InstaWedding UK

Hi,

Has anyone used InstaWeddjng UK photography for their wedding and if so, have you actually received your photos?

Thanks! 

• Hayley99Hayley99 Posts: 3

I'll DM you 

• Hannah413Hannah413 Posts: 1

Ok x

• Charlotte425Charlotte425 Posts: 7

We used InstaWedding and they were fabulous, we've had our photos and they are just stunning. Would thoroughly recommend them to anyone.

• We used insta wedding in September 2016 and just received video & online photos so far

• Barbie3Barbie3 Posts: 340
    Charlotte425 wrote (see post):

We used InstaWedding and they were fabulous, we've had our photos and they are just stunning. Would thoroughly recommend them to anyone.

When did u get married Charlotte?  How long did u have 2 wait?

Can u show us some of the pics, or any other proof that u r a genuine bride not just a fake good review?

• Zara32Zara32 Posts: 3

Following 

• Sarah1128Sarah1128 Posts: 4

Hi Hayley99 - do you have any update? Do you mind if I DM you? 

imageWe got 30 photos 48hours later and all of our photos a few months after (I think august?) Our gallery on their website is entitled Charlotte loves Phil. 

Not a fake review a very real, very heartfelt one.

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

The thing is though Charlotte, good for you that you got your photos, but many others haven't. So your positive review means nothing to those people. Neither does it prove that InstaWedding are a good supplier. 

• weatherwaxeweatherwaxe Posts: 860 New bride

imageWe got 30 photos 48hours later and all of our photos a few months after (I think august?) Our gallery on their website is entitled Charlotte loves Phil. 

The very fact that you've brought this up on two separate threads to do with this company is very suspicious to me. And that you're continuously following this up is odd.

Maybe I'm being overly cautious and you're completely unrelated I don't know.

However even if you are a satisfied customer wholly unrelated to the company in question, clearly other people have experienced some really poor service and that isn't OK.

You've been very lucky, but I doubt so many other people are lying just to try and ruin a company's reputation as there are a number of people complaining over a couple of threads. They just want what is owed to them.

I understand that one of the business owners was seriously ill, which is awful obviously, but if you run your own business and you know that you won't be able to fulfil the job in the usual turnaround time then it's just common courtesy to a) tell the client as soon as you're aware that there will be a problem, b) get someone else in to edit the footage etc or c) offer compensation or a refund.

This is fairly standard and the fact that this hasn't been done is unacceptable. This is someone's wedding photos or video FFS, it's a once (hopefully) in a lifetime occasion.

bella2015 wrote (see post):

The thing is though Charlotte, good for you that you got your photos, but many others haven't. So your positive review means nothing to those people. Neither does it prove that InstaWedding are a good supplier. 

Totally agree with you- I have posted on another thread with a more extensive review, my main aim was to reassure brides that they will get everything they paid for... they just need to have patience. It was really hard not to let my mind run away with me about what’s happened and why I’ve not got my video yet...and even harder not to vent my frustration to InstaWedding but I just kept in touch, making sure everything was ok and reminding them that I was excited to see the end result but understanding of their awful situation. 

They are only human at the end of the day and I know their intentions are only to deliver amazing photos and videos of the best day of your lives for you to keep forever. 

this is my opinion but putting myself in their shoes I imagine it would be easy for them to delegate elsewhere but felt they were invested in the end result and wanted to be proud of it. 

• Rach371Rach371 Posts: 828 New bride

Sorry, I've just posted a response in another thread about this - how do you know they'll get everything they pay for? How do you know they were invested in the end result and wanted to be proud of it? I'm incredibly suspicious of this positive review in amongst the negative feedback there's been. 

weatherwaxe wrote (see post):

The very fact that you've brought this up on two separate threads to do with this company is very suspicious to me. And that you're continuously following this up is odd.

Maybe I'm being overly cautious and you're completely unrelated I don't know.

However even if you are a satisfied customer wholly unrelated to the company in question, clearly other people have experienced some really poor service and that isn't OK.

You've been very lucky, but I doubt so many other people are lying just to try and ruin a company's reputation as there are a number of people complaining over a couple of threads. They just want what is owed to them.

I understand that one of the business owners was seriously ill, which is awful obviously, but if you run your own business and you know that you won't be able to fulfil the job in the usual turnaround time then it's just common courtesy to a) tell the client as soon as you're aware that there will be a problem, b) get someone else in to edit the footage etc or c) offer compensation or a refund.

This is fairly standard and the fact that this hasn't been done is unacceptable. This is someone's wedding photos or video FFS, it's a once (hopefully) in a lifetime occasion.

