Bridesmaid colour help!

We're getting married abroad next year in a garden setting. All of our flowers will be white with foliage / eucalyptus. Men will be in navy. H2B will be in navy with a pale grey blue waistcoat (think Beckham at the Royal wedding!). I thought I'd go for a pale blue/grey colour dress for the bridesmaids BUT I've now chosen my dress and I don't think the bridesmaid colour will work next to it at all! Help!!

The underneath layer of my dress is a bronze colour with ivory tulle overlays. On, it looks a kind of muted mink / dark blush colour. I've added a photo to explain it. It looks different in different lights and from the back more ivory because there's more of the tulle.

The lady in the shop suggested a pale pink but my best friend got married last year and we all wore that colour bridesmaid dress so I really don't want to do the same. I'm also not keen on lilac. There was a dress in the shop which was a sort of mink colour (between a dusky pink / mauve / beige, depending on which person you asked!). The only thing is it was a designer dress over £200 each and I've six bridesmaids so was really hoping to stay on the high street for their dresses and I can't find anything in the right sort of colour. 

Does anyone have any suggestions either for dress or another colour that might work well without throwing the whole look off? I want really muted neutral colours - overall look will be lots of whites, greys, foliage and candles etc. I've got until next May so could wait and see what spring brings but ideally wanted them sorted sooner than that, or at least having a backup in place, in case we can't find anything.

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,217 New bride

I think grey, silver, champagne or mink colours - maybe like this mink dress from Monsoon?

Our colours are navy, coral and gold with a tiny hint of mint. My dress is gold/champagne with an ivory overlay and my bridesmaids are wearing navy, flower girls ivory, then they will all have coral ribbons hanging from their flowers.. Men are in navy suits with coral/watermelon ties.

image image

• OmRumOmRum Posts: 434 New bride

You could have them in different colours (e.g. one in pale blue, one in grey, one in pale pink...) but all in the same style of dress. Your dress is stunning, by the way.

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,135 New bride

Thanks! I want everyone in the same colour ideally but a good suggestion just not sure it’ll work for us. I did think grey but was put off by the lady in the shop saying a warmer tone would probably work better. It’d be easy to find though at least. The Monsoon dress would have been ideal actually as it’s the sort of style I’d like too but it looks like it’s from an old season as it’s not in stock anywhere!

• Firstly ... Your dress is out of this world! So romantic!

What about mink? I know it's relatively pinkish but I think the SA was right about needing a warmer tone. 

Or something like this with a embellished top that brings in the silvery tones 

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,135 New bride
    Becky111 wrote (see post):

Firstly ... Your dress is out of this world! So romantic!

What about mink? I know it's relatively pinkish but I think the SA was right about needing a warmer tone. 

Or something like this with a embellished top that brings in the silvery tones 

Thank you!! I'd seen the embellished one on ASOS but they don't have any of the sizes I need in stock to try! I'm keeping an eye on there though, just didn't want to pin all my hopes on one colour which doesn't seem to be around much. I wasn't sure if the more embellished dresses on there would look a bit strange - almost too similar to mine with heavy beaded top and floaty skirt?image

• Bunny87Bunny87 Posts: 180
    Ashley72 wrote (see post)

Thank you!! I'd seen the embellished one on ASOS but they don't have any of the sizes I need in stock to try! I'm keeping an eye on there though, just didn't want to pin all my hopes on one colour which doesn't seem to be around much. I wasn't sure if the more embellished dresses on there would look a bit strange - almost too similar to mine with heavy beaded top and floaty skirt?image

I went for this but in silver/grey. I'm a bit biased but they're lovely 

• I’d move away from pink/mink tinged colours. They’re too similar to your dress. I think a gunmetal grey could work, or a mid-grey for that matter. Alternatively, you could go with a grey & pink print. I think your dress is lovely and I’d avoid anything that doesn’t accentuate it. X

• Have you thought about getting one of those infinity dresses? Seems to check a lot of your boxes. That's what I got for my bridesmaids too and they are one size fits all (you just have to choose the length of the dress) so you don't have to worry about a size being in stock. It's quite reasonably priced and comes in a lot of colours - here's the one I got for my recent wedding; there are quite a few shades close to what you're looking for, it seems: https://www.etsy.com/listing/207811830/yellow-short-infinity-dress-convertible

The best part about the dresses was that you could have them tied it in the same way for a coordinated look, or everyone could choose to tie it slightly differently to showcase their personality/style. We opted for the latter. With most of my bridesmaids flying in from overseas, it was a huge plus not to worry about size and fit ahead of time as well. Loved them! 

If you do go for this, the floor length version might be the better option. By the way, I had a really similar theme to yours - husband was in a navy suit + grey double breasted waistcoat, and the flowers were cream with lots of foliage at the ceremony venue, then at the reception venue it was a funner palette of yellow, blue, and purple. Good luck, and hope that helps!