โ€บ

'Tis The Season To Be Married - Dec 2018

• SadieeeSadieee Posts: 1,781 New bride

The Church & Venue

So we have booked our church and reception venue!! :D In the end H2B said to go for the 8th December rather than 15th (my preference) as to avoid being too close to Christmas as 90% of our guests are travelling from 250 or more miles away and may struggle the closer we get to Christmas (I know logically he is right but part of me still wishes it was the 15th!) Just have to give the church our deposit when I attend our first sunday and the reception venue are mailing out the info to us and we will pay their deposit then :) we went to our local whetherspoons (cant beat spoons! haha) and had a bottle of prosecco to celebrate (our daughter celebrated with a chocolate brownie & ice cream hehe)

Caterers

I met with the first choice caterers yesterday after work, was thrilled with them! They were so nice, very helpful and talked me through everything. The chef and the owner both came and explained I could pretty much do what we liked regards to the menu :) They will also be supplying all table linen, glassware, crockery etc They are doing our welcme drinks (mulled wine & hot chocolate) and letting us provide our own wine for the meal and toasts and will serve at no extra cost :) So below is our first draft wedding menu!!

Starter

Leak & Potato Soup

Selection of breads & Butter

Main

Trio of Lincolnshire, Savaloy & Cumberland Sausage served with mash potato, gravy and bowls of honey roasted parsnips & carrots and winter greens.

Or

Wild Mushroom Risotto served with a Parmesan Crisp

Dessert

Chocolate mousse served with shortbread biscuit

Coffee & Tea served at the table

Dark Roast Coffee

English Breakfast Tea

Chocolate Mints

Evening Food

Bacon & Sausage in Soft Rolls

Falaffel Burger in Soft Roll

Selection of Cheeses (our 'wedding cake') served with biscuits, chutneys, relishes, grapes, celery & figs

• MrsK2017MrsK2017 Posts: 230 New bride
    Sadieee wrote (see post):
    MrsK2017 wrote (see post):

Love this thread! I'm a Dec 2017 bride :)

Oooh I'll go have a look at your thread, i'd love to see how yours goes! (also my steal any ideas I think are fab! sorry haha)

Hahah don't worry about it, go for it! ;) I'm excited to see you planning yours :) 

Deposits

I paid the church deposit on Sunday and just waiting for the family members who are contributing to send me theirs so that I can pay the caterers & photographers deposits this week :)

More Deposits!

My photographer's deposit is paid and he is set up via direct debit so will be paid in full by this October so I have one less thing to think about! Caterers deposit is also paid and I have also managed to pay my make up and hair stylist!! A fab MUA and hair stylist I found through these very forums, Hannah Gill :D I love being able to get these deposits booked one by one!

Deposits left to pay are reception venue (they still haven't mailed us the payment info) and the music deposit (being paid by my mum after she returns from her holiday:))

Bought this planner from paperchase today :)

https://www.paperchase.co.uk/wedding-planner-file.html

I have invoices, paperwork, clippings etc scattered everywhere and needed somewhere to keep them safe. I was just going to get a normal binder and some dividers and wallets (because we all know the word wedding increases the price of everything) but found this and loved it! Had the sections I needed plus extras to add my own, seating plan stuff, checklists, diary etc so I gave in and bought it oops! Now I get to spend tonight putting everything in it and organising it, a wild Saturday night ;)

We went to the hotel we will spend our wedding night in today. My H2B's best friend (also our daughters godmother) is the manager there and came in to show us around. It backs on to our church and recpetion venue so location is perfect. She let us see the 2 suites we can choose from (for me to stay in night before and us both stay on the wedding night) as well as see other grades of rooms our guests who choose to stay there can choose from. She has given us some fab special rates for us and our guests (well, still a bit more expensive compared to local travelodge/ibis/H2B's hotel he works at) but its beautiful and perfect location so a good option in my opinion.

My grandma also rang me to say she had bought the first 6 bottles of wine for our meal today! She had asked what wine I had picked the other night, which I told her (going for a good known brand white and red wine and prosecco for toasts, that are found in major supermarkets and goes in their offers quite often) and she looked today to see not only was it reduced by £1.50 per bottle, they also had a 'buy 6 bottles and get 25% off' deal, so she got six for me lol 16 and half months to go and already have some wine haha

I found some pics of the hotel suite we have booked for me and H2B (me the night before and both of us the wedding night). The other suite was bigger but hadn't been redecorated yet so this one felt nicer to be in, even if smaller :) It is positioned at the front of the hotel, overlooking their main entrance in the city centre square so I can people watch everyone below doing their christmas shopping and will see all the chistmas lights :)

• MrsK2017MrsK2017 Posts: 230 New bride

That hotel suite looks lovely!  

