โ€บ

Diet denial... hold me accountable!

So I got engaged at the end of October 2017 in Cuba. Since that point we have been celebrating and had Christmas, so when I finally got on the scales this morning I was shocked (but not overly surprised) to see that I have put on two stone in the space of two months! 

I'm a fairly active person and usually gym 3 times per week, and I have a 1 hour PT session weekly. I have not kept this up since pre-holiday so need to get back into the swing of things. 

I've also opened MyFitnessPal again to start tracking my food, which I had completely slacked off of. 

I am off to Morocco in March with one of my BMs and would love to lose a stone and a half before then. 

This thread is more for keeping me accountable than anything else.. if i'm feeling brave it may even feature some progress photos. 

So here goes. I'm 5"11 (ish), currently struggling to fit into my size 12 dresses, and weigh 14 stone 3.75 .. 

Wish me luck! 

Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.

My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
ยซ13456710

• I had a break from the gym over my bithday (a week before Christmas) to just after New Years. I thought I’d have put on weight but surprisingly lost 0.6 of a pound! ๐Ÿ˜‚ it’s not a lot but I’ll take it over gaining weight! Got back into my classes yesterday with legs, bums and tums and I’m feeling it today! 

Good luck with it - let us know how you get on ๐Ÿ˜Š

• GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 932 New bride

Thanks guys!! 

Oh how I wish that had been me Nottinghamshire... I'm mortified!!  Am heading to bootcamp tonight though. I'm getting married in Leicestershire so you'll have to let me know of any tips for suppliers. 

xx

• GinAndBling wrote (see post):

Thanks guys!! 

Oh how I wish that had been me Nottinghamshire... I'm mortified!!  Am heading to bootcamp tonight though. I'm getting married in Leicestershire so you'll have to let me know of any tips for suppliers. 

xx

I honestly didn’t think that’d be the case for me (I was dreading that I’d put on half a stone)! But I think it’s because I‘ve not been at work and therefore haven’t been snacking all day on whatever biscuits, cakes or chocolates are in staff room! ๐Ÿ˜‚ When I go back, I’m going to need to have more self control, I think! 

And yes, of course, if you do need anything let me know! I’m pretty new to the whole planning thing myself, but I’m more than happy to help! 

๐Ÿ˜Š xx

Thanks Notts. 

Currently sat here with my protein shake, black coffee and pineapple chunks after an hours PT session first thing! I just need to keep the image of a beautiful mermaid dress in my mind to keep me going! 

• Kelly224Kelly224 Posts: 960 New bride

Well done!  I went back to Slimming World last and have put on 4.5lbs in 4 weeks - not as bad as I thought it would be!

Got to get serious with it now though - want to lose 2 stone before the wedding and I've got 11 months to do it in, which is plenty of time but I'll know i'll have blips so I think i'll need that time!

• Gin and Bling, you seem very committed so I’m sure that you’ll get there! 

I need to get my motivation back! Not been to gym even a 1/4 of what I usually do. But I think when I start back at work on Monday that will help, as I’ll be back in a set routine... Here‘s hoping anyway!

Yes, I keep trying to tell myself its just a habit so once I get back into it it will be easy.. hmm... 

First weigh in and I’ve lost 3lbs this week, which includes an accidental drunken night out on Friday culminating in chicken nuggets and chips.. I’ll take that. 

• EllisKEllisK Posts: 4

Hey Gin and Bling

Not sure if you are still using this thread but if you are I'd be interested in keeping accountable with you! I'm getting married May next year and want to lose a couple of stone by then, spent the last however long being completely incapable of controlling myself at the weekends!

I'm also 5ft 11 (if you're after flat wedding shoes I have just bought the most gorgeous pair of Kate Spade sparkly keds, tall girl problems!)

• AwhelenqtAwhelenqt Posts: 778 New bride

I need to drop 2 dress sizes before the wedding August 2019. Sounds easy but not when you have a baby and are trapped in the house! I have no one to take him during the days, I'm exhausted by the time my partner gets home and we're always busy on weekends! Ahhhh! Before I got pregnant I was a sexy toned size 8 despite not working out a day of my life - I went wedding  dress shopping at the weekend and a 14 wouldn't even go over my fat ass! ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ I have no idea where to start with exercise but my food needs to change dramatically! No snacking and no fast food!

EllisK wrote (see post):

Hey Gin and Bling

Not sure if you are still using this thread but if you are I'd be interested in keeping accountable with you! I'm getting married May next year and want to lose a couple of stone by then, spent the last however long being completely incapable of controlling myself at the weekends!

I'm also 5ft 11 (if you're after flat wedding shoes I have just bought the most gorgeous pair of Kate Spade sparkly keds, tall girl problems!)

