Invitations

So i'm thinkng of DIY'ing my invitations to save some money. I am pretty crafty when i put my mind to it, but i'm not going to get ahead of myself. I can design and print the inserts myself, and have all i need to do that, so i just need the actual cards and envelopes. I want grey pocketfolds with grey envelopes, but i need quite a lot so i need them for less than £1 each. Is this possible? Do any of you crafty DIY brides know of an unspoken underground website that you keep quiet to keep out the uncommitted part timers like myself? 

• I have seen some on ebay, just done a quick search with the words 'grey pocketfold' and the first one popped up shows £45.00 for a pack of 50. Free postage and packaging too 

Hope that helps :) 

• Susan103Susan103 Posts: 52

We made the pocketfolds ourselves, I found some A3 card which was 83p a sheet and I got 2 invites from this.

I then added some gold glitter card to the inside and then my ivory invitation - everyone thought they had been made professionally so I was well chuffed! Saved us a fortune!

• Susan103 wrote (see post):

We made the pocketfolds ourselves, I found some A3 card which was 83p a sheet and I got 2 invites from this.

I then added some gold glitter card to the inside and then my ivory invitation - everyone thought they had been made professionally so I was well chuffed! Saved us a fortune!

How did you make them? Did you have to make many? How long did it take? Do you have any pics? 

Thats all my questions for now! 

• wed172Bwed172B Posts: 1,258

Try PDA cards and crafts I got our pocketfuls etc from there great price and good quality!

• https://www.pocketfoldinvites.co.uk

I used this website for invites and envelopes. Designed the inside of them myself and stuck it all together.

• I used pocketfoldinvites.co.uk 

Highly recommend them. Excellent customer service! This is a photo of my invites I made with their pocket folds image

How did you make the pocketfolds Susan? Is there a template at all online that you have came across? Thanks 

I would also love to know how you did these! Have you got a picture? X

• Ali's goneAli's gone Posts: 544

Vistaprint have an offer on at the moment.....  I've just ordered 40 wedding & 30 evening invites (printing our own design) for just under £45

We did look at PDA etc to get the bits to make our own from scratch, but it was going to work out much more expensive and time-consuming