For sale: Betsey Johnson shoes, tealights, jars, lots more...

Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,202

Hi everyone!

I have finally got round to sorting the stuff out from my July wedding! Keen for quick sale now it is all back in my small flat so priced low for quick sales. Collection is from London TW9 (unless otherwise stated), or I can arrange for the items to be posted (at extra cost). Alternatively, I can arrange for collection from the areas of Southampton or Portsmouth in the new year when we are next in the area, so only if you are in no massive rush. 

Jam Jars used as vases: 8 gold ones left, collected, cleaned and sprayed gold by myself therefore varying shapes but roughly same sizes. Collection only from Kew, London. 

Mini log slices x65 - made by my dad using a fallen tree in our garden (silver birch I think). They are cut at an angle and have a slot sawn in the hold up stationary at the perfect angle. I used them for my placenames, but also for my table menus/guest book, social media and other signs. Being handmade, there are of course minor differences in size and the pattern of the wood - but they looked beautiful and got great reviews. 50p each. 

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,202

Big log slices - again handmade by my dad and again, being handmade, they differ slightly in size/shape/pattern of the wood but nothing terribly noticeable. These were made from a different tree (I will confirm tomorrow when I see my dad) but they have a very slight red tone to them. They have been sanded down and well cared for. They were made about a year ago now so are getting some cracks in them and the outer bark is mostly gone but the layer underneath is beautiful anyway and the cracks add to the rustic-ness of them. When I was looking for these, I just couldn't find any that were of a decent size and they just looked puny, so my dad made them nice and chunky for me. They are about 8 cm tall and 30 cm diameter (+/- 1cm either way for slight impact roundness). Nice and heavy, solid. There are 8 for sale, and I would like £8 each - when I was looking (18 months ago now) I couldn't find these for less then £15-20 each so this is a real bargain. You can see them in most of the above pics as used on ym day, but here are some pics I took of 3 of them yesterday as in their current condition:

Beautiful Betsey Johnson "Tee" heels. I wore them for only about 2 hours on a wooden dancefloor and not worn outside - therefore very minimal wear on the sole as in below pic. US size 7, approx. UK 5. I normally wear a 5.5 and they were slightly tight on me so pretty accurate sizing. I would keep them and wear them forever if they weren't too tight, as they are the most gorgeous shoes! So I would say they would be perfect on a true size 5 - my feet are just a little big for most 5's. The heel is approx. 4 inches. Bought online for £70, currently available on Amazon for £64 + £7 postage. I cant find them any cheaper than that elsewhere so a bit of a bargain at £40. Sold in original Betsey Johnson box (which is lovely in itself!).

image (on the wedding day)

image (today, post wedding)

image (today, post wedding)

image (today, post wedding)

2 gold napkins with napkin rings: placed at the bride and groom place settings but we never got around to using them. They are 47x34cm. In a very light gold sparkley material. £2 for both.

Gold table runner: sparkley but not sequin 200cm long. Seen here under my guest books. Same material as the napkins. £2

Gold tray - 41cm x 19cm. Useful for keeping stuff tidy at the wedding, I used it to keep the pens, fingerprint tree ink and cleaning wipes on. £2

Mini woodland animals spray painted in champagne gold x11. 6 are larger in size at approx. 6 cm tall (2 donkies, a pig, a cow and 2 goats). 5 are smaller in size at 3cm tall (2 cows, a horse, a pig and a chicken). I used these amoungst my table centre pieces for my woodland themed wedding. £5

Umbrellas - always good to have for that just in case! Thankfully not needed on my day so remain unused. 8 are clear, and 3 white. £3 each.

Lastly - glowsticks!!! a pack of 100 and I believe they have connectors so they can be put together into necklaces/halos etc. Bought in June for my wedding and absolutely gutted we completely forgot to open them so they are sealed! £8.

• QueenDQueenD Posts: 325 New bride

Hi Jenni8, I'm interested in a few of your items, and can collect from London, will PM you with the list. 

Love your shoes by the way, I bought some Betsey Johnson shoes too for my big day - were they comfortable for the whole day & dancing etc?

QueenD wrote (see post):

Hi Jenni8, Im interested in a few of your items, and can collect from London, will PM you with the list x

OK my lovely, I will look out for it x

QueenD wrote (see post):

Love your shoes by the way, I bought some Betsey Johnson shoes too for my big day - were they comfortable for the whole day & dancing etc?

I only wore them for 2 hours during the reception before giving up and going shoeless! But that was because they didn't fit me, as opposed to them being uncomfortable so my fault completely!  

• QueenDQueenD Posts: 325 New bride

Oh OK fair enough, I am also planning on changing to flat shoes for the dancing to be honest, but need to make sure I try my dress with and without heels... 

