2019 ladies, when are you going to start dress shopping?

i am thinking maybe around mid 2018, if the dress shopping bug doesnt bite sooner. when are you going to start  dress shopping?

• MrsGtoBMrsGtoB Posts: 606 New bride

I’ve been to two shops already but I am January 2019. I’ve got too more booked for this January. 

What date do you get married?

• I get married July 19 planning to start looking about a year before so in the summer 

• MrsGtoB wrote (see post):

I’ve been to two shops already but I am January 2019. I’ve got too more booked for this January. 

What date do you get married?

31 August 2019, you are 2 weeks away from your 1 year mark 😱 time will start flying by 

• MrsGtoBMrsGtoB Posts: 606 New bride
    Fumati1214 wrote (see post):

31 August 2019, you are 2 weeks away from your 1 year mark 😱 time will start flying by 

I‘m in denial over Christmas so can’t believe it will be 1 year off. I keep dreaming I can’t find a dress and they all look awful 😬

• Our blessing is in May of 2019.  I'm cruising the internet and magazines for ideas now, but definitely won't be looking seriously until summer.  I'm not a first time bride and I don't want a lace fish tail or a big princess dress or anything white even, as they wouldn't work for the occasion.  I'm thinking going the custom route will be the way forward.

• I’m April 2019 and thinking of starting to look April next year as long as I’m at my goal weight.

• MrsS2019MrsS2019 Posts: 128 New bride

I’m an April 2019 bride and I’ve found and paid the deposit for my dress. I know it’s a long time still however I am so fussy that I thought it would take me ages. I’ve got no regrets or worries as I keep looking at dresses and thinking ‘it’s nice but it doesn’t have this which my dress does’. Start shopping when you feel ready and you’ll find the dress. I didn’t instantly love mine nor did I have the ‘bridal moment’ however I loved it as soon as they showed me a couple of alterations that could be done to personalise it. Now I’m just excited to get all the accessories I want to match. 

• Cazz13Cazz13 Posts: 63

I'm September2019 and I just went to the first shop to see what style suited me. I was told at the store that from when you find a dress you love you should allow 8 months for ordering and alterations. I'm going to allow myself a bit more time in case I decide to go to a dress maker :)

• I'm getting married in February 2019 and I think I'll start to look next February/March. I'd like to lose a stone (or two) before I look though, so it may well be a bit later!

• I’ve got mine 

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

A year in advance is plenty enough time to start looking for a dress. You'll see that there are plenty of threads on here from brides who have bought dresses too early and then changed their mind. 

• I am getting married in April 2019 and have been to 2 shops already and starting to look again properly in Jan :)

• I'm May 2019, probably going to start looking April/ May time (I've been eating anything and everything since we got engaged so need a few months to get back to my usual size!) 

Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.

My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • Ambam19Ambam19 Posts: 562 New bride

I'm June 2019 and going to go in Feb but prob won't buy until June/July x

• Jools7Jools7 Posts: 15

my wedding is in August 2019 and I fell in love with an Ian Stuart dress, and bought it !! 

If I didn’t buy it I know I will regret it

I love my dress, and there is no best time to buy it , just when your ready

xx

• We don't have an exact date but July/August 2019, and I'm going dress shopping for the first time in 3 weeks! I just can't help myself I'm a total wedding addict and I was in one long term serious relationship before my current partner that I thought would result in marriage and it didn't so then I started all over again with my current partner and I've just been waiting for this for so long and I'm so excited that I just want to do it now!! I'm obviously not going to buy one yet - I'm aiming to buy no later than September to allow for alterations. I just don't have 1 style in mind, there are like 6 completely different styles that I have in mind and want to try on. So I want to see which one is best for me and then explore more similar dresses... I'm very thorough haha

• Cat93Cat93 Posts: 109 New bride

We are October 2019...I think I will start looking perhaps around April/May time to start getting some ideas of what I like and what suits. We are hoping to spend some time in London and maybe fly to Barcelona to look at some designers so all these things will take time & planning! 

Ultimately I think I will end up having my dress hand made and I definitely like to get this started at least a year in advance just so we have plenty of time to make sure it is just right!!!! 

I am going to use every excuse to go shopping!!!!!! 

• I am August 2019 and going to start shopping probably June / July 2018 - I want to lose at least a stone before starting shopping! X

• Ordered my dress in October, and I won't be able to collect it until the end of August. Then I'll need at least two fittings (taken up and pockets added). I didn't expect such a huge wait,  but it will depend on the dress shop/designer. The minimum time was 3 months order time in some shops, so just be aware when you're looking what the shop can do. I'm getting married in October 2018, so glad I didn't leave it any later. I knew what I wanted though, pintrest should be every girls friend for dress shopping! 

• Cazz13Cazz13 Posts: 63

I went to the second bridal store end of December and said yes to the dress :) 

Getting married September 2019. Getting my measurements taken in May/June and was told that the dress should arrive in January 2019. Then I will start with the alterations, etc.

• Fumati1214Fumati1214 Posts: 47
    Caroline165 wrote (see post):

I went to the second bridal store end of December and said yes to the dress :) 

Getting married September 2019. Getting my measurements taken in May/June and was told that the dress should arrive in January 2019. Then I will start with the alterations, etc.

Nice, congrats