HELP! eyebrow wax burn FOUR days before wedding!!

Erin34Erin34 Posts: 18

I get married on Wednesday and I went to get my eyebrows waxed today. The same lady i always go to, I've never had a bad reaction before. Of course this time I get some nice pink burns below my eyebrow. She noticed right away that It had gone pink and told me to keep applying aloe vera. 

Does anyone have any tips on how I can get rid of it/make it heal fast? I've had one of these before years ago it looked awful after a few days, dark red and scabby. I'm so upset. 

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 1,763 New bride

Aloe to take the heat out and antiseptic to stop it getting infected, plus just keep moisturising is all I can suggest.

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

Aloe Vera throughout the day, there's not much else you can do I'm afraid. Hopefully it will be gone in a few days. just don't keep messing with it as you'll possibly make it worse.

was the wax too hot or did you have an allergic reaction? I've been having my eyebrows done for years and never had any burns before. 

• AwhelenqtAwhelenqt Posts: 778 New bride

All the above advice and on the day use a colour corrector (green neutralises red)

• Mountaingirl2Mountaingirl2 Posts: 17

As the above! I once had a similar reaction, I used ice/frozen vegatables and aloe vera to calm in down. Made sure not to use any harsh face washes, peels or masks for the next week. I was surprised down reasonably quickly so fingers crossed for you too. My skin is easily annoyed so i also have redness relief cream that i used after a few days before applying make-up.

I hope it clears up soon and good luck for your wedding :) 

• NikkiMNikkiM Posts: 1,416 New bride

I had a bit of eyebrow burn after getting my eyebrows done for my wedding. I had mine done around 4/5 days beforehand and all I could do was moisturise the hell out of it. It was a bit scaley afterwards and on the day my make up lady rubbed as much dead skin off as she could and covered it with make up. You would have never known it had been burnt beforehand!

• Issa19unionIssa19union Posts: 123

Eek try arnica cream or gel and if all else fails a good camouflage concealer should cover it right up x

• Erin34Erin34 Posts: 18

Everything worked out fine and they were healed up by the wedding. thanks everyone for your help!!!xxxx