Adult and child bridesmaids

So I have one best friend... there are plenty of people I could have asked to be part of my wedding party but I am not close to them like I used to be. I decided to have my three nieces as bridesmaids along with my best friend who will be maid of honor. The problem I seem to be having is with the dresses.

It would have been simple if they were all young but the eldest is going to be 15 and will probably wear an adult size by next year as she tall so I need two adult and two child dresses. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to buy 'proper' bridesmaids dresses as I'll be buying them myself and don't have a huge budget. I would like for the four of them to be in similar if not the same dresses. So far I have only found chi chi clothing that do matching dresses but were not the colour I was hoping for. Does anyone know of anywhere else that does matching/similar adult and child dresses. Hopefully someone has been in the same situation and can help me.

Thank you!

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 1,761 New bride

Monsoon do coordinating adult and child dresses I think.....but can't you just have the two 'adults' in a adult dress and the kids in a kid's dress? I don't know how old the youngest is but if she's say, 8 years old, if I was your friend I'd feel a bit weird stood in the same dress as 3 kids.

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,130 New bride

Agree with the above - the ones who fit in to adults dresses could wear adults and just try to get similar colours for the little ones. More likely to be able to find just a child's party dress to match - likely cheaper than trying to find specific bridesmaids dresses that will fit all. The multiway dresses might be a good shout as they do them in tons of colours now, can be bought on the high street and also can be worn to flatter them - assuming a sixteen year old and grown woman may have quite different figures!

• Hullass1972Hullass1972 Posts: 517 New bride

I had 2 adult bridesmaids and 2 junior bridesmaids and they had totally different dresses. The adults had proper dresses in the burgundy and the little ones had cream dresses from Monsoon so that we weren't struggling to find the same colour to match. They all looked great together because we mixed up the flowers so the adults had cream roses and the little ones had red roses.image