Where to find a wedding photographer?

SandyCSandyC Posts: 2

Please ladies where did you find tour photographer?  I don't know where to look😅.

• DesertpixieDesertpixie Posts: 94

I actually went to a website called Fearless Photographers which is where photographers from all over the world submit their portfolios, win awards etc. You can put a tender request out so all the best photographers out there can tell you if they are available for your wedding/location/budget.

Through this we got our photographer, super excited and def within our budget. Plus he ranks in the top photographers globally and within the top 5 in the UK. 

https://www.fearlessphotographers.com/find-wedding-photographers.cfm 

Take a look, it certainly saved me a huge amount of google searching as the photographers came to me instead x 

• britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,453 New bride

I second DesertPixie. Fearless is a great source. 

• Desert-brideDesert-bride Posts: 220 New bride

I used Instagram for the USA photographer, searching hashtags to find a style I liked. I checked reviews on the knot and their own Facebook pages. 

I suspect you can do a similar thing in the U.K.  

• Laura GraceLaura Grace Posts: 316 New bride

When I was looking for mine, I went to lots of wedding fayres to meet them because how they were as a person was very important to me.  I also asked recently married friends for their recommendations and just went from there really.  Having someone who had a paid-for award wasn't something that I was really into (and not now that I'm a photographer too) but each to their own 

• Hey Sandy!

Congratulations on your engagement!! We are a photographer duo, based in London, and we would love to shoot your wedding. I know it's an absolute minefield trying to look for one, there's so many out there! We shoot documentary style, and have a very fun and relaxed feel to our work.

We can tailor a package to suit most budgets, and travel all over the UK (and abroad)!

Our website is www.lasephotography.com and our instagram is www.instagram.com/lasephotogprahy.

If you would like to get in touch our email is [email protected]

:)

Good luck with the planning!

Sam xx

• Darius3Darius3 Posts: 2

Hi Sandy 

Welcome to the fun craziness of planning your wedding, I am currently going through it so understand not knowing where to start. 

I am a photographer with a passion for weddings along with my work partner Stephen. We would love the opportunity to work with you on your big day. 

We offer both photography and videography in a package to suit you and your partner. 

For more information you could email me at [email protected] 

Thanks 

• LizzieBHLizzieBH Posts: 196

Wedding blogs! I spent ages browsing and looking at photos from other people's weddings, and when I saw some I liked, I made a note of the photographer. Seeing their work tells you so much more than meeting them in person or friends' recommendations, because everyone's taste is different.

• 2k19Bride2k19Bride Posts: 25 New bride

Hi SandyC!

My wedding venue provided me with some recommendations.

Also on Facebook I typed in the venue and looked at public posts, it displayed previous photographers work who had tagged themselves there. 

But we actually found our chosen photographer at a wedding fayre.