I don’t know how exactly I can prove that I’m a genuine customer. 

I booked InstaWedding after meeting them at A most Curious wedding fair and part of their appeal was that they were normal people taking bloody brilliant photos, the other part was their package price was far less than any other photographer I’d enquired with. 

• Again, if you are one of our clients please please email me [email protected] and I will help you with anything you need. 

• D18D18 Posts: 3

We used Instawedding at the start of the year.  They were great with the pre-wedding shoot (although photos did take several months to arrive, way longer than agreed), and they were great again on the wedding day.  We received the first batch of photos within a couple of weeks which were great.  Unfortunately that is where the contact stopped.  Every other deadline (second set of photos online, physical photos, album and hard drive) has been missed and they have not replied to any messages via e-mail, twitter, facebook, etc.  It's a real shame as the photos we do have are great.  It seems they are just in a massive backlog situation which I wouldn't mind if they were actually upfront about it.

They're definitely taking new business. I enquired about their videography services before seeing this and they literally contacted me a week or so ago to ask if I wanted to use them. 

• Sarah1128Sarah1128 Posts: 4

Reading these reviews make my heart sink- im so worried that we will never receive our printed photos and video. will you keep us posted Not2 on your situation? It’s a small reassurance we are not the only ones out there. 

So I've had a number of messages from representatives of this company, despite not using their services and not being invested in this issue. I have never complained about not receiving pictures, and never accused the company of being liars and cheats etc. It's just that I chose to believe brides who have said that they haven't received pictures and said that it was unprofessional not to have contacted them to explain the delay in receiving the services that they paid for. Which it is.

Oh, and I also said that you're still seeking business. Which you are. None of these things are slanderous or unacceptable.

Mason, if you're reading this - you can see how this looks right? You mentioning how you tracked me down and you know who I am in your Y&YW message freaked me out, hence the block. Especially since I have nothing to do with this mess other than commenting on a forum thread.

I'm not going to respond to you personally, because to be honest I'm quite weirded out that you're doing this to someone who only commented a few times on a forum thread. If I get any further messages, you will be reported for harassment. I think you should probably focus your energy on the individuals that have made complaints against your company instead, and contact them and try to resolve the issue. That would be a more productive use of your time.

I am now 100% done with this.

Wow. So unprofessional. 

• My point is what does it have to do with you? Everything you read from a made up name on the internet isnt necessarily the truth. 

I have messaged all of the posters in this privately via the forum and no one has come back to me. i’ve asked anybody that has an issue to message me or email me more than once. It’s really easy to hide behind made up names on public forums. You people have alerts set up to see who has replied within this thread so you are obviously ‘invested‘, living life through a forum. I’m wondering if it’s a smear campaign by another photographer. 

Half of the tripe in this thread has already been removed by the legal team at youandyourwedding and two ‘trolls’ successfully being taken to court for the malicious, hurtful, personal lies that were spread. One particular troll suggested Sarah ‘lied about her cancer’ which i can’t even quantify the level of depravity in that statement. That is something that does warrant legal action. 

We had a spell where we made some mistakes, and had delays. This was due to Sarah having her breasts removed then getting cancer a second time shortly after. Business sadly had to take a back seat, whether you believe that wedding pictures or video is more important than recovering and dealing with cancer is a moral discussion I’m not willing to have if you disagree with me, no one was told ‘well we’ll take your money and not give you anything back for it’. We were upfront and informed our clients - a handful were not willing to wait and that’s for them to live with - they got refunded and we moved on.

This is trolling, cyber bullying, abuse whatever you want to call it and it stops now. Whether you made up lies, pointed fingers or whatever (this is aimed at everyone here, not-one single person) you are a participant. Yes we are taking on new business, we have bills to pay and mouths to feed, we both nearly died trying to catch up with all the work we were behind on and are extremely proud of the way we have come through this. This thread has actually made us realise who we choose to shoot and we now almost interview people and it’s very important to us that we devote our time to our ideal client. 

Also we’re really fucking good. We’ll keep on doing what we do, amazingly and delivering to our amazing clients.

The ‘coolest’ couples we have shot have never been in a forum and wouldn’t know what a wedding blog is. It’s not about the bits and pieces and tiny details no one but your ego and craving for ‘likes’ cares about, it’s about the love and the people. And we are lucky enough to have had so many amazing ‘people’. 

• Hi,

Sarah here. I’m back to work full time after surviving breast cancer and I’m back shooting some amazing weddings with amazing people doing what I LOVE. 

