Any 2020 weddings??

Anyone else thinking 2020 for their wedding or am I the only one?? 

Wanting to go abroad so want to give everybody enough notice to be able to afford it. 

france is currently the top of my list.. very excited, it's going to be a long 3 years!!! 

• Not 2020 but 2019..... and that feels far enough away :/ 

id love to get married abroad, and a recent family fall ur had me and h2b considering eloping but I have 2 daughters and can't imagine doing it abroad now x

• hi!!  I'm 2020. 4th July. Church booked. Trying to sort venue then save, save, save!  Excited and love that I have 3 years to plan

what month will you look at?x

• Love how organised some of you are! I have had a few enquiries for 2020 (for both France & Italy!) for planning packages and it is definitely good to get ahead if you are having a wedding abroad, but many venues won't accept 2020 bookings yet.

However good to start pinpointing your preferred areas and venues and getting a good idea for your budget!

Where is France are you looking? The Riviera & Provence are AMAZING but you can find some stunning chateaus in other areas too...

Catherine x

• Thinking May/June time maybe 

I've read that south west France is nice, and a bit cheaper than the south so I think I might start there. OH has decided that he doesn't want to share accommodation so I'm looking for chataeus that you can get married at but not stay over in. If such a thing exists? 

Hoping to narrow our search down and then go over and have a look at a few. 

Were not looking to book anything until next year but I need to get a rough idea of prices before I fall in love with an idea that we could never afford. 

• Amy429Amy429 Posts: 4

Omg I am so glad I am not the only one. 

I said 2020 love the round number too. 

everyone is like wow that's ages away etc!! 

• Emma681Emma681 Posts: 218

Our wedding is in Dubrovnik in three weeks. We started planning and picked our date 2 1/2 years ago... it might seem like ages now, but the time really will fly by!

Enjoy the planning, and if possible I would recommend visiting at the same time of year the year before. That really helped us to get a feel for the weather, when sunset is, how busy it is etc. x

• Yep! August 2020 for us! That year, my youngest turns 18, and it gives us 3 years to save. Went to a wedding fair recently and was told that 2020 is looking to be a very busy year wedding-wise, so I'm hoping to book my venue this year if possible. 

• Good bit of advice mrswindsor - wonder why it's a busy year, unless round number??

Amy429 - my htb keeps saying its ages/too soon to tell people etc but the years fly and I cant wait!

Emma681 thanks I hope it flies over but love that I have time to plan.  Good luck for your wedding and hope to see pics?x

• Emma681Emma681 Posts: 218

Thanks SunnyGoldConfetti! I will happily share some pics but I'm not sure how I do that on here... I will figure it out when we get back! x

• Ooh reading all of your replies has given me butterflies. Thought I was on my own for a while. 

We have said that we want to make a shortlist of venues and then visit them next year. hadnt thought about going at the same time of year though. 

Im going to have a look for wedding fayres that are local. It's difficult though because there's not much for destination weddings but it's the one thing I know I can do now without being too premature 

• SunnyGoldConfetti wrote (see post):

Good bit of advice mrswindsor - wonder why it's a busy year, unless round number??

Amy429 - my htb keeps saying its ages/too soon to tell people etc but the years fly and I cant wait!

Emma681 thanks I hope it flies over but love that I have time to plan.  Good luck for your wedding and hope to see pics?x

Thats exactly it, the lady who was from a dress shop said she had so many enquiries for 2020 already! It's got that 'millennium factor'. The first time I married was 1999, a young and naive 21 year old (!), this is my 2nd marriage, and h2b's first. But simply waiting for both my children to be adults as we've already had such problems with my ex, so basically not giving him a chance to moan about what we're doing regarding the 'children'!!

im so excited about it this time round, such a different feeling! 

• MissDizzle wrote (see post):

Ooh reading all of your replies has given me butterflies. Thought I was on my own for a while. 

We have said that we want to make a shortlist of venues and then visit them next year. hadnt thought about going at the same time of year though. 

Im going to have a look for wedding fayres that are local. It's difficult though because there's not much for destination weddings but it's the one thing I know I can do now without being too premature 

Pooh I like wedding fayres, mind you one I was at recently had 4 I think photo booth people - too many I thought at 1! Maybe just me

Awww it's really exciting and the time is flying ....... Be lovely to journey with you all on it xx 

• Had a few replies back today from enquiries over the weekend (a lot a way over our budget but thats a different story) 

a lot of them have said that they are fully booked for this year and next and weekends are filling up for 2019 too. Makes me feel a bit better enquiring so early. 

• Update, been to see venues. They say 2020 is starting to get booked.  We've agreed on 2 venues to decide between......both holding my date for 2 weeks!  Eeeeeeeek!!! 

