July 2018 Festival wedding small budget

Thought id give one of these a go might also help me to keep things in one place! :)

Bit of Background - Me and Mr O have been together roughly 4.5 years, engaged since last year and the wedding is booked for 27-7-2018

We are not going for much in the way of a traditional wedding we will be doing the necessities at the Registry office ( Had a meeting there on Tuesday this week and we realised we are 8 people over our max limit oops!)

Followed by a Festival style party in a field - most of this will be done DIY! Wish me luck! We are also both into cars - partly how we met - mainly old Volkswagens so these will be incorporated here and there :) He was also good friends with my older brother so had known him in passing for a while it was only many years later our love of VW's brought us together!

Done so far:

We have put together a 1st draft guest list and sent out our homemade 'Save the Date' magnets to our guests we are inviting to the ceremony as well as the reception.

These are our Save the dates the picture doesn't show it very clearly. They are all 3D printed with magnets sunk into the back - perfect for the fridge!

I have a Man of honour or Bridesman whichever ya like really - still trying to think of roles for him on the day if anybody has any suggestions!? Alongside him i will have 3 Bridesmaids 1 Adult 1 Teenager and one child! My Adult bridesmaid will also be taking photos along with OH's Uncle and the other 2 are my god daughters. 

Im loving the fact that we aren't paying for a photographer but also that we will have 2 very different styles and points of view. The Uncle is a keen photographer and has done both OH's sisters wedding as well as 2 of his brothers (the ones i know of) and my Bridesmaid has done several weddings has more lined up and will be using mine for her portfolio as this is something she really wants to pursue. 

He has asked his Best man who was thrilled but also terrified at the prospect of doing a speech in front of 150 people, so we have now agreed he will pre-record his speech to be played thru the bands PA system :)

Ive found my dress and have just set the target of losing 2 stone before the end of January when i go for my first measurements, in 2016 i lost 6.5 stone in less than a year so although its a challenge i know i can do it if i put my mind to it! My Dress will be tea length - we will be in a field after all! and is all custom made I'm looking forward to wearing it! i have yet to decide on hair/veil/shoes/ make up

My Bridesmaids will be in Navy - we will be high street shopping for these after Christmas.

• Vicky105Vicky105 Posts: 140

Reception:

We have a huge field booked that is split  in 2 part way by a hedge at the sumly cost of £200 for 3 days use i was over the moon!

The plan is to have some Marquees set up which we are renting from someone i know but hopefully not needing to use them much! Id really like to be outside!!

We have a local brewery coming and setting up a bar with kegs of beer and we will be making some bars out of pallets and a drink trolley (which i got for free from a local for sale site) to house cocktails, wines spirits etc - We are having an open bar and have already started buying spirits and soft drinks when we find them on offer. we will be spending around £350 in total

I have some Straw bales on order which will be seating and am already in the process of collecting sheets, blankets and cushions to go on them. The girl i am renting the marquees from lives on a farm and has lots of useful items like log seating potato crates (tables) and other item I'm going to view after christmas as her sister is using them for her wedding soon that i can use free of charge!

We have a Hog Roast/BBQ booked for the reception and as we aren't getting married until 4pm won't need much food later on as the main meal will be quite late.

We have a band booked they will play our selection of music throughout the night when they aren't playing thru their PA system - will be playing live sets for a total of 3 hours total of £800. My Bridesman is also providing a HGV trailer for them to use as a stage!

I am already collecting items for decorations vases/jars/tealight holders light up signs me and my bridesmaid will be making pallet signs and other bits. 

Wedding car - OH and best man will be arriving in his retro VW, My Bridesman will be driving my Bridesmaids in my Retro VW and i will be arriving in a friends Very retro VW which he is trailering up to N Yorks from Birmingham all for free!

The items i have yet to arrange and am struggling with are Cake and flowers! i know what i want its just finding someone local in budget to do it haha!

• MissSMissS Posts: 265

Sounds great!! Can a friend make the cake?

• Definitely going to follow your thread, your plans sound awesome!

MissS wrote (see post):

Sounds great!! Can a friend make the cake?
    Unfortunately because we will be at the field putting everything in place on the Thursday and Friday morning - i don't think anyone will have time  OH is trying to get hold of his Nana to ask her she used to run a cafe and is capable we don't want fruit cake though only sponge so would need making near to the day. i know exactly what i want too lol plain iced with one tier iced to look like the front of a camper! quotes I've had have been around £500 which is just too much! I've come up with an alternative of getting a smaller cake and buying  maybe 5 different cutting bars from M&S - this will mean we can have a whole variety of flavours and therefore will serve as a desert bar too meaning we don't need to buy anything else for this!
    http://www.marksandspencer.com/l/food-to-order/wedding-cakes/wedding-cakes
    Im all for saving money and the day will all be about what we like haha
    weatherwaxe wrote (see post):

Definitely going to follow your thread, your plans sound awesome!

Thankyou! i have more pictures but we are in the middle of decorating so cant get to things to take pics of them! will do it when i can!

• Elz2017Elz2017 Posts: 316

Liking the sound of this, fab idea! Following, look forward to more. :-)

Nanna to the rescue! OH's Nanna has agreed to make the cake :) We just have to discuss details with her when she's down from where she lives at Christmas! result!

I want similar to this but no flower and navy themed :) 

• MrsS85MrsS85 Posts: 688 New bride

Your plans sound great fun and it sounds like you are making great progress sorting everything out. Good luck with it all.

