THE REPORT - Our romantic champagne and ivory wedding 1st July 2017

Hey beautiful people!

So, I am all caught up on your planning threads (though there are so many I have probably missed some – sorry if I have, feel free to wave at me if I haven’t written on yours), I have made a start on the process of changing my name (in other words I have done 1 out of my list of 17 agencies to inform!), my nails are cut (man it was so hard typing all my posts so far they were SO LONG I just HAD to cut them before commencing the mammoth task of writing my report) and I have made a start on the piles of honeymoon washing (2 out of 4 is good enough right? This is a marriage of equal responsibility after all…) so I am officially ready to start this.

You’ll have to bear with me though as I am so slow and don’t want to rush and forget things though so I’ll probably be a slow starter, but once I get going I hope to have a good flow. Besides, we haven’t got round to looking at the professional photos yet which we have this in the diary for Thursday evening.

Here I go…..

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,298

Yessss :D

• Yeeeeeees!!!

• MrsLMTMrsLMT Posts: 3,830

Yay!! My cup of coffee is made and I am waiting patiently xxx

• Wibs77Wibs77 Posts: 414

Yay I have been waiting for this

• MrsNolanMrsNolan Posts: 684

YAAAAAAAYY!!!!

• EmmyGeeEmmyGee Posts: 102

Jenni - absolutely the same as me! I had my nails so long, I had to get them cut before going back to work!

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,202

Us: Bride is me, Jenni obvs, and my handsome groom and fabulous husband is Ollie. We met in February 2010 whilst I was at university in Cardiff, where Ollie is from and was working at the time. After a year (quite soon into our relationship considering we were only 21) I announced my plans to move to London one I finished my degree summer 2011 and Ollie immediately started looking for jobs to come with me. He ended up moving there before me for an amazing job, so we went long distance for 7 months until I came to join him in London when we moved in together July 2011. Over the years, we got our fur babies, our moggie cat Aura, and retired Patterdale Terrier, Zac.

Details:  1st July 2017 at the Burley Manor Hotel in the New Forest. Hubby and I live in south west London, but both have family ties to the New Forest and regularly camp/visit there. We love it and hope to call it our home in the long-term future so it was a natural choice as our wedding location. Our venue was a rather tired old manor hotel with a totally neglected barn when we booked it, which we did based on inspiration boards and architects design drawings for a large renovation across the whole hotel and barn. They absolutely nailed the renovation and whilst during the planning period there were some hiccups which we expected from an existing hotel only just starting to take on weddings, they absolutely nailed the execution on the day.

Engagement and summary of planning: we got engaged at home, surrounded by our fur babies, on the 13<sup>th</sup> June 2015. I was in a grumpy mood, wearing my PJs with bed hair, and it was perfect. We didn’t announce our engagement (via the official method of facebook) until about 4-5 weeks after the engagement as we were keen to tell all family and close friends to the faces since I have an obsession of not living my life through facebook. This is one of my biggest bug bears and something I am determined never to do.

Therefore, our engagement was 2 years and 2 weeks. Since I can remember I always wanted a long engagement to ensure that I took my time and enjoy it, and that I did. I got my choice of suppliers and managed to shop around for all the bits and pieces. By the time 18-20 months had passed, I must admit I was getting a little frustrated and was wishing the day to come closer and just fed up of planning, so perhaps it was too long. But I wanted a summer wedding and this length engagement would have meant a winter wedding so there wouldn’t have been anything I could have done to change that.

The bridal party: Two bridesmaids, my best friend E and my older sister L. My sister got engaged and married during the period of our engagement which turned out to be very helpful in that she could help me towards the end, and it meant it was another wedding for me to attend to pick up tips but on the other hand, part of me would have loved to have been able to help her and get more involved in her wedding which I was unable to do due to being in the middle of final uni exams in combination with her living the other end of the country. I have know my friend E for 12 years and for most of this we have lived in different cities (not close ones) though we have stuck through it and it is one of those friendships that can go for weeks without conversing, and then when we do it is like nothing has changed. In ways we are very similar, but one big difference between us is our organisational skills – I am very organised. E is not. Because of this, and both of my bridesmaids leading very busy lives both far away from me and my wedding location, I didn’t ask anything of my girls in the lead up to the wedding in the way of helping with DIY/helping with decisions. They did organise me and lovely hen do though, and were both darlings on the day. I would always recommend to go with less

The best man was my (now) brother-in-law D. It was a natural choice for Ollie to choose his brother as they get on well and have many stories of mischief growing up as boys close in age. I also love D and had Ollie have chosen a friend, I think his other friends might have been put out as he doesn’t have a stand-out best friend as such…

His ushers were two close mates from a previous job who I didn’t know until I met them a couple of months before the wedding at the suit fittings, but they are both lovely, and very funny! They did a fabulous job on the day also.

