Where are you honeymooning?

Wanting to have a little nosy - where are you all going on honeymoon? 

H2b and I have decided that we want somewhere relaxing so probably a fancy beach holiday type thing but now we've decided that I'm struggling to come up with ideas  so any inspiration very welcome! 

• SadieeeSadieee Posts: 1,775 New bride

99% sure we are doing the Agean Shores cruise through tui. It's 7 days around various Greek islands, all inclusive. Just to decide whether to do 7 days and upgrade room majorly and flights to extra room or to add a 3 day hotel stay at Corfu after the cruise but keep everything standard 

• NYC, with a day in DC 

• Amanda198Amanda198 Posts: 152

We are going to Italy, 4 nights in Rome and then 11 nights Amalfi coast. Our hotel has a pool so it's going to be a mix of exploring and relaxing.xx 

• MrsGtoBMrsGtoB Posts: 606 New bride

Kenya, 3 night safari and 4 nights beach. I may actually be looking forward to this more than the wedding 😝

• MrsE2018MrsE2018 Posts: 41

Bali for a week, then on to Malaysia for 5 days before coming home - a mix on beach/relaxing and exploring! 

• MrsMcSMrsMcS Posts: 235
    Amanda198 wrote (see post):

We are going to Italy, 4 nights in Rome and then 11 nights Amalfi coast. Our hotel has a pool so it's going to be a mix of exploring and relaxing.xx 

Snap (nearly!) We're going to Sorrento for 6 nights, then Rome for 3 and Venice for 2. Can't wait!

• Nikki-93Nikki-93 Posts: 171

Were doing 2 weeks in Mauritius, hoping for a mic of relaxing and exploring

• ducklingduckling Posts: 116 New bride

Kenya and Tanzania - 5 nights safari and 8 nights beach, can’t wait!

• We're mini-mooning the day after the wedding in the UK, 3 days in Snowdonia climbing Mount Snowdon during that time followed by 4 days in the Lake District also climbing Scafell while we're there. We're quite active, thrill seeking people so a beach holiday doing nothing is our worst nightmare! Lol 

For our actual honeymoon we're hoping to catch a plane to Vancouver over Christmas and explore British Columbia or like a couple others have mentioned, go to the Amalfi Coast but we plan to trek across it. 

• Amanda198Amanda198 Posts: 152
    MrsMcS wrote (see post):
    Amanda198 wrote (see post):

Snap (nearly!) We're going to Sorrento for 6 nights, then Rome for 3 and Venice for 2. Can't wait!

I can't wait either! Looking forward to nice food and drink. I haven't been to Italy before.xx 

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 1,762 New bride

We have a son who will be 4 - current plan is a week in Florida, inc a couple of days at Disney, then on to Riviera Maya in Mexico for a week. 

Lots of people have said we'll need 2 weeks in Florida to do all the parks etc but truthfully I have no interest in going to theme parks and will just do the main Disney park for a couple of days for our son - otherwise will just be sightseeing etc.

• PJ62PJ62 Posts: 16

We are going to Lake Garda for our honeymoon.  I am so excited!

• EllaBella23EllaBella23 Posts: 33

We did Singapore for 4 nights and then Langkawi for 10, perfect mix of city and relaxing beachs! 

• ScarletGScarletG Posts: 8

My soon to be hubby and me are planning to go to Sydney and spend 5 days there and also visit some cities near Sydney. I can't wait! 

We still haven't found a place to stay, we wanted to book a hotel with spa and everything, but can't decide which one. Any recommendations maybe?

Also, we decided to book a limousine, Astra http://www.astralimousines.com.au/ offers wedding cars with a chauffeur and everything, so he can drive us around the city (we don't want to rent a car to drive by ourselves, Sydney seems such a big city to us).

Is there something in Sydney, besides the usual sights, you think we should definitely visit? 

• MrsGxMrsGx Posts: 328 New bride

We're doing 4 nights in the lakes immediately after the wedding as a little minimoon to wind down.

