โ€บ

An Electric Wedding, November 2018

13ยป

• Ozzy2bOzzy2b Posts: 143
    FutureMrsTomlin wrote (see post):

Sorry to hear you're doubting your decisions but it sounds like just pre-wedding irrational worries. All the things you've binned off are stupid wastes of money, I've been to weddings with/without these things and I've either not really noticed them if they were there or not missed them if they weren't. Your wedding will be amazing and good on you for doing what you want, stick to your guns! 

Also love the sound of the joint hen, we got engaged on Arthur's seat so always a special place to me! 

Thank you! It's actually been a massive weight off my mind to have a wobble and then really think about it. We've got a totally manageable list of things to do over the next couple of weeks, and just starting to feel quite calm and relaxed about it all now - excited yes, but not worrying.

The joint hen/stag was actually one of the best ideas we have had and it was lovely to spend the time together just doing mostly non wedding related stuff. We love Edinburgh but had never been to Arthur's Seat - it's a stunning place for an engagement!

Got a whole load of stuff done yesterday - finished the cinema poster, ordered a copy to serve as our guestbook, sorted out all our on screen bits during the wedding, defrosted and tested cupcakes successfully, ordered bridesmaids shoes, and nearly completed the evening playlists! So of course we have both woken up this morning with horrible colds  Hoping we can get all the illnesses out of the way now! 

So..the wedding is a week tomorrow! Just been sorting through all my lists and unless I have forgotten something crucial and major, there is very little left to do. Feeling quite proud of ourselves for sorting everything we have done without going over the top and creating a load of work for ourselves on the day. We’ve been lucky to have brilliant and organised people at both our venues looking after us and sharing ideas which have helped us to make the day we want.

Tomorrow we’ve got a rehearsal at The Electric and K wants to look for cufflinks

Sunday I am going to finish off my jars for LED tealights for The Electric (decorated with glitter and tissue paper, hope no one looks too closely!)

Monday and Tuesday are normal work days

Wednesday I finish work, and am getting my nails done (first time ever!!)

Thursday is cupcake day – defrost a load, bake a few, decorate all of them. Guests start arriving Thursday but we have kept our schedule really light as K is still at work. After dinner drinks in Birmingham with a few folk in the evening.

Friday – both off work, need to deliver cupcakes to Hotel du Vin, decorations and dress to The Electric and check ourselves and a carload of DJ equipment into the hotel! We’ve got 22 of us booked for a meal in the evening at one of our favourite restaurants – even with a small wedding there’s so many people to see on the day so having a good catch up the night before takes a bit of pressure off.

Saturday we have the rough plan – hair starts at 7.30am as there’s 4 of us but there shouldn’t be any other set up etc. needed so hopefully quite a chilled morning before heading over to The Electric. I expected to have to set up décor, but no, they are doing all that for us!  K is meeting an ever growing number of people in the pub before heading to The Electric for just before 12, and we get married at 1pm.

Even though I know what will happen on the day and where we’ll be at any given point (our photographer told me I gave him way more itinerary details than he would normally get!!) I have no idea how it will actually feel on the day. Getting married is something that I really never thought I would do. I had never imagined or dreamed my wedding day, and although I had thought about marrying K after we met and knew that he wanted to get married at some point, I really don’t have any idea how it will be for me. So I’m looking forward to finding out..

• Just binged your whole thread, your wedding sounds awesome and your venue is so cool. Hope you enjoy your last week in the run up! 

CavalierBride wrote (see post):

Just binged your whole thread, your wedding sounds awesome and your venue is so cool. Hope you enjoy your last week in the run up! 

Thank you! Looking forward to it now ๐Ÿ˜Š and hoping to just be able to relax and enjoy the next few days! 

Honeymoon! Thought I would write a little about this as it’s  a bit of a moveable feast at the moment. 

First plan - Vietnam. We’ve both always wanted to go and we worked out that we could both use the late Easter next year to maximise our time off. As a bonus I have family in Singapore so we could do a stopover. 

Unfortunately, nerves about Brexit have affected both work and real life. K works in an industry, though not in a role, which will be massively affected by no deal. As such he can’t book any time off next year yet and we don’t know when/if that will change.

i was getting increasingly worried about booking flights, and now that someone in government has actually admitted that a) flights could well be affected and b) travel insurance companies have started saying they won‘t cover Brexit related delays we’re not taking the chance. We’ll get there another time. 

So we have two alternatives options - driving to and through Italy (which also depends on ability to leave the country) or Scottish Highlands and Islands. I think I would be happy with any option as all are new to us ๐Ÿ˜Š

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,927 New bride
    Ozzy2b wrote (see post):

Honeymoon! Thought I would write a little about this as it’s  a bit of a moveable feast at the moment. 

First plan - Vietnam. We’ve both always wanted to go and we worked out that we could both use the late Easter next year to maximise our time off. As a bonus I have family in Singapore so we could do a stopover. 

Unfortunately, nerves about Brexit have affected both work and real life. K works in an industry, though not in a role, which will be massively affected by no deal. As such he can’t book any time off next year yet and we don’t know when/if that will change.

i was getting increasingly worried about booking flights, and now that someone in government has actually admitted that a) flights could well be affected and b) travel insurance companies have started saying they won‘t cover Brexit related delays we’re not taking the chance. We’ll get there another time. 

So we have two alternatives options - driving to and through Italy (which also depends on ability to leave the country) or Scottish Highlands and Islands. I think I would be happy with any option as all are new to us ๐Ÿ˜Š

Due to Brexit uncertainty, we are going to book a minimoon to Northern Ireland, then we are going to book our actual honeymoon (hopefully Mexico but possibly mainland Europe) after the wedding. We just don't want to commit to another financial outlay on top of the wedding, if Brexit does cause issues with either travel or redundancy for us.

• Oh god, I didn’t even really think about Brexit when thinking about travel, but completely see the need to wait and see. 

We will be doing a minimoon straight after too, originally we were thinking somewhere in the UK but then my OH has never been to Paris and I love it *so* much so that was our other thought. Hopefully we’ll be ok/ able to leave the country by October next year but they way it’s all going who bloody knows!

I think Scotland is a great option, there’s some breathtaking scenery and I think it would be really romantic. 

• Candice9Candice9 Posts: 230 New bride

We are minimooning in the highlands, a log cabin with a hot tub and wood burning stove (next week!!), can't wait! 

We are married! Still quite overwhelmed by it all..it was exactly what we wanted and we are thrilled that everyone enjoyed as much as we did ๐Ÿ˜Š

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,927 New bride

Congrats!!

• Congratulations! I’m glad you had a wonderful day. Will you do a report? 

• Congratulations!!! Im so pleased you had such an incredible time, and would love to see a report if you have the time! 

Thank you! I will be doing a report - still not sure about whether that will include any personal photos, as that is something I have avoided here to date. We have got some lovely ones though, both professional and non, so will think on that! For the moment just still winding down from the day. We are both so happy but also physically and emotionally exhausted by the last few days ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,137 New bride

Congratulations! Glad everything turned out perfectly! Enjoy the newlywed bubble!