You may be surprised that I’m writing on here as rule no1 is don’t give trolls the limelight. Don’t respond to them. Well I am. Because I am bored with my personal life being used as a threat against me. “She swanned off and moved to Spain?!” It’s completely and utterly ridiculous!! If there are valid reviews where. 1. We were an awful part of your day. We ruined it. We didn’t turn up. We caused problems. 2. You hate the photos. They are badly shot. 3. You hate the video. Then feel free to say it. We aren’t everyone's cup of tea. We are creative and appeal to a certain clientele. I didn’t like my wedding hair. We all have things we don’t like. But let’s behave like adults lets thrash out what we don’t like. But if its the delay then I am not going to be bullied into parting with hard earned money because I had cancer. Legally and morally I was allowed to have time off. 

Firstly thank you Charlotte for your honest review. If anyone would like to see our other reviews, there are many on our facebook link called “Forever”.  I can ask my 200 other brides to write on here but most do not hang out in these kind of forums and I do not wish for them to get into arguments like Charlotte has had to deal with. But anyone interested in booking with us and feeling disheartened after reading the above I am more than happy to meet with you and to send any clients your way. We also have an event soon. A celebration of life, love and GIRL POWER so feel free to drop me an email and come along. We are also collating all of our reviews into a testimonial page. PLEASE PLEASE don’t listen to TROLLS. See through them. Let’s stand together and get rid of them not give them more power. WOMEN EMPOWERING WOMEN. 

As you can imagine I am very disappointed to see this amount of abuse, lies and negativity from people who are hiding behind faceless accounts and choose to vilify strangers with the sole intention of destroying reputation and mental health. Did you know that abuse filters into the home and it damages mind and body? I’m also very disappointed with Y&YW for condoning trolls and fake reports. It is beyond me how you can harass someone with cancer let alone allow that harassment to happen? I am also very surprised to see people here who have absolutely nothing to do with us and trying to catch us out by submitting enquiries? What are you hoping to achieve? But thus is the nature of trolls. I am currently in the process of writing an article with a high profile newspaper on the rise of trolls and the damage they are doing to people. Why can’t we all just be kind, people? and get the term troll back to those colourful dolls from the 80s?

As for D18 what a complete and utter FIB!! We have no delays this year as following what happened last year we have completely changed our workflow and it’s now a very slick and problem free operation! We have had no emails or messages from you?! Please reveal yourself so we can help you?! Maybe you have booked with a different Insta Wedding?? 

Prior to having breast cancer I spent 3 years devoting myself to Insta Wedding. I gave up time with my children, any social life, maternity leave (I had 6 weeks!) even simple pleasures such as watching tv or lie ins. I worked RIDICULOUSLY HARD and I also supported women to leave lives that they hated and to begin a career doing something they love. And then I got breast cancer and hands up I FUCKED UP in the eyes of some people because I didn&rsqu

• Following on from above...

And then I got breast cancer and hands up I FUCKED UP in the eyes of some people because I didn’t put their needs before my own. It is very easy to hide in a forum and discuss my life and say what you would do in my situation. But YOU HAVEN’T been in my position. Have you been diagnosed with cancer when you have a 6 month old baby? Have you been 6 weeks away from your wedding and given a life sentence? Have you had to stand at the alter and say til death do us part not knowing if death is actually just around the corner? Because if you have I WOULD ABSOLUTELY love to hear how you got through that mentally as well as hold down your business. Try walking in my shoes before making criticism or comments, before preaching about what you would have done. Yes we all know someone who has had cancer but that doesn’t make it any less of a problem. Usually these people work for corporations so they can have paid time off or they are older. Well I wasn’t older. I was young, with two little boys and I was bloody terrified. The last thing on my mind was a video or a usb. If you don’t agree with that then morally that’s your issue.

To the people who are asking…yes we are continuing business?! Why wouldn’t we?? Thats our job. Do you think there is a magic money tree for people with cancer?! Cancer took so much away from me including my breasts, my confidence and my mental health why would I let it take away my business and only source of money?! I have worked my arse off when I should still have been off sick to get everything out to people. And I am proud of what I have achieved in the face of adversity.

So how about using platforms to be kind, to ask if anyone needs any help? If you have the time to sit in forums writing about people you don’t know then use that time to go volunteer at a charity shop, to make a plan of being kind to people, to squeeze your loved ones just that little bit harder in case death comes knocking at your door? 

