What's your best DIY?

I've got a few DIY ideas I want to do but don't get married until next September and have already sorted/in the process of sorting most suppliers - so I want a bit more DIY to do to keep me busy. 

Just wanted to see pictures of what your best bits of DIY have been or inspiration pics of what you want to do! 

• AwhelenqtAwhelenqt Posts: 778 New bride

imageimage

I love my hoops the most! I'm so proud of how quick and cheap they were to make.

imageimage

I'm also really happy with my signage and shrinky dink acrylic place names!

imageimageimage

I did all our save the dates and wax seals etc as well. I need to do the proper invitations but still deciding how I want them to look.

I'm sure there's loads more for me to do that I've not thought of yet. I'm also making bunting out of paper cranes so instead of putting a triangle of fabric on the string, I'm putting a length of thread with a few cranes dangling. Should look really impactful!

Honestly my one piece of advice is to learn cursive and then faux calligraphy if you don't already know how  to. It opens up lots of possibilities!

• MrsMcSMrsMcS Posts: 235

Not nearly as impressive as Helen's, but we just finished our post box at the weekend and I'm really pleased with it!

• MrsW-22MrsW-22 Posts: 354 New bride

imageimageimage

We are having a geeky themed wedding with dragon eggs and paper flowers. Still got quite a bit to go

• ShitGotRealShitGotReal Posts: 435 New bride

image image image image image

Ive DIY'd a bit, but the most time consuming, and expensive (probably wouldn't have cost much more to get them made) were my invitations. If you've got the time and patience though id advise to go for it as im really happy with how they turned out and because i designed every aspect myself, they're a lot more personal than having them made professionally. 

image image

• britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,453 New bride

I am loving all these DIY efforts.  If only I could post something myself.  My best DIY is employing people to DIY it for me 

• MrsL-GMrsL-G Posts: 85

Wish I had used pretty flowers like Helen! 

• FutureMrsTomlinFutureMrsTomlin Posts: 407 New bride
    Awhelenqt wrote (see post):

imageimage

I love my hoops the most! I'm so proud of how quick and cheap they were to make.

imageimage

imageimageimage

I did all our save the dates and wax seals etc as well. I need to do the proper invitations but still deciding how I want them to look.

I'm sure there's loads more for me to do that I've not thought of yet. I'm also making bunting out of paper cranes so instead of putting a triangle of fabric on the string, I'm putting a length of thread with a few cranes dangling. Should look really impactful!

Honestly my one piece of advice is to learn cursive and then faux calligraphy if you don't already know how  to. It opens up lots of possibilities!

Wow all your DIY is amazing! Where did you get your hoops from if you don't mind me asking? 

Definitely plan to learn calligraphy, is cursive the text you've used for your signage? (Sorry I know nothing about fonts!) It looks amazing! 

MrsMcS wrote (see post):

Not nearly as impressive as Helen's, but we just finished our post box at the weekend and I'm really pleased with it!

Oh wow that looks incredible! Did you use card to make it? 

Fiona98 wrote (see post):

imageimageimage

We are having a geeky themed wedding with dragon eggs and paper flowers. Still got quite a bit to go

Oh wow they look great, love that you're doing such different things! 

ShitGotReal wrote (see post):

image image image image image

Ive DIY'd a bit, but the most time consuming, and expensive (probably wouldn't have cost much more to get them made) were my invitations. If you've got the time and patience though id advise to go for it as im really happy with how they turned out and because i designed every aspect myself, they're a lot more personal than having them made professionally. 

image image

Oh wow you've done loads! The invitations look amazing! I definitely want to make my own although I'll see how well my attempts come out! Did you cut the pocket folds yourself or buy them and stick everything in? 

MrsL-G wrote (see post):

Wish I had used pretty flowers like Helen! 

Wow that looks incredible! Where did you get your hoop from please? 

• MrsMcSMrsMcS Posts: 235
    FutureMrsTomlin wrote (see post):
    MrsMcS wrote (see post):

Oh wow that looks incredible! Did you use card to make it? 

We got the post box from Hobbycraft, it was plain brown card. We spray painted it red and I designed and printed the sign on Publisher :)

• AwhelenqtAwhelenqt Posts: 778 New bride
    FutureMrsTomlin wrote (see post):
    Awhelenqt wrote (see post):

imageimage

imageimage

imageimageimage

Wow all your DIY is amazing! Where did you get your hoops from if you don't mind me asking? 

Definitely plan to learn calligraphy, is cursive the text you've used for your signage? (Sorry I know nothing about fonts!) It looks amazing! 

B&m for the hoops - £2 and a can of spray paint that I already had! The foliage and flowers are all from the range and home bargains.

Yeah cursive is just the joined up loopy font :)

• MrsLMTMrsLMT Posts: 3,830

I absolutely loved the DIY wedding. I made all the invitation and decorations. I made bunting, fabric flowers, designed for the signs. There was very little I didn’t do. But my favourite was my table plan. 

• stacey147stacey147 Posts: 108

Mine will be my flowers when they are all grown and done, as I am growing all my own flowers! 

Also done all std’s, invites, place settings, cutlery tags, favors, post box, table centers etc 

image image 

image image

image image 

image image

• CoffeeDogAddictCoffeeDogAddict Posts: 476 New bride

im so in awe of all your skills everyone!! im definitely going to pinch some ideas i think and give things a go! i have 20 months anyway so plenty of time if i get it wrong!