Looking forward to seeing more of your planning ๐Ÿ˜Š

• MrsLMTMrsLMT Posts: 3,830

The suite looks lovely x 

My sister keeps waiting for me to get stressed out, but at the moment everything is pretty good. But then I am generally good at making decisions so as soon as I find what I want at a price I can afford I just book it rather than spend ages comparing things (at the moment this has worked well, no regrets on what we've booked so far anyway lol)

Sales are evil! Found the perfect hair piece in the debenhams sale, down to £19.20 from £30

It's the Jon Richard Isabella crystal and pearl flower headband. I knew I wanted a headband, I knew I wanted it to be pretty but not too big or anything. Sensible part of my brain tells me that I dont have my dress yet, how can I know what headband I want, but this is beautiful and im pretty sure it will go with anything (it certainly goes with the dresses I am looking at anyway haha)

And then to make it worse, I have been googling faux fur stoles/wraps etc  (marrying in December and I had known I had wanted one for ages). I had seen a few but all the ones I liked were well beyond what I wanted to pay, so I had figured I would get one from ebay (aka china) which I was fine with.Then a post on pinterest showed one that I loooved! Perfect colour (I didnt want a white one), looked comfy and beautiful. So of course I fugured it would be out of my price range, but found the make and googled away anyway. Sure enough, it was more than I wanted to pay (nearly £60) and besides, they no longer stocked it...then I noticed it. A link to the companies ebay outlet store, for all the items they no longer stock but still have a few of. And there it was! One left! And not only was it the only one left, it was down to £14 from nearly £60!!

So of course I have gone and bought it haha having it delivered to work so H2B doesnt realise, he doesn't see why I need to be looking at any of this with 17 months to go, but how could I resist that price??

Here it is :) It's the Joe Brown Glamorous Faux Fur Stole in Mink

• ruthie1979ruthie1979 Posts: 794

Oh I love the navy and gold and that fur stole is beautiful.

Can't wait to read more - we get married in October 2018 so it will be nice to see how we both progress with our planning xx

• Mrs17Mrs17 Posts: 782 New bride

I had that headband, with the matching bracelet and necklace! It's gorgeous isn't it?! Comfortable too

ruthie1979 wrote (see post):

Oh I love the navy and gold and that fur stole is beautiful.

Can't wait to read more - we get married in October 2018 so it will be nice to see how we both progress with our planning xx

Thank you! H2B wanted blue, being a Chelsea fan, so I made it a shade of blue I liked and mixed it with the colours I had wanted :) and I cant wait for it to arrive for me to try on! Probably going to end up being the best bargain of the wedding haha!!

I've been reading your planning thread :D your villa is beautiful! I had wanted to marry abroad, and in Cyprus, but H2B was a big no no on it (some of his family are very petty and selfish people, he obviously wasn't understanding the bit where them not being able to come was a pro and not a con ;D haha)

Wibble2017 wrote (see post):

I had that headband, with the matching bracelet and necklace! It's gorgeous isn't it?! Comfortable too

It's so beautiful! Glad ro hear it's comfortable haha I havent been able to find matching jewelery though, was they also through debenhams?

• Mrs17Mrs17 Posts: 782 New bride

It's so beautiful! Glad ro hear it's comfortable haha I havent been able to find matching jewelery though, was they also through debenhams?

Sorry for the delay - I never get notifications through this forum! I bought all of it, and a pair of earrings (not the matching ones) direct from the Jon Richard website - they were so great to deal with I even got my bridesmaid gifts from there!

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

Love the wrap! Ill definately be having one but I cant decide what colour to get, and Im being fussy because they seem to be short and I really want a long one like this

If worst comes to worst Ill just have to mortify h2b by turning up in leopard print fur coat ๐Ÿ˜‚

MrsJ2017 wrote (see post):

Love the wrap! Ill definately be having one but I cant decide what colour to get, and Im being fussy because they seem to be short and I really want a long one like this

If worst comes to worst Ill just have to mortify h2b by turning up in leopard print fur coat ๐Ÿ˜‚

I have that one on my pinterest :D It's beautiful!! I did search for it as well but think when I found it, it was to have it made and was more than I could afford. I also wanted a longer one but was lucky, im quite short and small so the one I bought seems longer on me haha

Sorry for the delay - I never get notifications through this forum! I bought all of it, and a pair of earrings (not the matching ones) direct from the Jon Richard website - they were so great to deal with I even got my bridesmaid gifts from there!

Thanks for that :D im going to have a look now

Figured I better do an update :)

So we are currently in talks with 2 venue decor companies, one is cheaper (due to a current special offer) and would give us more but the other has been to our venue before numerous times and knows how everything goes there.

