Please show your wedding dress

Please show the dress you wore, the dress you will wear or the dress you see yourself wearing. For inspiration to some of us yet to go dress shopping :)

• I love the idea of dresses with a cape but not sure if it will suit me, I will have to see once I start dress shopping..though I haven't seen a store with dresses with a cape

Something like this:

• KelllieKelllie Posts: 77 New bride

imagewe are having a beach wedding i just went for something really simple and because im short the dipped hem worked really well. 6 months to the big day can't wait!!

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

I bought a dress and had a cloak made, it wasn’t my plan originally but I didn’t like any veils I saw.

imageimage

don’t have any really clear pictures of it yet but these give an idea. The cloak was royal length.

• AwhelenqtAwhelenqt Posts: 778 New bride

Whoooa those dresses are STUNNING!!

• ShitGotRealShitGotReal Posts: 435 New bride

I'll be wearing this. It's not been fitted yet...

image image

• Sarah1609Sarah1609 Posts: 80
    ShitGotReal wrote (see post):

image image

That a atunning dress!!

• Sarah1609Sarah1609 Posts: 80
    Kelllie wrote (see post):

imagewe are having a beach wedding i just went for something really simple and because im short the dipped hem worked really well. 6 months to the big day can't wait!!

Can i ask where that dress is from or by who?

• ShitGotRealShitGotReal Posts: 435 New bride
    Sarah1609 wrote (see post):

That a atunning dress!!

Thankyou! It reminds me of a doily! 😂

• Kelly224Kelly224 Posts: 960 New bride

This mine, completely different from what I thought I would go for!!

imageimage

•  

Here’s mine

It needs to be altered as it’s a little big on the top and wayyy too long. 

This is the sample in the shop and two sizes too big, so can't wait to get mine! 

• gill17gill17 Posts: 568 New bride

• Tanya128Tanya128 Posts: 1,993

This was or rather still is mine (it’s been hanging behind the bedroom door since our wedding day!)

Satin ballgown with a lace jacket And it had pockets!

• HelenNHelenN Posts: 123 New bride

Only got a photo from the back. I fell in love with this in the first shop (bridal outlet). Managed to have it ordered in brand new! The train is huuuuuge! And so is my veil ☺️

• MrsT2017MrsT2017 Posts: 225

k

Can’t wait to wear this. 

• MrsPBtobeMrsPBtobe Posts: 274 New bride
    MrsT2017 wrote (see post):

This was mine, a beautiful dress by Justin Alexander. unfortunately by the time the wedding day rolled around it was far too big so I’m a little sad it didn’t look as good as it should have but nevertheless I felt every inch the beaming bride in it on the day, the sequins in the sunlight were gorgeous. I actually sold it on Still white within 6 weeks of putting it on and am so glad I did as I’ve made another lady very happy, got nearly half my money back and she will no doubt get as much joy out of it as I did. I burst out crying every time I looked at it hanging in the spare room knowing I’d never wear it again so glad it’s gone to a good home! X

Ah what a beautiful dress! I think Justin Alexander is my favourite wedding dress designer, not sure he’s in my budget but this has reminded me to check the second hand sites.

K

• Bebe2Bebe2 Posts: 60

Wow some seriously stunning dresses here!!

I bought mine in a sample sale 11 months before my wedding! I think I bought it because I thought it was a good deal (i wouldnt have been able to afford it at full price) and my mum absolutely loved it. Plus although it was a sample sale this dress was brand new and had never been worn.

I was set on a strapless dress and wanted something a bit more modern.  At first a really regretted my decision as I dont love the blingy back, feels a bit dated. But the more i try it on the more i like it. Hopefully when I've lost a bit of weight and it fits better I will love it more. 

Would love to know your thoughts! Might convince me to fall in love with it. Haha. Annoyingly I can't find any photos of brides in it. It is the pronovias alexia dress. 

imageimageimageimage

Beth78 wrote (see post):

This is my dress (hopefully)

This is gorrrgeous!!

@MrsT2017 You look absolutely stunning it doesn't look big at all. So sad that you only get to wear it once! I'm hoping to sell mine after too, it's so big I have nowhere to store it in my shoebox of a flat. Haha

Thank you so much bebe2. the front didn’t look quite like I’d hoped (the alterations weren’t great!) and it bugs me every time I look at the photos but can’t change it now. I felt really good about selling my dress and as you say it just takes up room otherwise! X

• MrsJamesMrsJames Posts: 405

Here's mine, totally not what I wanted when I started looking but I absolutely loved it.

• imageimageimageimageThe firsy dress I got was the ivory one by House of Nicholas  but saw the champagne one and fell completely in love and thats the one I'm now going to wear.(the house of Nicholas is for sale too if anyone is interested lol)

• MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,054 New bride

Any excuse to show off what I wore - although it was in 2015!  I loved my dress and wish I could do it all over again!!

Some beautiful dresses on this thread though - think if I was getting married now id have a tough choice!

• MrsMGMrsMG Posts: 359

I wore purple to my wedding to match my husband's kilt and shirt. My gran bought me this dress in a charity shop for £3 a few years ago and I always said that if me and my now husband ever got married, I would wear this since I don't suit white or ivory and I did wear it and I felt like a million dollars and was true to my style, personality etc.

• Daisy251Daisy251 Posts: 7

loving all your dresses!

• Aimee73Aimee73 Posts: 96

This is mine for later this year :) The low cut front will be filled with material left when the dress is turned up. 

image image  image

• Fumati1214Fumati1214 Posts: 47

• SadieeeSadieee Posts: 1,775 New bride

This is my dress (stock pic and me on the day I tried it) :) Ignore the skirt, I am 5ft tall and they didn't have anything to stand on, a good chunk of it will be getting cut off haha that belt is also not going with it, it was just one the store had to try. I have now bought a belt I love :D

imageimage