Ellis- still very much using this! Ahhh the Kate Spade shoes sound beautiful.

I am also unable to control myself at weekends... I seem to binge and detroy all my hard work. We can do this together- still bags of time! 

Awhelenqt wrote (see post):

I need to drop 2 dress sizes before the wedding August 2019. Sounds easy but not when you have a baby and are trapped in the house! I have no one to take him during the days, I'm exhausted by the time my partner gets home and we're always busy on weekends! Ahhhh! Before I got pregnant I was a sexy toned size 8 despite not working out a day of my life - I went wedding  dress shopping at the weekend and a 14 wouldn't even go over my fat ass! ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ I have no idea where to start with exercise but my food needs to change dramatically! No snacking and no fast food!

Oh dear! That is loads of time though- we will be fine :) I definitely recommend myfitnesspal for tracking calories etc. It definitely makes me think about what I am eating. 

Okay so I have been away skiing (**falling**) for a week in a catered chalet and have basically survived off of cheese and wine. Stepped on the scales this morning and to my amazement I have lost 5lbs this week!!!! 

It is definitely not a cost efficient diet but I will take that... weight is now 13 stone 9.75 lbs. 

I've booked my first dress shopping in May so I am focusing on that. 

• I'm also in complete diet denial. And have been for some time. I'm intending on doing SW, exercise and 5:2. 

I only want to lose enough fat around the tum area. I've got my dress, ordered in the size I was / am now. So that isn't a worry.

Just hate myself in photos.

So could do with some motivation and people to help :) 

Weight now 11stone
    Aim: 10stone.

Good luck desert-bride! 

In terms of exercise, HIIT style workouts seem to work the best for me, and don't take too long. 

When is your wedding? 

• 22nd of August, but need to be ready to go for the 19 of August. I don't mind HITT. Going to start doing 30Dayshred, SW and 5:2. I'll likely start with SW and exercise, let that get to me for a month and add the 5:2!

• I've been doing F45 if you like your HIIT circuits? Really good. also they have an app with meal plans on you can download which might give you some kitchen inspiration to stay away from the fast food? Its always so hard making a big change, but I think for me my motivation is that feeling of going down the aisle. Do I want to feel self-conscious and wish I had put the biscuits down for a few months, or feel amazing and really enjoy that wedding cake went it gets cut!? Its brutal but its the only way I can keep myself on the straight and narrow, is thinking of that moment right before I walk in front of everyone...

• I'm also 5'11"!! Who knew there were so many of us. Luckily hubs to be is tall! I'm having terrible trouble motivating myself for weight loss, I thought the wedding diet would be easy to stick to but apparently not! I lost about 2st two years ago for a family holiday and found that i had so much more focus then for some reason. Got at least 3.5st to lose this time, wedding in June 2019. Sounds like loads of time but I just can't stay motivated!

• ProfoundlyPuzzling wrote (see post):

I'm also 5'11"!! Who knew there were so many of us. Luckily hubs to be is tall! I'm having terrible trouble motivating myself for weight loss, I thought the wedding diet would be easy to stick to but apparently not! I lost about 2st two years ago for a family holiday and found that i had so much more focus then for some reason. Got at least 3.5st to lose this time, wedding in June 2019. Sounds like loads of time but I just can't stay motivated!

F is luckily 6"7 which is handy! 

Oh tell me about it. I have no idea why I am so unmotivated. The exercise I am fine with, it is the eating at the moment.. We are 25 May 2019 so similar time to you. We can do it together! 

• Gin and bling, where did you go skiing, I just came back from snowboarding which also means falling haha. 

I have been doing sw for over 1 year now and lost 3 stone, I hit the 3 stone in September and have more to loose but from September there is birthdays and holidays. And injury from snowboarding.  I do however feel your pain with bread and cheese, had it every day for lunch, and I was sick of it after. 

I get married in June 2018 so not long to go now but need to lose around another stone.

To whoever is thinking of joining sw, do it! I wasn't convinced when I started but it has worked out well for me and I am a convert haha. 

• Angelamay87 wrote (see post):

Gin and bling, where did you go skiing, I just came back from snowboarding which also means falling haha. 

I have been doing sw for over 1 year now and lost 3 stone, I hit the 3 stone in September and have more to loose but from September there is birthdays and holidays. And injury from snowboarding.  I do however feel your pain with bread and cheese, had it every day for lunch, and I was sick of it after. 

I get married in June 2018 so not long to go now but need to lose around another stone.

To whoever is thinking of joining sw, do it! I wasn't convinced when I started but it has worked out well for me and I am a convert haha. 

I went to Val Thorens, how about you? 

I’ve heard great things about slimming world! do you go to a group? 

