothing stopping you looking and trying on 👍🏻😃

• HelenNHelenN Posts: 123 New bride

I'm May 2018, East Yorkshire :)

We've booked the venue, registrar, photographer and saxophonist to play during the ceremony, drinks reception and meal. My aunty is making my wedding cake. Not started looking at anything else yet. 

Oh, save the date cards have been ordered :)

Badgersbetty wrote (see post):

Nothing stopping you looking and trying on 👍🏻😃

No true. People keep telling me to do it. 😀 Maybe in the new year when the retail rush of xmas is over. (I work in retail 😢).

I walked into a bridal shop and just asked to have a look... They were fine with that.

Its nice to see where you stand in the wedding dress world, lol.

• Libby13Libby13 Posts: 243

We're August 2018 and getting married in Wiltshire. Also looking forward to next month being able to say "we're getting married next year!"

I go between feeling it's too far away and I don't wanna wait any longer, and being glad we have plenty of time to plan and save. 

We have booked the church, reception venue, band, photographer, videographer and some light up initials. We want to do save the dates next 

I just feel like saying sod it let's elope next month, lol

I'm glad I have time to save! I have had several moments of just wishing we could run away and do it now though! 😂 that was mostly when all the deposits started coming out my account! 

Very excited to be able to say we get married next year though, or even just in 19 months would be nice. I have had a countdown timer on my phone since we set the date, at that point it was more than two years away!

• May 2018 as well here :) xx

• I'm may 2018 as well 😊 can't wait until the new year to say we're getting married next year! 😁😁 but that also means I need to get my butt into gear and start planning properly. at the moment I keep putting things off until after Christmas! so far we have venue, registrar and band booked. started looking at photographers but finding it difficult to know who to go with. I have a week off work in March so hoping to look at dresses then

• seems like the most popular months to get wed in 2018 are may, June and august.. No 2018 bride 2 be has said September yet 😂 looks like im on my lonesome haha.

Sooo what's everyone having? A church wedding? Civil ceromony? we are having a civil ceromony even though I now like the idea of having a church wedding 😐  BUT our registrar is booked so no changing my mind on that one.

• I'm May 2018 as well! So far we have booked the venue and the registrar and that's it. Have a skype call with our preferred photographer this week as well so hopefully have that sorted too. I am shocked by how far in advance some things need to be done!

• We've booked: venue, registrar, caterer (from a choice of 3 you're given by the venue), photographer, videographer, florist and hair/MUA. I got carried away at the beginning and booked a few things although I'm glad we have as we're on a bank holiday so I imagine suppliers will be busy then! 

• Tay2Tay2 Posts: 33

Hi everyone, I'm another one for March 2018, just paid the deposit for the venue today! 😊 I was thinking I didn't need to do anything else until new year, but seeing how much you have all organised makes me think I should get a move on!! Hmmm, perhaps I should book the registrar and email the photographer I like, before all the people who get engaged over Christmas start booking things!

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

Not booked anything yet but I think probably summer or autumn 2018.

Was actually supposed to be getting married in april 2017 just over 4 months from now but I absolutely hated the whole big wedding thing and it was disgusting the amount of money we were wasting, even though technically it was still pretty cheap as far as weddings go. I was also so fed up of guests!

So I cancelled it and we will be having either a smaller wedding in the UK but not local to us, or going abroad.

Im still so tempted to elope though, I dont want to fall into a trap of having to stress about guests and family politics and food and all that rubbish, and wasting a load of money on the day.

OH will be planning on our honeymoon which hes decided is vegas so Im sure that will be... fun 😱😂

We are going for the registery office in Norwich (other venues were so expensive)... However the Norwich registery office is actually in Norwich Castle!!

Kind of got the wow effect! ❤️