We know what suits we want, just a case of getting them fitted and measured.

My grandparents visited yesterday so I showed them the church and our reception venue, they liked it all and gave thumbs up to my ideas so far which was good :)

Our daughter doesn't want the dress I like for her so still working on that. 4 years olds are bloody stubborn ๐Ÿ˜‚

People have commented on us being quite organised and knowing what we want so I have to keep reminding them that we've been engaged for 2 years, we know what we want, we've practically planned it all already, we were just waiting for a point when we could afford it to start booking lol

Oh I was also concerned about our guest list and the amount of people so we've made the decision to only invite children in the family. That still gives us 10 kids aged new born to 13 but it was going to be around 26 if we included friends kids so it's made it better lol

The flower girl dress I wanted for my daughter, the only one I have liked so far, went on sale! So I did a rather silly thing and bought it, with 16 months still till the wedding. I did pick the size I believe she should be at the time, but decided it was worth the risk! (Didn't help my sister was on the phone when I went to check it and she egged me on, saying 1) If we change our mind we havent wasted loads of money thanks to the sale, and 2) we can always have the dress altered nearer the time if needed haha)

• Kelly224Kelly224 Posts: 962 New bride

I did a similar thing yesterday. Spotted a gorgeous flower girl dress on a Facebook selling site for £5 so decided to buy it for my little niece. It's exactly the style I was looking for them to wear and it's age 3 & she'll be 2.5 by the wedding so i reckon it will fit! I do love a bargain!!! 

Kelly224 wrote (see post):

I did a similar thing yesterday. Spotted a gorgeous flower girl dress on a Facebook selling site for £5 so decided to buy it for my little niece. It's exactly the style I was looking for them to wear and it's age 3 & she'll be 2.5 by the wedding so i reckon it will fit! I do love a bargain!!! 

Glad I'm not the only one who does stuff like this haha 

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

I bought flower girl dresses a few months ago and theyre getting worringly well fitting now, still with 5 months to go ๐Ÿ˜ฑ If i have to buy more its not the end of the world, and Im sure therell be lots of lovely dresses in the run up to christmas.

MrsJ2017 wrote (see post):

I bought flower girl dresses a few months ago and theyre getting worringly well fitting now, still with 5 months to go ๐Ÿ˜ฑ If i have to buy more its not the end of the world, and Im sure therell be lots of lovely dresses in the run up to christmas.

Yeah, I did even say that if I do eventually find one I like more I could still get it and sell this one on, but I just knew that if I never saw one that I loved as much as this and I hadn't bought it I would be kicking myself lol

Ignore this post, I have been thinking of christmas carol/hymns I would like to be sung during the ceremony, I just need to write them somewhere as think of them (cant be bothered to walk upstairs for my wedding planner haha)

O come all ye faithful

Once in royal davids city

Joy to the world

Good king wenceslas

The holly & the ivy

Away in a manger

Silent night, holy night

Hark the herald angels sing

O little town of bethlehem

So just need to narrow that list down over the next 16 months lol

So I have been buying a couple little bits and bobs recently (by chance a lot of items we knew we wanted had gone in to sales so seemed silly to not get them!), collecting some from shops tomorrow so i'll put some pics up then (H2B off to see Chelsea play so free house!). Taken a risk with some, for example the BM dresses we loved went down to £22 each, from £60 on asos, so the two BMs said to order them now and we'll just get them altered if any there are any changes needed nearer the time.

We also paid the music deposit yesterday as well, so we now have our entertainement booked :) He is a singer/guitarist as well as DJ so we have him performing during our drinks reception up to midnight with a mix of acoustic guitar and singing during the drinks reception and electric guitar/singing and DJ for the evening :)

• ruthie1979ruthie1979 Posts: 794

So I have been buying a couple little bits and bobs recently (by chance a lot of items we knew we wanted had gone in to sales so seemed silly to not get them!), collecting some from shops tomorrow so i'll put some pics up then (H2B off to see Chelsea play so free house!). Taken a risk with some, for example the BM dresses we loved went down to £22 each, from £60 on asos, so the two BMs said to order them now and we'll just get them altered if any there are any changes needed nearer the time.

We also paid the music deposit yesterday as well, so we now have our entertainement booked :) He is a singer/guitarist as well as DJ so we have him performing during our drinks reception up to midnight with a mix of acoustic guitar and singing during the drinks reception and electric guitar/singing and DJ for the evening :)

I've bought a few bits too - Not On The High Street had an amazing sale (think it ended last week?) so I ordered lots of bits that came today! Lots of bargains

£22 each for BM dresses is amazing!!!! Need to see pics! xxx