Honeymoon advice

hi all! 

Looking for any advice for a honeymoon destination / who to book with. We get married at the end of April 2019 and looking for somewhere hot, relaxing and preferably all inclusive, for various reasons we've not been able to get away for quite a few years so looking for some serious chill out time. Have requested quotes from Kuoni and Turquoise, anybody have any other recommendation? 

Thank you! 

• Hi 

We get married around the same time  we are getting married in barbados but won't be honeymooning there.

We are looking at doing San Francisco for 5 nights then on to Hawaii for 9nights.

Also have a look at Fiji, that's on our list to look at.

what kind of budget do you have each? X

• We get married mid-April this year and we are heading out to the Maldives straight after - April/May is close to high season there before it goes into rainy season over the summer.  We've booked with Kuoni and they have been brilliant so far.

• TiaMariaTiaMaria Posts: 120

Thank you both, we've been looking at Mauritius with Kuoni, awaiting a quote at the moment. Roughly thinking budget wise £1500-£2000 per person. X

• TiaMaria wrote (see post):

Thank you both, we've been looking at Mauritius with Kuoni, awaiting a quote at the moment. Roughly thinking budget wise £1500-£2000 per person. X

Hi TiaMaria

We’re going to Mauritius this August and I compared lots of quotes from Kuoni, Hayes and Jarvis, and Turquoise. 

All the quotes were quite high but especially Kuoni! In the end we booked the exact same flights/hotel ourselves though British Airways for about £700 cheaper. 

The only thing we don’t get guaranteed by not going with a package is a few honeymoon perks at the hotel but they weren’t worth £700 to be honest! Our plan is to contact the hotel in advance and tell them we’re coming on honeymoon anyway. BA has ATOL protection too

Flights won’t become available for April 2019 for a few more months but if you’re willing to wait I def recommend checking British Airways xx

Thanks Williams2James, this is great advice and I will most definitely look at that option, I have a feeling that Kuoni is going to come in high! X

• No worries! Have you seen any particular hotels you like? There are so many nice ones there!

If you would rather book through somewhere like Kuoni btw, you can send them a screenshot of the quote from BA and they might match it for you. I was going to do this but didn't bother in the end! x

• TiaMaria wrote (see post):

Thanks Williams2James, this is great advice and I will most definitely look at that option, I have a feeling that Kuoni is going to come in high! X

We are going to the Maldives in august for ours. We got a quote from Kuoni and one direct from Emirates holidays. Emirates were £2k cheaper! We are pushing the boat out and going business class. Emirates First Class was the same cost as Kuoni business class. Kuoni are fantastic and lovely etc but I do think they’re over priced! They told me they would try and match the Emirates quote if I sent it on but they then came back and said they couldn’t!! 

Thank you Elkaye, I'll have a look at Emirates also, from what I'm reading online Kuoni seems to be a little on the pricey side. 

Williams2james. No specific preference for a hotel, they all look amazing! 

• Nikki-93Nikki-93 Posts: 171

Im going to Mauritius, it’s worth looking at Thomson they have some lovely hotels and i think we paid about £2500 per person but we upgraded up room so it made it a little more pricey

• CFWCFW Posts: 234

Out of curiosity, are the quotes you received confirmed? We've been trying to get quotes for a honeymoon in Feb next year and turquoise told us it was too early to get flight times so can't confirm! So frustrating because these kind of holidays require a lot of saving!! Lol

• CFW wrote (see post):

Out of curiosity, are the quotes you received confirmed? We've been trying to get quotes for a honeymoon in Feb next year and turquoise told us it was too early to get flight times so can't confirm! So frustrating because these kind of holidays require a lot of saving!! Lol

We were told that the quotes we got may vary as they change from day to day. But they were very much confirmed for that day (if that makes sense). Infact when I did call back the next day to pay the deposit, we actually got it slightly cheaper. Ive never heard of a company telling someone not to go ahead and book because I thought the flight times would be available for Feb next year - as you said you need to save....I guess they give you a rough idea at least?!

• CFWCFW Posts: 234

Ah really! That's excellent you even ended up getting it cheaper! I did enquire in December so maybe now being the new year i might get somewhere, thank you! 

• MrsM2018MrsM2018 Posts: 142

I would also check Trailfinders, Kenwood Travel and Virgin Holidays. We also enquired with Kuoni for Mauritius and it came to just under £4K for 12 nights all inclusive. Expedia, virgin and Emirates had similar deals for £300-£500 cheaper. 

thanks everyone for their advice, I'll be spending the weekend looking at all of your suggestions! 

• CHARLOTTE888CHARLOTTE888 Posts: 12

are you looking to go straight after your wedding or flexible on a later date? why not go to the maldives? thats what i am looking for myself too. i want paradise private beaches, overwater bungalows but bora bora was too off budget for me ...

but there are other possibilities, Mauritius, seychelles,  Malaysia...

i am a personal travel consultant so i can help you with yours too, i have access to hundreds of suppliers , including the big names, kuoni, thomson etc but we do low deposits, and are abta members and atol protected.

you can contact me in pm if you want, happy to help :)