Our actual honeymoon is 3 months after. Having a week in Switzerland staying around the Alps, lots of exploring and hiking.
    Then our second week we fly on to Tuscany to stay in a private villa with a pool. We plan to spend that week eating pizza, drinking wine and generally being lazy with a few day visits to local places of interest 

• stacey147stacey147 Posts: 108

Minimoon 5 days in marrakesh in September then 3 weeks in vietnam over xmas 

• MrsThimboMrsThimbo Posts: 222

We’re going to Croatia for a week... all inclusive, junior suite with sea views. Going to hire a car for a couple of days to do Dubrovnik and some waterfalls/national parks but other than that it’ll be spa, pool, cocktail bar! Can’t wait... we plan to start trying for a baby straight away to we did look in to Barbados, Mexico & Costa Rica but had to be mindful of the Zika virus & also only wanted to go for a week as want to go away in December when I turn 30 (sobbing as I type the dreaded 3-0) x

• elvis4nutselvis4nuts Posts: 102

We are going round and round in circles re: our honeymoon.  

I have always wanted to get married at Christmas and I got my wish! However with the Zika virus the number of places we can travel to is greatly diminished and short of waiting 4 months for the weather Europe is out of the picture at that time of year.  

Also, how does anyone afford a wedding AND honeymoon!! 

First world problems I know! I am enjoying listening to where you are all going! 

• Blush2018Blush2018 Posts: 236

Parga, Greece for 10 nights in a boutique hotel junior suite. Looking forward to lots of trips and visiting a couple of neighbouring islands and just relaxing with cocktails 

• HanlawHanlaw Posts: 31

We are planning South Africa 5 Days, Kenya for the safari 5 days and Seychelles for 7! Will be a well needed break together after the wedding xx

• Desert-brideDesert-bride Posts: 220 New bride

I think we’re being greedy. 

Weve got a 19-night road trip as part of the wedding. And we figured we’re gonna be tired after such a busy time with jet lag, work and a wedding party. 

So other half has booked for us to go to Santorini in October. We’re going at the end of the season, so have a decent hotel cheaper than in peak-season. We’re lucky that we are good at saving and can afford to do both!

• MrsMannionMrsMannion Posts: 936

We are going to Costa rica, we got married two years ago but couldn't afford honeymoon so going in November, it does have zika but if you protect yourself and are then happy to wait 6 months after the holiday before you try for baby it's safe as we will do can't wait been long time coming x

• Getting married in Barbados so will also spend honeymoon in the Caribbeans. So excited!  

• NYC! No fancy beach for us because of Zika :( 

so we’re doing 2 weeks in NYC with a day or 2 in DC

were having a minimoon for 2 nights at the cranleigh church suites in the Lake District too 

• Lavinia77Lavinia77 Posts: 92

We spent months trying to decide, but eventually decided on Costa Rica, as there is the perfect mix of luxurious beach type places and all the activity you could possibly want!

So we are spending 4 nights in a bungalow next to a Volcano in Arenal, and then 10 nights in an incredible 3 storey villa overlooking the rain forest & sea - cannot bleeding wait!

http://tulemarbamboovillas.com/

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,130 New bride

We have no idea! We've travelled a lot and have done South Africa (which would have been my go to honeymoon dream!), Bali, Langkawi, Singapore, are doing HK and Thailand this year, plus a lot of Europe. I've been to Hawaii before and his first marriage they honeymooned in the US so would prefer something different. We get married end of May in Italy so are likely going to do a minimoon in Venice or the Amalfi Coast once that's over, and then come back and enjoy having a big holiday to look forward to later in the year. We both would love to do the gorilla trekking in Rwanda, or Botswana/Tanzania/Zambia (I really want to do the Devil's Pool at the top of Victoria Falls), but I also want to combine something a bit more adventurous with lush beaches so need to work out if we can do that and the Maldives at the same time. I would LOVE to do Bora Bora or somewhere in the South Pacific but not sure it's realistic finance wise and I'm not sure even if it was, I could convince my fiance to do all of that travelling without being able to afford business class seats. Throw all of that in to the mix and then Zika too which we might want to consider.... it's probably harder than any wedding decisions we've got to make! 

• MoggleMoggle Posts: 556

We spent 2 weeks doing a California road trip from San Francisco out to Yosemite and back down the coastline to San Diego, then flew over to Maui for a week. It was ah-mazing  can’t recommend it enough - we went at the end of September into mid-October and the weather was amazing the whole time too without everywhere being as busy as during the summer months. 

• SpacepuffinSpacepuffin Posts: 664

We did New Zealand for 3 weeks, then 4 days at Pangkor Laut in Malaysia to relax on the way home. It was brilliant! Loved it!