If you think I am selfish for taking time off to recover from having major surgeries for breast cancer and you feel more sorry for the people who didn’t receive usbs (I mean what the hell? A usb? All our photos and videos are downloadable. If you agree with someone that has paid just £600 (yes we have increased our prices because we value our worth) to create a beautiful video within the given timeframe then stalks us, threatens us, trolls us just to get a usb from us then you are definitely not the right client for us.  But if you think WOW that’s a warrior woman. What an amazing woman to go through and survive the worst thing that can possibly happen to you, to suffer abuse from some REALLY crazy people and still have a business, still put her heart and soul into something she is passionate about then come meet me! Come for a coffee and we can chat and I’m sure you will fall in LOVE with me and my vibe. I have a wide circle of friends and some of them are my brides and I know we will be BFFs forever.

We have never been abusive to anyone but we aren’t fake people. We are honest people and we are happy to stand up for what we believe in when someone is abusing us at an absolutely terrible time, accusing us of lying (when legally we were allowed to be off) just for not getting their usb or for not taking enough photos of their mum (YES REALLY)

For any REAL people who have problems or who want to take us to court then get in touch. There are various fake names on here saying we aren’t replying to messages yet we have contacted you through here and we aren’t getting any replies?

Weatherwax what is actually very weird is to log on using a fake name with the sole intentio

• Following on...

with the sole intention of causing problems for a stranger. Now that is F**King weird!! I am more than happy to help these people if I actually know who they are. Maybe if you are so concerned about them, find out who they are and tell them to get in touch as we have contacted them and they haven’t replied. You have added to our stress so of course we are going to try find out who you are and why you are stalking us?!  It’s far from normal behaviour??

I’m happy to provide medical evidence and pics of what my cancer did to me if that satisfies you? I am enjoying shooting some amazing weddings this year and loving doing what I am passionate and extremely good at. I am a survivor of breast cancer! I think stalking and trolling someone in forums is an incredibly negative and nasty thing to do?! Unfortunately social media has given bullies a platform. Would you abuse strangers like this in the street? 

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a very kind, considerate person who is full of energy goes above and beyond for people including my clients. I calm them on the day, I help them to enjoy their day. I would never say “you’re lucky I turned up to your wedding!!” It has been an honour to be at 95% of our weddings and I am truly grateful to have been given that time. Of course there are some people (actually just two or three)  that I wished we had never created anything for as I can not bear the thought of them watching something that I put LOVE into when they have been so awful and unkind to me. That’s honesty. I’m not lying and nor am I hiding behind a fake name.

And to those of you who are reading this and have contacted us to tell us how disgusting these people are and who have booked with us anyway we LOVE you. Thank you for believing in me, our beautiful work, my passion and ethos. Us photographers get such a hard time and its not just me as I’m in photography forums where others are miserable because they are also suffering abuse. How about we say thank you for being memory makers, for all the love and effort we put into your day. Check out all the beauty and LOVE on our site. www.insta-wedding.co

Of course I am very sorry about the delays to wedding photos and videos and I have been nothing but transparent for the reasons why. But how about showing some kindness and understanding and accepting that this was because of circumstances out of my control?! That I still delivered beautiful photos and videos even though I was very sick??

PLEASE,  please and this goes to any troll don’t vilify people for having cancer, in fact for anything, for being ‘Fat’ or ‘ugly’ or not fitting the norm.STOP SPREADING HATE. IT IS UNKIND AND IT IS VILE. 

But... in a way thank you for the abuse as you have made me stronger than ever. And more determined to move on. I’m a survivor of cancer. I can also be a survivor of trolls. And I’m not going to disappear Sorry!

Anyway a lion never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Please do not reply to me. I have been told to keep my stress levels down and if I have any further medical problems I am going to hold everyone of you responsible for that. If you have a heart (most trolls don’t) you will move on with your lives. I am moving on with mine with positivity, love and light.

Good vibes to all. 

Sarah Insta Wedding wrote (see post):

Following on...

with the sole intention of causing problems for a stranger. Now that is F**King weird!! I am more than happy to help these people if I actually know who they are. Maybe if you are so concerned about them, find out who they are and tell them to get in touch as we have contacted them and they haven’t replied. You have added to our stress so of course we are going to try find out who you are and why you are stalking us?!  It’s far from normal behaviour??

I’m happy to provide medical evidence and pics of what my cancer did to me if that satisfies you? I am enjoying shooting some amazing weddings this year and loving doing what I am passionate and extremely good at. I am a survivor of breast cancer! I think stalking and trolling someone in forums is an incredibly negative and nasty thing to do?! Unfortunately social media has given bullies a platform. Would you abuse strangers like this in the street? 