Anyway let me stop distracting you from the sale post 

• Kelly224Kelly224 Posts: 960 New bride

Hi Jenni

Do you have pics of the wicker hearts and ivory petals?

• SadieeeSadieee Posts: 1,775 New bride

Argh those are the shoes I have been eyeing up! I am a usually a 4.5 (wear a 4 on some, wear a 5 on others, love it when I find 4.5's haha), so do you think these would be ok? I'll keep following as not pay day till next week but if still available I may just have to get them!

Sold

Sadieee wrote (see post):

Argh those are the shoes I have been eyeing up! I am a usually a 4.5 (wear a 4 on some, wear a 5 on others, love it when I find 4.5's haha), so do you think these would be ok? I'll keep following as not pay day till next week but if still available I may just have to get them!

Tbh yes I do think the chances that they will fit you are good! I'm happy for you to come and try them on no obligation? Funnily enough I am exactly the same, 5 in some, 6 in others. For this brand I would go the upper size (should have got a 6!)

• MrsHowgateMrsHowgate Posts: 1,155 New bride

Could I have 10 of the large gold and 10 of the small gold jars? Going to use them on my cake table. Could I also have first refusal on the sequin table cloth? Any chance you have a close up of the colour?

• SadieeeSadieee Posts: 1,775 New bride
    Jenni8 wrote (see post):

Tbh yes I do think the chances that they will fit you are good! I'm happy for you to come and try them on no obligation? Funnily enough I am exactly the same, 5 in some, 6 in others. For this brand I would go the upper size (should have got a 6!)

I had read reviews that said they could be a bit narrow so was thinking I might need the 5 as well. Live no where near so can't try on but I'd be happy to take the small risk anyway if they can be posted

Thanks Jenni, would you post the petals and hearts? Or whereabouts in Portsmouth is collection? Are you planning on selling the bigger hearts at all? Thanks Kelly 

• Vicky105Vicky105 Posts: 140

Be interested to know what garden games you have Hun :) thanks 

MrsHowgate2B wrote (see post):

Could I have 10 of the large gold and 10 of the small gold jars? Going to use them on my cake table. Could I also have first refusal on the sequin table cloth? Any chance you have a close up of the colour?

Someone else has enquired about all those things but I'll let you know if that doesn't go through. 

I had read reviews that said they could be a bit narrow so was thinking I might need the 5 as well. Live no where near so can't try on but I'd be happy to take the small risk anyway if they can be posted

OK lovely. Well send me a PM if you want them - I just did an estimate of the postage and it was £4 for Royal Mail 2nd class signed for. 

Kelly224 wrote (see post):

Thanks Jenni, would you post the petals and hearts? Or whereabouts in Portsmouth is collection? Are you planning on selling the bigger hearts at all? Thanks Kelly 

Of course  I will work out postage for you tomorrow, but I should think it will around £3-4. Collection could be from Portchester anytime after 6th Jan as that is when I am down next and can bring them with me. The bigger hearts have sold already sorry sweet.

Vicky105 wrote (see post):

Be interested to know what garden games you have Hun :) thanks 

Quoits and Croquet. Will post pics when I can. Would like £3 for Quoits and £10 for Croquet. Will let you know condition but they were new for the wedding so I hope they're in good used condition. Not sure re. postage as the box for croquet is a little larger - do TW9, Portsmouth or Southampton work for you for collection? 

Jenni8 wrote (see post):
    Kelly224 wrote (see post):

Of course  I will work out postage for you tomorrow, but I should think it will around £3-4. Collection could be from Portchester anytime after 6th Jan as that is when I am down next and can bring them with me. The bigger hearts have sold already sorry sweet.

ah fab if you are able to post them that would be great as Porchester is a bit far for me thanks Hun! 

• Hi,

We are a new marketplace designed to hopefully allow people to sell their preloved wedding items so would be delighted if you joined us as a seller! Do consider signing up to our marketplace where you can sell these items to people based in the UK. Signing up and getting started with selling is completely free!

Please visit wedivents.arcadier.io or contact me on twitter or instagram @wedivents if you have any questions !

Updated!!

• Becky94Becky94 Posts: 1

Hi - what items are still for sale? Can you pm me as I'm interested in quite a few

All items still for sale except the tealights, gold sequin tablecloth and the easels. I'm just heading off on holiday though so won't be able to answer any interest enquiries until I return on the 20th. 

Updated! 

Bump

• Hi, is the gold tablecloth & napkins still available?

Nikki x

PM'd you Nikki. 

Updated - everything listed still available. Open to offers. 

Updated again in the hope someone can make use of some of this lovely stuff! Everything still listed is still available 

• August19August19 Posts: 285 New bride

Hi please can I have the petals and the wicker hearts x