Lip fillers

I've wanted lip injections forever and I think I've decided that I'm definitely gonna get it done for the wedding. Obviously I don't wanna do it for the first time just for the big day in case I don't like it or I have a reaction etc so I'm thinking of trying it out soon. Does anyone get this done?

How do you go about it because I knew there's laws about prescriptions and i recently saw a documentary about dodgy practices which has made me nervous. Also how much do you usually pay?

(Bonus if anyone can recommend anywhere in either Leeds or Milton Keynes)

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,130 New bride

I’ve always gone to Flawless Cosmetic - don’t be put off by some of their Instagram images showing really OTT / unnatural looks, I’ve always had 0.5ml which gives a really natural subtle plump and bit of definition. I’m in London so generally more expensive than out of London so not sure how prices would compare. Would really recommend them and would never go anywhere else now. They’re all over the country I think. Just be careful and do your research. I see far too many women with really obvious filler which I think is sometimes the result of looking for the cheapest option and seeing someone who isn’t well trained, I’ve got friends who have ended up with lumpy lips etc. Be so so careful with who you choose and don’t just look for the best price, the product costs a certain amount so anyone who is offering a real bargain I would worry what they were putting in me! Also definitely don’t do it too close to the wedding as you do get bruising and swelling sometimes and your lips are hard for a couple of days and my fiancé says i’m Horrid to kiss!

• AwhelenqtAwhelenqt Posts: 778 New bride
    Ashley72 wrote (see post):

I’ve always gone to Flawless Cosmetic - don’t be put off by some of their Instagram images showing really OTT / unnatural looks, I’ve always had 0.5ml which gives a really natural subtle plump and bit of definition. I’m in London so generally more expensive than out of London so not sure how prices would compare. Would really recommend them and would never go anywhere else now. They’re all over the country I think. Just be careful and do your research. I see far too many women with really obvious filler which I think is sometimes the result of looking for the cheapest option and seeing someone who isn’t well trained, I’ve got friends who have ended up with lumpy lips etc. Be so so careful with who you choose and don’t just look for the best price, the product costs a certain amount so anyone who is offering a real bargain I would worry what they were putting in me! Also definitely don’t do it too close to the wedding as you do get bruising and swelling sometimes and your lips are hard for a couple of days and my fiancé says i’m Horrid to kiss!

Do you have to go to a doctor first to get a prescription?

• CFWCFW Posts: 234

You definitely do not get a prescription, it's purely cosmetic. I always advise to go to a nurse or qualified medical professional rather than someone in a beauty clinic who has done a course, as the results are always much better. Definitely get 0.5mls to start with but be aware that if you do it before wedding, getting another 0.5mls just before wedding will give you an even plumper lip unless you let it completely die down before refilling. Hope that helps!

• Becky111Becky111 Posts: 208 New bride

I had 1ml before Christmas. If you have larger lips 0.5ml will not be noticeable at all. I was in pain for a couple of days and the day after I was so upset I thought I'd made a huge mistake they were massive. Two weeks after and they were perfect. I paid £200 and went to KL Advanced Cosmetics in Doncaster. Kirsty is lovely and explained everything in detail. 

I'm saving up to have two more sessions before the wedding. They really didn't last long but she did say that would happen with my first treatment. I've uploaded my before and after for you. 

I've found a place near me in pudsey (Leeds) called advanced skin lounge and I can get 0.55ml for £180.

Has anyone been to one of these salons before? They're a chain.

Eventually I want like blow up doll, Charlotte crosby lips but I don't want to do it straight away in case I really don't like it haha I definitely don't  want it to be subtle though as it'll feel like a waste of money and my lips are non existent anyway.

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,130 New bride
    Awhelenqt wrote (see post):

I've found a place near me in pudsey (Leeds) called advanced skin lounge and I can get 0.55ml for £180.

Eventually I want like blow up doll, Charlotte crosby lips but I don't want to do it straight away in case I really don't like it haha I definitely don't  want it to be subtle though as it'll feel like a waste of money and my lips are non existent anyway.

The only thing I’d say is remember it’s easier to add than take away! So start with a small dose and increase gradually to get the look you want. They don’t last forever but six or twelve months is a long time to have lips you hate!

Ashley72 wrote (see post):
    Awhelenqt wrote (see post):

The only thing I’d say is remember it’s easier to add than take away! So start with a small dose and increase gradually to get the look you want. They don’t last forever but six or twelve months is a long time to have lips you hate!

Yeah I'll definitely start with the 0.5 and see how my lips react to it - if it's unoticable then I'll know to get 1ml for the wedding! That's why I'm wanting to start trialing it now just over a year in advance.

I've had a look on the Farsley branch's Facebook page and they've had 93 reviews, all 5 star except one which was about a massage anyway which is definitely a good start! And £180 from what yall have said sounds reasonable. And they do a consultation before you book in for the treatment which I like!

• stacey147stacey147 Posts: 108

£160 for 0.5ml by me (midlands)

• I hope this doesn’t sound hugely insensitive, but I am just hoping to offer some constructive advice. 

I saw on your planning thread the bad news about your financial circumstances, where you wrote that you are only eating one meal a day and can’t afford clothes for your baby. If this is the case, why are you considering a cosmetic procedure at all? I know you may be unhappy with how you’re lips look, but surely your childs welfare is more important? 

With that being said, I thought I’d offer an alternative to lip fillers. I don’t know if you're aware of plumping glosses, but they can give you a temporary plumping effect. It might be worth trying out as they only cost a couple of £ and might give you enough of an effect to make you feel more confident on your wedding day.

BornBridezilla wrote (see post):

I hope this doesn’t sound hugely insensitive, but I am just hoping to offer some constructive advice. 

I saw on your planning thread the bad news about your financial circumstances, where you wrote that you are only eating one meal a day and can’t afford clothes for your baby. If this is the case, why are you considering a cosmetic procedure at all? I know you may be unhappy with how you’re lips look, but surely your childs welfare is more important? 

With that being said, I thought I’d offer an alternative to lip fillers. I don’t know if you're aware of plumping glosses, but they can give you a temporary plumping effect. It might be worth trying out as they only cost a couple of £ and might give you enough of an effect to make you feel more confident on your wedding day.

Yeah this post was written before I found out my benefits had been rejected. We'd assumed once we started getting them again we'd be back on track financially in a couple months then I could get fillers but obviously in light of the new situation that won't happen... Also because I have BPD I tend to overreact to things and blow them out of proportion as an initial reaction.