• Ooh that's so exciting! It's crazy isn't it. It feels so far away I feel like I can't do much so were concentraring on venues and filling my Pinterest board! 

My friend got engaged a couple of months before me and they get married next year. mine feels so far away 

• I agree!  Niece's is next year but just think.............when theirs is over, ours will be yet to come! My Pinterest is rammed, so many good ideas out there.  Do you have a theme yet or colour scheme?x

• rlnxrlnx Posts: 46 New bride

meeeee! I'm getting married 20th March 2020 at Gorcott Hall in Redditch! The venue was booked 3 weeks after he proposed! 

I'm so excited, my pinterest can't take anymore   3 years feels like such a long way away but it will soon be here! We have to start paying for our venue in march 2019! 

• @rinx.  It will fly round!!   We have venue, church and videographer booked. Soooooo exciting!! 2020 will be here before we know it x

• MissDizzleMissDizzle Posts: 56
    SunnyGoldConfetti wrote (see post):

@rinx.  It will fly round!!   We have venue, church and videographer booked. Soooooo exciting!! 2020 will be here before we know it x

Oh wow really!! 

Were currently shortlisting venues before booking flights. I've found one that I've fallen in love with but I dont want to just see one place if you know what i mean. Hoping to go over in September so need to get a wiggle on 

@rinx.  It will fly round!!   We have venue, church and videographer booked. Soooooo exciting!! 2020 will be here before we know it x

You are super organised!!! I love it! :) I went into TK Maxx today and found the most beautiful card post box! Its perfect for our theme and for 5.99 a complete bargain! I also managed to get some beautiful evening invitations from clintons, 99p from 4.50! 

Where are you getting married? :)

• abiscottabiscott Posts: 26

I'm a 2020 bride too!

Just got engaged on holiday in June in Zakynthos, will now be returning there for our wedding!  We've not really planned anything other than the date, so that family have plenty of notice.

Will be exciting sharing the planning journey with fellow 2020ers!!

• rlnx wrote (see post):

You are super organised!!! I love it! :) I went into TK Maxx today and found the most beautiful card post box! Its perfect for our theme and for 5.99 a complete bargain! I also managed to get some beautiful evening invitations from clintons, 99p from 4.50! 

Where are you getting married? :)

wynyard Hall in Teesside - it's an amazing venue  me and htb looked at loads but kept going back to it!  Solo exciting   I love bargains so that sounds fab! Have you done much more!  I have found all sorts but worry I will change my mind before then x

• abiscott wrote (see post):

I'm a 2020 bride too!

Just got engaged on holiday in June in Zakynthos, will now be returning there for our wedding!  We've not really planned anything other than the date, so that family have plenty of notice.

Will be exciting sharing the planning journey with fellow 2020ers!!

A www congratulations!  Yay! Our 2020 group is growing!  Exciting x. PS what is your date?x

• abiscottabiscott Posts: 26

A www congratulations!  Yay! Our 2020 group is growing!  Exciting x. PS what is your date?x

It's the second week of June, unsure on a date yet as we are getting married in Zakynthos, and wedding planners won't take enquiries until next year!  So for the moment we're just getting ideas together.

• MissDizzle

Hi, did you consider to marry in Italy? I'm going for Rome in May 2018 (civil marriage), really happy about this choice and everything really affordable too! We are going to have about 30/35 people, which I think is ideal to manage a destination wedding. 

After a pretty long selection (it took a while to find the perfect planners, but we did it!) we are using a local wedding planner agency, they work so great and everything is going smooth, my fiancè and I are very safe and relaxed about all the vendors etc...

I'm available if you need extra tips, hope it helps!

Rebecca-Kelly

• Hi guys!! 

Just caught up, ive found a 2020 fb group so have been spending a bit of time on fb. 

We have scrapped the France idea as it was blowing our budget and have settled on zante (for now) 

abiscott have you decided where in Zante yet? i have been emailing zante dream weddings and they are taking bookings already. One of the 2020 fb brides (there's a few zante brides on there) has booked for may already. 

• what is the Feb group called Hun?

• If you search 2020 brides it will come up x

• YD27YD27 Posts: 7

Hello! Wooooooppppppppp i've also just got engaged! :D we want to get married abroad - potentially Mexico so we need as much time as possible to save. We have a one year old and I work part time so not loaded! :D we're doing things a bit different though as H2B (eek!) is in the army, we are going to do the legal paperwork this November (no ceremony whatsoever, just signing it), then we're moving into married quarters which will enable us to save even more, then we'll get 'blessed' abroad.....

Anyone else doing this or just me? :D x

Congratulations girls x

How is everyone getting on?

I've been ordering samples of wedding invitations recently and have found some beautiful ones! I think we might have found the ones we want! :D 

I'm also going to the wedding show at the NEC the end of this month! It's so exciting!!!! xxxx