Before you buy from Caroline Castigliano, please read my review

Thanks to Le Spose di Milano and Caroline Castigliano, on my wedding day I was incredibly uncomfortable and frustrated. I did not receive the dress that I'd paid for and to this day neither company has taken responsibility. Here is my story:  https://lesposedimilanoruinedmyweddingdress.com/

• Emily276Emily276 Posts: 16

that's awful that you felt you had a bad experience when it should be such a happy one but I just want to say that you looked amazing and although I know as a bride you would notice every tiny detail, to an outsider your dress looked lovely. x

• TeamJamiesonLoweTeamJamiesonLowe Posts: 381 New bride

It's sounds horrible but you do you absolutely gorgeous in your dress.  I can't really see the imperfections in the pictures of you wearing it.  

Close the blog and enjoy your handsome new husband!  

• MrsTraceyMrsTracey Posts: 802 New bride

Can I be really honest here? I'm so sorry you had a negative experience, and it's really rubbish you felt so sad, but you looked really amazing in your dress! It looks perfect, and the tiny details you're hung up on no one else probably noticed. This seems like a lot of negativity for no reason. Move on, enjoy how amazing you looked and enjoy your new husband. I agree with the above, take the blog down. Congratulations, newlywed! 

• Barbie3Barbie3 Posts: 340

I'm really sorry u had such a bad experience, but is it fair 2 'name & shame' Caroline Castigliano?  It sounds like all the problems your describing in the blog where caused by the shop

• AwhelenqtAwhelenqt Posts: 778 New bride

How awful for you! And the designer was still appalling with communication although it was mainly the store that had all the issues. 

I hope you get some kind of compensation x

• GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 930 New bride

In the immortal words of Elsa from Frozen, let it go. Seems like you’re holding the shop and designer to ransom for compensation. 

Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.

My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • PeaseblossomPeaseblossom Posts: 43 New bride

GinAndBling, that seems very unfair. How would you feel if you ended up spending over 5000 euros on a dress that had so many flaws, and had to go through all that stress? 

Perhaps. But the lady in question looked beautiful in the dress,  admits it was more than she should have spent and has gone to the effort of making a webpage and posted it on a UK site complaining about her experience of a dress shop in Milan. 

I might be a cynic but it seems this would be best placed discussed with the shop directly, or even a review that hey can actually respond to. No offence was meant but I think you need to move on.

• KittyFiennesKittyFiennes Posts: 775 New bride

Until you've spent thousands on something that's supposed to help create an incredible memory and that item completely fails to deliver, you have absolutely no idea how hurt and disappointed this woman is.  I've had this experience with a wedding dress and I know exactly how she feels.  And I wasn't even out half as much time and money as she was. There is no way I'd just walk away and "enjoy being married."  You wouldn't do this if you were sold a faulty car or appliance, and you certainly shouldn't do so for something of far more sentimental value as a wedding dress.

Best luck to the OP, I hope you are refunded at least some part of your costs and that you find closure.

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

Yes the bride looks beautiful in her dress but she has been treated awfully by the store/brand. OP, I'm shocked such a major designer/store would treat you like that. The email they sent you was awful. I'd be furious if I was treated like that so I don't blame you for pursuing it.

• Julia82Julia82 Posts: 123

I do agree OP has been treated really very badly and clearly the dress is not up to standard for the money. I also suspect she is a total nightmare and behaving in a way that will reduce her chances of getting any money back to almost zero. Somewhere between the two will be the real story.

However I am grateful for the top tip not to fly to Milan for my dress which I was seriously considering doing before reading this. 

Julia82 wrote (see post):

I do agree OP has been treated really very badly and clearly the dress is not up to standard for the money. I also suspect she is a total nightmare and behaving in a way that will reduce her chances of getting any money back to almost zero. Somewhere between the two will be the real story.

However I am grateful for the top tip not to fly to Milan for my dress which I was seriously considering doing before reading this. 

^^ this. 

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 1,762 New bride

Stories like this are why we are keeping our wedding very simple - the more complicated you try to make things, the more stressful it all becomes....and then when it goes wrong, it goes horribly wrong.

I do think you have been badly treated but your contract etc is with the shop in Milan, not CC, so I don't know why you are expecting redress from them really. As for the other company in Milan, you'd do better directing your energy at taking them to a small claims court than creating potentially defamatory websites.

• Barbie3Barbie3 Posts: 340
    MrsCToBee wrote (see post):

I do think you have been badly treated but your contract etc is with the shop in Milan, not CC, so I don't know why you are expecting redress from them really. As for the other company in Milan, you'd do better directing your energy at taking them to a small claims court than creating potentially defamatory websites.

^ This!

it seems all the issues was caused by the shop, so the website and threads like this warning people against buying *from* the designer could be seen as defamatory / libellous