• redhair82redhair82 Posts: 289
    Can i ask where you got your band from so cheap?! I am horrified at the quotes we have had!
    Vicky105 wrote (see post):

Reception:

We have a huge field booked that is split  in 2 part way by a hedge at the sumly cost of £200 for 3 days use i was over the moon!

The plan is to have some Marquees set up which we are renting from someone i know but hopefully not needing to use them much! Id really like to be outside!!

We have a local brewery coming and setting up a bar with kegs of beer and we will be making some bars out of pallets and a drink trolley (which i got for free from a local for sale site) to house cocktails, wines spirits etc - We are having an open bar and have already started buying spirits and soft drinks when we find them on offer. we will be spending around £350 in total

I have some Straw bales on order which will be seating and am already in the process of collecting sheets, blankets and cushions to go on them. The girl i am renting the marquees from lives on a farm and has lots of useful items like log seating potato crates (tables) and other item I'm going to view after christmas as her sister is using them for her wedding soon that i can use free of charge!

We have a Hog Roast/BBQ booked for the reception and as we aren't getting married until 4pm won't need much food later on as the main meal will be quite late.

We have a band booked they will play our selection of music throughout the night when they aren't playing thru their PA system - will be playing live sets for a total of 3 hours total of £800. My Bridesman is also providing a HGV trailer for them to use as a stage!

I am already collecting items for decorations vases/jars/tealight holders light up signs me and my bridesmaid will be making pallet signs and other bits. 

We help organise an event at Harewood House in Leeds every August and the same band played with us there for the first time last year they really want to come back so did me a bit of a deal on the wedding. but they would have only been £1000 anyway - They are local to me in Scarborough N Yorks not sure what they do travel wise for weddings but happy to pass you their info if you like :)

Todays purchase 110 sparklers setting me back £18 managed to wrangle some discount there as they should have been £2 each! 

And if anybody is needing some this Prosecco is a good buy! We will be using it for one of our welcome drinks options. Should be £12 a bottle but currently has £3 off making them £9 a bottle and if you buy 6 you get an extra 25% off making the only £6.75 a bottle! I personally love the bottles too and thing they look quite posh but I'm not a wine drinker lol

• Love the sound of your wedding! Can't wait to read more 

• Hi - where is the prosecco from, please??? We are supplying our own prosecco for the post ceremony drinks.  Thanks!

Oh sorry thought id said haha its from Tesco! They do slightly cheaper ones that are also 6 bottles - 25% off but with these been £12 originally it makes them nearly half price with the extra deal :)
    MissDukes wrote (see post):

Hi - where is the prosecco from, please??? We are supplying our own prosecco for the post ceremony drinks.  Thanks!

When you spill an entire cup of tea not only over your wedding notebook but my pretty official wedding planner too both ruined *cue tears*

• Hi

Where is the field venue, I am quite curious about this - sounds amazing!

Backpacker wrote (see post):

Hi

Where is the field venue, I am quite curious about this - sounds amazing!

Just a field local to me it runs off a main road and backs onto a quiet village - its basically just a farmers field

Can not wait to arrive in this my beautiful wedding car!

• Your wedding sounds amazing! I love the save the dates, can't believe you made them yourselves! It'll be so nice to see everything come together with everyone's handiwork :) maybe you could also do the whole "disposable cameras on every table" thing so that you can get even more perspectives in your photos :) 

Got bored made the lettering on one of the signs i bought other weekend haha decided i want at least 2 more of these. think they will look really effective outside when we are losing daylight!

Also picked up some blankets in ikea - will be putting these in a basket with a sign - for of ppl get chilly on the evening

And picked this up for £3!! the material is Velcroed  so will come off really easy! Im going to repaint the frame then hang Navy and grey ribbon to make a backdrop for a Photo Booth!

Will get some selfie sticks to go with it along with props so people can take their own pictures and will put a sign next to it so people can all use the same tag for social media etc so we have access to them :)

Wow your screen is an absolute steal! and I bet it will look fab as part of a photo booth, Keep up the good work.

Apologies for the picture quality - parents and technology! I picked this drinks trolley up for free from a local for sale site - it was an interesting brown colour - dropped it off with my dad who has stripped it down and painted it for me with some garden paint i already had! So it has cost me the grand total of £0! This we like! 

Will probably hand some bunting along it, and willl put my big glass drinks dispensers or a selection of drinks ware on it :) 

I might rename this bargain basement wedding!

The drinks dispensers we are gonna fill with our signature cocktails :) All picked up reduced in TKMAXX didn't pay more than a tenner for each.

imageimageimage

Our invite designs so far - opinions welcome!

These will be printed on Ivory card and am currently waiting for a cutter to come so i can make the corners rounded

RSVP's

Cant get this pic bigger - The P.S at the bottom simply reads :

PS If you do not reply by 30th April please bring a chair and a sandwich

:P

on the other side of the RSVP

Also printed on Ivory card

Will also be including an A5 sheet on one side will have info for guests and on the reverse of that a map for the reception venue

And am currently looking at the 'poem cards' a polite way of saying give us dosh please as a gift!

they will all be held together with a band of Navy paper and placed in a French dove grey envelope - i don't think they will look too bad for a home made job. Will take some pics of them all together once they are completed. 

I think your Invites look fab - Well done - And I love the note about the sandwich and the chair!

• MrsJamesMrsJames Posts: 405

Your invitations look amazing!

Loving all the bargains. Can't wait to see it all come together. 

Thankyou Ladies! I spent some of last night rounding of the corners on my RSVP's time consuming but worth it i think so may more to do though! lol

HAHA 3! i added another before id even posted it lol i can count!