Recommended Bridal Shops - London and surrounding areas

Hi,

I have my sister and my mum visiting me shortly to go wedding dress shopping and I am look for some recommendations of shops in London and the surrounding areas as we will have a car. So far looked at going to the below but prefer to go off word of mouth. My budget is really up to £1200 and i would be a bridal size 16/18

- Davids Bridal

- Rosdene Bridal (Buckinghamshire)

- Bromely Brides (Kent)

- Elizabeth James (Croydon)

- The Bridal Shop (Romford)

Thanks Ladies

x

• Jan17Jan17 Posts: 30

I got my dress from London Bride UK in Walworth road, they were brilliant, very friendly and helpful. They definitely will have dresses in your price range. Also I was a bridal 16 / 18 too and they had plenty of dresses for me to try on. Highly recommend them. Have fun!

• MrsHowgateMrsHowgate Posts: 1,153 New bride

Avoid Elizabeth James. I got my dress from there. Some of the staff are very rude. One assistant even called me fat when my actual dress didn’t fit me. Needless to say I am never going back for alterations etc.

• Angelamay87Angelamay87 Posts: 153

Wed2be I got my dress from there and the service was great.

There is Confetti and Lace in Lakeside.

Depending where in Buckinghamshire you are going to there is a lovely little shop called Elizabeth Mq Queen. And there is a great Italian restarant next door. 

MrsHowgate2b how rude is that! Not how you imagine your experience to be x

• Hi

I would strongly recommend Aurora Bride in Cheam. Their customer service was excellent and they gave me a great experience as not only did they treat me as a proper bride but also individually. I had been to another boutique in warlingham and it was the complete opposite.

I was looked after by a lovely South African woman who I had a great banter with. Ended up getting 50% off for my dress in their sample sale. 

I bought my bridesmaid dress from David's Bridal in Stratford and would certainly recommend that store too as they were a great help. 

From Daniela 

• Daisy29Daisy29 Posts: 44

My friend bought her dress from The Bridal Shop in Romford a few years ago and had a good experience. If you’re looking towards Essex I would also reccomend Bellissima in South Woodham Ferrers if it’s not too far for you, I didn’t buy my dress from there but they were absolutely amazing so accommodating and made me feel so comfortable, by far the best bridal shop I visited, I went after having loads of recommendations. Also Amorae in Ongar was a close second for service and experience.

I would avoid Davids Bridal I had an appalling experience there and reading reviews here and on other sites it seems to be the norm.

• Thanks to all for their valuable recommendations, I will keep in mind...

• britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,448 New bride

Another Essex place that is amazing is Enchanted Bridal in Old Harlow.  They are reasonable, and the owner is superb.  She does evening and weekend appointments at times to suit you.  

• Tamara15Tamara15 Posts: 16

I'd defo recommend London Bride and The Bridal Shop Romford. London Bride for amazing customer service and prices, The Bridal Shop for having a huge selection.

Would also recommend From This Moment On in Ewell.

David's Bridal is worth having a look to see what kind of style you like, but go in with low expectations and then you won't be disappointed lol