Lipstick Choice - please help a girl out!

Hi everyone. Dilemma of the month is I'm trying to find the perfect lipstick for the day.. I'm usually a nude girl but really want a pinky peach/warm pink to wear on the day but really struggling to find.

I've tried Mac Modesty, Estee Lauder Crystal Baby, Charlotte Tilbury B*tch Perfect, Tom Ford Pink Dusk and Mac Fanfare.

Mac Fanfare and Tom Ford are currently my favourites but then I seen this picture and thought wow that looks dreamy!

Can any makeup lovers or Charlotte Tilbury fans guess what this lipstick pictured is?! I've spent a small fortune on lipstick already so really trying to guess right before my H2B kills me! 

I would ask the artist but a lot of my friends follow her page so I don't want to give away what my look is (sad I know) PLUS she never seems to reply....

Alternatively if anyone could recommend a perfect pink, peachy, warm, beautiful pink that would be so ideal.

Thanks so much if anyone could help I would be forever grateful 💕image

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,119 New bride

I love Penelope Pink from Charlotte Tilbury, I think Pillow Talk is also a pretty good nudey pink, slightly more subtle and warm than B*tch Perfect.Penelope Pink looks quite browny online but in reality is not. I'd go in to a store and try if you can rather than order online as I find the online images to be quite deceiving (with makeup in general but especially with lipsticks).

Photo of Penelope Pink with natural light behind. I‘d say on my lips though it’s paler than it looks especially if I’m tanned. Pillow Talk I don’t have with me but is slightly pinkier/darker toned.

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 1,738 New bride

Why not take the pic into a store and ask the assistant which colour it is? Or private message the poster?

• Heidi35Heidi35 Posts: 15
    Ashley72 wrote (see post):

I love Penelope Pink from Charlotte Tilbury, I think Pillow Talk is also a pretty good nudey pink, slightly more subtle and warm than B*tch Perfect.Penelope Pink looks quite browny online but in reality is not. I'd go in to a store and try if you can rather than order online as I find the online images to be quite deceiving (with makeup in general but especially with lipsticks).

Photo of Penelope Pink with natural light behind. I‘d say on my lips though it’s paler than it looks especially if I’m tanned. Pillow Talk I don’t have with me but is slightly pinkier/darker toned.

Thank you so much!! I was looking at Penelope Pink and thought it could have been that.  Do you happen to have The Duchess?

I forgot to mention my nearest stockest of Charlotte Tilbury is a 3 hour drive away hence why I can't just nip in store. x

MrsCToBee wrote (see post):

Why not take the pic into a store and ask the assistant which colour it is? Or private message the poster?

Hi, sorry I failed to mention that my nearest stockist of Charlotte Tilbury is over 3 hour drive away from me in a complete opposite direction to everywhere else I need to go.  The MUA tends not to respond to any messages... x

What about asking on the Charlotte Tilbury social media accounts?

What about asking on the Charlotte Tilbury social media accounts?

Good idea! I will try them and fingers crossed they see my post among the sea of other comments :-) Even if a fellow CT follower recommends it will bring the search down a few I am sure

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,119 New bride
    Heidi35 wrote (see post):
    Ashley72 wrote (see post):

Thank you so much!! I was looking at Penelope Pink and thought it could have been that.  Do you happen to have The Duchess?

I forgot to mention my nearest stockest of Charlotte Tilbury is a 3 hour drive away hence why I can't just nip in store. x

I haven't seen the Duchess but from online photos of swatches it looks much more of a brighter pink than a peachy/nude.

I'd definitely recommend Penelope Pink. 

L'Oreal also do a pretty good range of nudes in their Colour Riche line - they're named after celebrities and I have used a couple of shades in the past for day to day wear, worth a look and about half the price of CT.

• EllaBella23EllaBella23 Posts: 33

Hey - it could be Charlotte Tilbury- Kidman’s Kiss. I have this and I’d describe It as a warm pink. 

Update - I contacted Charlotte Tilbury who recommended Kidmans Kiss or Very Victoria... Looks like I will have to buy a few more OH what a shame ;-)

• Elle25Elle25 Posts: 37 New bride

Charlotte Tilbury do excellent nude/pinks but I would second the L’oreal range if availability is an issue. Nearly all Boots stock them and I have heaps. I’m quite snobby about makeup and stick to brands but these seem to be the best nude colours I’ve found. Not long lasting but cheap enough to top up as needed! 

I'm a big fan of Clarins & Clinique lipsticks.

• ScarletGScarletG Posts: 8

I'm a big fan of Clarins & Clinique lipsticks.

Me too! :) Great colors, and they are very long lasting :)

• The MUA put The Duchess on me at my trial but I felt it was a bit too brown and dark for me. I like the look of Penelope Pink need to try it on! Kidmans Kiss was a smidge too pale.  Total goldilocks situation with the never ending hunt for a perfect pinky nude.  

• KittyFiennesKittyFiennes Posts: 756 New bride

Don't forget to actually take pics with the different lipsticks on.  That's been an eye-opening experience for me, not just from my previous weddings, but also from the little bits of work I do on film/ camera.  Colours can look EXTREMELY different in pics and on video. A lot of my nude lippies don't even show up on camera, others look too brown and others look 1980's pink!!

So I went to Dublin for my hen party and made a point of going to Brown Thomas to visit the CT girls.. Came away with Kidmans Kiss and Amazing Grace plus the lipgloss in Sweet Stiletto... Now to choose what to wear!! x