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a very kind, considerate person who is full of energy goes above and beyond for people including my clients. I calm them on the day, I help them to enjoy their day. I would never say “you’re lucky I turned up to your wedding!!” It has been an honour to be at 95% of our weddings and I am truly grateful to have been given that time. Of course there are some people (actually just two or three)  that I wished we had never created anything for as I can not bear the thought of them watching something that I put LOVE into when they have been so awful and unkind to me. That’s honesty. I’m not lying and nor am I hiding behind a fake name.

And to those of you who are reading this and have contacted us to tell us how disgusting these people are and who have booked with us anyway we LOVE you. Thank you for believing in me, our beautiful work, my passion and ethos. Us photographers get such a hard time and its not just me as I’m in photography forums where others are miserable because they are also suffering abuse. How about we say thank you for being memory makers, for all the love and effort we put into your day. Check out all the beauty and LOVE on our site. www.insta-wedding.co

Of course I am very sorry about the delays to wedding photos and videos and I have been nothing but transparent for the reasons why. But how about showing some kindness and understanding and accepting that this was because of circumstances out of my control?! That I still delivered beautiful photos and videos even though I was very sick??

PLEASE,  please and this goes to any troll don’t vilify people for having cancer, in fact for anything, for being ‘Fat’ or ‘ugly’ or not fitting the norm.STOP SPREADING HATE. IT IS UNKIND AND IT IS VILE. 

But... in a way thank you for the abuse as you have made me stronger than ever. And more determined to move on. I’m a survivor of cancer. I can also be a survivor of trolls. And I’m not going to disappear Sorry!

Anyway a lion never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Please do not reply to me. I have been told to keep my stress levels down and if I have any further medical problems I am going to hold everyone of you responsible for that. If you have a heart (most trolls don’t) you will move on with your lives. I am moving on with mine with positivity, love and light.

Good vibes

Sarah, I know you've said for no one to reply but let's be real, your response is way over the top. Holding people on a forum responsible for your health, seriously?

Anyway, you being ill aside, which is really awful and I'm sure myself and everyone else completely sympathise but surely all that needs to be done us to supply everyone with what has been paid for? 

I don't see any bullying or 'trolling' on this thread by the way, just discussion about the fact that people have used your service and not received what's been promised. 

• Hi Bella,

If you read my reply properly you will see that I say the trolling has been removed?? It's a discussion between fake accounts who are lying about me??

Sorry but who are you and what relation do you have to me or my business? Im completely baffled!! A troll is someone who stirs up a situation. Would you agree thats what you are doing??

Again as I said above I have worked VERY hard to fulfill people's packages. And I am happy to help anyone who has any issues?

I don't need or ask for sympathy. I just want to resolve the situation and move on?! If you are being so kind to volunteer your help that's lovely! Let me know the names and emails of these people who need help?

Sarah Insta Wedding wrote (see post):

Hi Bella,

If you read my reply properly you will see that I say the trolling has been removed?? It's a discussion between fake accounts who are lying about me??

Sorry but who are you and what relation do you have to me or my business? Im completely baffled!! A troll is someone who stirs up a situation. Would you agree thats what you are doing??

Again as I said above I have worked VERY hard to fulfill people's packages. And I am happy to help anyone who has any issues?

I don't need or ask for sympathy. I just want to resolve the situation and move on?! If you are being so kind to volunteer your help that's lovely! Let me know the names and emails of these people who need help?

I haven't seen any trolling or fake posts so can't comment on that. 

I am not stirring up any situation, just responding to your post.  I think you are being very rude, for someone who runs a business you're not doing yourself any favours really. You're the one looking for an argument, not me or anyone else on this thread. 

If you've sorted everyone's photos/videos out then that's great, there is nothing more to be said is there! 👍

• Rach371Rach371 Posts: 828 New bride

I don't think it's fair to say that your "coolest brides" don't hang out on forums like this and I don't think it's nice to belittle the plans of brides here.

Please dont assume that no one here knows the pain of living with cancer as some of us know it only too well.

Wishing you all the best Sarah 

• Rach371 wrote (see post):

I don't think it's fair to say that your "coolest brides" don't hang out on forums like this and I don't think it's nice to belittle the plans of brides here.

Please dont assume that no one here knows the pain of living with cancer as some of us know it only too well.

Wishing you all the best Sarah 

What isn’t fair is people making up lies, hiding behind screen names and not being accountable for their actions due to their anonymity and others contributing to it when has nothing to do with them and it really effects people.