What wedding related thing have you done today?

MrsMGMrsMG Posts: 359

Now that I'm into the double digits finally (98 days!) I thought I'd make a thread to see what wedding related thing we are all doing every day. It could be something major like booking your venue or something small such as you dreamt about your wedding

For me today - I set a date for my hen night (I'm arranging it myself)

• Tanya128Tanya128 Posts: 1,993

All I did was tick off one reply from my guest list, still exciting though!

• Issa19unionIssa19union Posts: 123

I have been giggling the budget around to fit in the idea of a weekend mini moon straight after and a honeymoon later as H2b only has school holidays off

• I ordered some candle holders for our centrepieces... only 3 weeks to go!

• FutureMRS TFutureMRS T Posts: 108

I've booked our videographer and ordered a personalised wedding planner. Our big days so far away! August 2018! 

• Haha fun thread 😄 I've sorted our seating plan, ordered table names, our aisle runner arrived andddd im about to put our favours into cellophane bags tied with ribbon! So quite a solid productive wedding day xx

• Missy6Missy6 Posts: 50

I bought my veil today! Only 100 days to go!

• MrsLMTMrsLMT Posts: 3,830

I started designing the evening invitations. 355 days to go.

• I've updated my spreadsheets with the 6 RSVPs we got today and put those people on the seating plan :)

Also spent most of the day talking about the wedding with my work friends, because they're all super excited now they've received their invites.

• I booked honeymoon flights!! 

• Mostly I've just talked about the wedding - does that count?!

And I received a text of my seamstress to say my dress will be ready in two weeks!

• Rosegold017Rosegold017 Posts: 476

I chased our photographer to see if he needs any lists from us, eg. desired shots, addresses. He's gone a bit quiet for my liking :)

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,202

I bought a gift for one of my parents, and a gift for one of my bridesmaids, and 4 children's activity packs. 87 days for me today.

• Tanya128Tanya128 Posts: 1,993

Oh yes and I just found out that I ruined a surprise for H2B by leaving his new watch I'd bought out to charge in the sunlight and forgot to hide it away before he came back tonight!

• Katherine66Katherine66 Posts: 1,234

Received the labels for the wedding favours!  

• Rosegold017Rosegold017 Posts: 476
    Jenni8 wrote (see post):

I bought a gift for one of my parents, and a gift for one of my bridesmaids, and 4 children's activity packs. 87 days for me today.

Activity packs - I need to sort these! Any recommendations Jenni? I need 4 or 5 too

• I had a boudoir shoot for my OH's wedding present :)  It was surprising hard work and tiring lol! 

• LittlespiceLittlespice Posts: 665

I made up the cake slice boxes I bought, and bought a load of peroni on offer in Waitrose 

• Bims09Bims09 Posts: 238

Not a bad day for me, I (finally!!) posted out our invitations and ordered my bridesmaid dresses! Just about to take a look at the planning document for the venue, as we have our planning meeting with them next week 

• Mrs NeekMrs Neek Posts: 445

I finally got on to creating our wedding website! :) 

Rosegold017 wrote (see post):

Activity packs - I need to sort these! Any recommendations Jenni? I need 4 or 5 too

Well I haven't received them but after probably a good hour looking around I chose ones from an ebay seller called uncraftables (totally do not get the name lol). I can let you know what they are like, but they are 24 pages and come with an 11 colour stacker crayon. My kids are 9, 7, 6 and 3 - I am not in the slightest bit knowledgeable about children (I had to google what age kids are before they can read) but these have about half the pages stuff for the older ones like crossword, wordsearch, hangman etc, and half colouring pages which I think the younger ones will enjoy more.

I also have a 2 year old coming and was going to buy her an activity box containing stickers and a colouring book and some other things but it was £4.30 then £1.75 postage so thought it would be cheaper me buying a sticker pack and colouring book from poundland or something.

Littlespice wrote (see post):

I made up the cake slice boxes I bought, and bought a load of peroni on offer in Waitrose 

Ooo what cake boxes have you bought, I am looking for these at the moment.

Jenni - I just bought plain white ones off Ebay and stamped the front with our monogram stamp! they were about £6 for 100 but came flat so you have to make them up.

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,298

I avoided the 'how is the wedding planning going' question 3 times. And answered a question fron my sister about food at the hen do. Because the girl clearly has her priorities straight lol.

74 days to go!

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

Updated budget, received invoice for wedding taxi, updated thread...

• Helen225Helen225 Posts: 861 New bride

Jenni - I just bought plain white ones off Ebay and stamped the front with our monogram stamp! they were about £6 for 100 but came flat so you have to make them up.

This might be a really stupid question... but how easy were they to make? I was planning on just leaving a pile of them FLAT next to the cheese cake so people could take pieces home. I wasn't really envisaging a big pile of made up boxes. What you think?

Helen225 wrote (see post):

This might be a really stupid question... but how easy were they to make? I was planning on just leaving a pile of them FLAT next to the cheese cake so people could take pieces home. I wasn't really envisaging a big pile of made up boxes. What you think?

If I can make them I'd say anyone can .

They might be a bit of a faff if people are drunk is the only thing but its just folding the flaps and making them slot in in the right place

• sugarmousesugarmouse Posts: 189

Today (Wednesday 5th) I have looked for earrings and I went to The Body Shop to get my perfume: White Musk Dusky Rose.  

• LeeLawLeeLaw Posts: 107

Ooh I love this thread!

Yesterday I:

Sent updated cake design to the baker

Sent updated flower document to the florist (my auntie)

Asked for public liability insurances from all of our suppliers

Asked friend to make me a ring box (she's super crafty and I want something similar to the Mrs Box without the hefty price tag) 

Thanks littlespice - do you mind sending me a link? All the ones I was looking at looked quite small!

Jenni

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/282173537659?_mwBanner=1

Does that link work? theyre not massive to be fair - but I've given the measurements to caterers and asked the cake to be cut to that size!