• Gin and bling we went to Isola 2000, never been before so a total beginner, was more nervous being a passenger in the car going up the mountain roads haha

I go to  every group, mine are extremely supportive of each others goals. It's done wonders for my confidence too

I am actually scared to think whether I would have lost all this weight without slimming world

• I'm really struggling for motivation at the moment.. the wedding feels like an age away. Its not even like I'm aiming to loose a ridiculous amount, just the 2 stone I've put on since October! Need a kick up the arse..

After being a grumpy mare last week, I've just been weighed at the Drs and am now 13 stone 5.5lbs, so a loss 12.2lbs so far. 

I've given up bread and other wheat products for lent, and am cutting down on refined sugar. 

I'm off to Marrakesh next week with a friend however so I think that resolve will be broken then! 

• britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,453 New bride
    GinAndBling wrote (see post):

After being a grumpy mare last week, I've just been weighed at the Drs and am now 13 stone 5.5lbs, so a loss 12.2lbs so far. 

I've given up bread and other wheat products for lent, and am cutting down on refined sugar. 

I'm off to Marrakesh next week with a friend however so I think that resolve will be broken then! 

I am off to Marrakesh tomorrow! Yay on the weight loss though, that is brilliant

britbird wrote (see post):
    GinAndBling wrote (see post):

I am off to Marrakesh tomorrow! Yay on the weight loss though, that is brilliant

Thank you :) oh amazing, you'll have to send me some tips! Have a great time, I can't wait to get away from this weather..

• britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,453 New bride

Me too!  If I get out that is! We are staying just outside Marrakesh, but I have been there before.  It is so much fun.  My top tips are haggle loads, and get lost in the souks.  I must admit, on restaurants, it is a long time since I have been so I am not sure on the best ones- I just tend to use TimeOut and find out the best options at the time.  We are planning on chilling loads this time- and getting a nice tan

• MrsThimboMrsThimbo Posts: 222

Gin and bling! I have just read your planning thread and now stalking you more on here... Looking forward to hearing which venue you pick and watching your wedding progress. Blush & navy are gorgeous colours and I presume you're having gold hints from the Save the Dates? Which look amazing!

Anyway... I digress. Weight loss. I'm not huge. Around a 10/12. I'm around 5ft8/9 so carry it ok, but with weddings come ALOT of shopping and lunch, meetings with coffee and cake, treats, alcohol, more cake... I got weighed this morning and am tipping the scales at 11st 5lbs. Shit. My Wedding Day goal weight is 10st. Achievable? Did I mention my wedding is in 11wks on Thursday. My dress is hanging at my Mums and I am pretty certain if I went there now to try it on then it would not fit... 

MrsT2Be wrote (see post):

Gin and bling! I have just read your planning thread and now stalking you more on here... Looking forward to hearing which venue you pick and watching your wedding progress. Blush & navy are gorgeous colours and I presume you're having gold hints from the Save the Dates? Which look amazing!

Anyway... I digress. Weight loss. I'm not huge. Around a 10/12. I'm around 5ft8/9 so carry it ok, but with weddings come ALOT of shopping and lunch, meetings with coffee and cake, treats, alcohol, more cake... I got weighed this morning and am tipping the scales at 11st 5lbs. Shit. My Wedding Day goal weight is 10st. Achievable? Did I mention my wedding is in 11wks on Thursday. My dress is hanging at my Mums and I am pretty certain if I went there now to try it on then it would not fit... 

Hi MrsT!

Yes, that's the plan, navy, blush and gold.. although that may inevitably change. 

It's doable. It will be tough but doable. I'd recommend taking measurements and do plenty of HIIT workouts.

You're similar to me, I'm 5"11 and a size 12, mostly, so don't really notice if the weight creeps on. And yes, so many celebrations! 

I've just read through your planning thread, too. Meg is adorable! I'm going to go and comment on there, so many similarities to our day! 

• MrsThimboMrsThimbo Posts: 222

GinAndBling... I agree! Lots of similarities, great minds and all that! Going spinning tonighf. I dont want to go. I want to stay at home. Had a long, busy day at work, want to get home & trawl this forum, pinrerest & ebay. BUT, I will drag my fat ass there because WE CAN DO THIS!! 

18lbs to go! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿผ

• So I’m a June 2019 bride, 5ft 6.5 (the half is a big deal) currently 11st5, very ample on the booty area.... I’m a dance teacher so I’m pretty sure a lot of that is muscle as my body fat % is quite low.

anyway I still would prefer to be sitting in the lower 10st bracket, maybe even the 9st..... wishful thinking, but I’m desperate to tone up 

I’ve just had my implant removed and I’m hoping I drop a few pounds with that like I did the last time..... we shall see

GinandBling, big well done on the loss so far 

ยซ13456710