Wedding skincare

When is the best time to start the wedding skincare regime?

My MOH works for Elemis and has brought me a set to use before the wedding.

I was thinking starting 3 months before?

Also, what other things are you all doing apart from waxing and tan as I’ve already got those booked in.

Wanted to get all your advice/opinions rather than ask my MOH.

• Lexi90Lexi90 Posts: 971

I would think at least 3 months, I would go for more like 6 if you’ve got the time! You can’t know whats going to suit you or whether you skin needs time to adjust. I don’t think it’s ever too early. 

Ive had a lash and brow tint this weekend(although I’m fair so appreciate not everyone needs that!) and having my nails done on Friday the day before my wedding! 

• MrsHowgateMrsHowgate Posts: 1,154 New bride
    Lexi90 wrote (see post):

I would think at least 3 months, I would go for more like 6 if you’ve got the time! You can’t know whats going to suit you or whether you skin needs time to adjust. I don’t think it’s ever too early. 

Ive had a lash and brow tint this weekend(although I’m fair so appreciate not everyone needs that!) and having my nails done on Friday the day before my wedding! 

Thank you. I will start from tonight.

So far I have booked for the week of the wedding: mani and pedi, waxing, facial and spray tan (following day). I am considering getting HD brows done.

• TiaMariaTiaMaria Posts: 120

If this is your first time with this particulad spray tan I would defo have at least one trial run to make sure that you don’t have any reactions and that the colour works for you! 

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

Have you had HD brows done before? If not I'd try them a while before as they can completely change your face. 

For my wedding I had nails (hard gel with Gelish overlay), eyebrows (HD brows at the time) and LVL lashes done. And I started having microdermabrasion facials 4 months before the big day due to acne scarring. 

• MrsHowgateMrsHowgate Posts: 1,154 New bride
    bella2015 wrote (see post):

Have you had HD brows done before? If not I'd try them a while before as they can completely change your face. 

For my wedding I had nails (hard gel with Gelish overlay), eyebrows (HD brows at the time) and LVL lashes done. And I started having microdermabrasion facials 4 months before the big day due to acne scarring. 

Ive not tried HD brows no so will take your advice give these a try well before the day. I am looking into microplaining I think it’s called for the skin. How did you find the microdermabrasion?

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

I loved the microdermabrasion! It made a massive difference to my skin. It was much smoother and most of my acne marks disappeared. Go for the Skinbase one though if you're thinking of having it done as its generally better than others.

I've never had microplaning but I know people who have and they were pleased with the results.

• britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,453 New bride

I have regular facials anyway, but have booked one a week- along with a massage in the month before the wedding.  I am thinking of doing lash tinting- which I will do around a week before, and then have got waxing 4 days before,  Luxury pedicure 4 days before, and luxury mani the day before :-)