• MrsG2bxxMrsG2bxx Posts: 868

Yes Jenni!! whoop whoop!!!

I almost forgot my angelic niece, and flower girl, Evie. She is honestly the most darling little girl ever. She was 26 months at our wedding, and I can count on the fingers of one hand how many times I have seen her crying or having a tantrum. You probably think I am biased but I genuinely am not a kiddy person and do not feel this way about all my nieces and nephews, of which I have 9. She is just so well behaved and pulls the best cute faces ever. I was just saying to my sister this morning about how I am looking forward to seeing the photos of her at the wedding as she was just so cute in her dress and was acting up to the camera so much!

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

Yay Jenni yay!

• EpiphanyEpiphany Posts: 718

• JulyBride4JulyBride4 Posts: 172

SO excited for this and also loving the detail already!! Arghh pics please :-) 

I haven't even seen the pics yet!!! I am writing as fast as I can - in fact my fingers hurt haha!

Loving the report but I need more!! I go on holiday tomorrow!!! 

Oh no Mrs Thomas I fear you may miss it - when are you back? Going anywhere exciting?

Jenni8 wrote (see post):

Oh no Mrs Thomas I fear you may miss it - when are you back? Going anywhere exciting?

Trip to Weston Super Mare with my girls. Promised youngest daughter a ride on a donkey. Leaving at 7pm tomorrow. I'm lucky, my parents and grandparents own the static caravan so I can use it whenever I want. I will be logging on at every opportunity to catch up! 

• Lexi90Lexi90 Posts: 971

As soon as i got home I had to find this! So excited to hear more. I also went to uni in Cardiff (Boring fact there.) 

I am so thrilled to hear everything went well on the day and just cannot wait for more and the photos!! 😀

• Mrs17Mrs17 Posts: 775

Come onnnnn Jenni 

I've been trying to hold off commenting until there's more to comment on, but stop toying with us! Give us all the juicy detail! We were so patient, allowing you to go off galavanting on honeymoon for months 

• Oooh too excited for this Jenni!! 

Wibble2017 wrote (see post):

Come onnnnn Jenni 

I've been trying to hold off commenting until there's more to comment on, but stop toying with us! Give us all the juicy detail! We were so patient, allowing you to go off galavanting on honeymoon for months 

Hehehe!

You'll all be pleased to hear that I was far too stiff with DOMS after my BMF class on Monday (that's what you get for going off gallivanting for months ) that I couldn't go tonight so we brought out photo viewing session forward to this evening. Now that is done, I can start sorting them ready for the report. I couldn't believe it, there are 1,116!!! So it might take a while to pick the best ones for you, because you only deserve the best haha

1,116!!! Wow!!!

• Lexi90Lexi90 Posts: 971

Actually I think you will find we deserve all 1,116! 😂 

I'm not sure anyone else other than the bride and groom would be able to stand looking through that many pics... it took us 4 hours, and we weren't taking our time haha!

• MoggleMoggle Posts: 556

Yaaay so excited to read more jenni!

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,298

Hahaha we had 936... and my husband keeps asking if there is 'more we can buy'. Um no, I'm assuming they gave us all the good ones, and how many more do you need?!

Evie sounds so cute, that is my fave baby girls name haha!

Evie is a lovely name. I nearly had an Evie or Eva nut I chose Ava instead. When I picked the name no one had it, it was something like number 400 in the list of girls names. 12 years later and it's in the top 20. I blame Mylene Klass, she named her daughter Ava a year or 2 later. 

Jenni we need more!!!! I go on holiday in 10 hours and I need photos! 

• We stayed in the Burley Manor Hotel a few years ago on a holiday to the New Forest! What a fantastic wedding location  Looking forward to seeing photos! 

• MrsMannMrsMann Posts: 757 New bride

Eeeeeek I am so excited for this report and of course the photos!!