Forum home Wedding fashion

Having dress wobbles

Thanks for all your lovely comments. I've removed the pic now as I was a bit paranoid about having up on here. x

[Modified by: chilledbride on 30 July 2008 21:12:21 ]

• clarekellclarekell Posts: 6,666
    Well I think you look beautiful - I think you may be picking at a fault that isn't there ( sorry I may not be very helpful!)

Is there any kind of underskirt you can fashion to do the job?

Have you spoken to the seamstress at the gown shop?

x x x
  • It's all about how you feel in it to be honest but I think you look gorgeous and it looks perfect!!

I have an a line style dress and with the underskirt on it looks about as full as that too.

xx
  • jules-xjules-x Posts: 458
    duno what's normal or not but its pretty and princessy....just think how a bigger skirt is going to be awkward to move around in!x
  • emmyjaneukemmyjaneuk Posts: 256
    Its really stunning! your lucky enough to have the figure to pull that style of dress off! I wanted one like that but it made my hips look massive. You look great, if you aren't happy with the petticoat and want a fuller one, shop around, go to a different shop (with your dress) and try a different one on. My local Bridal shop has said she would let me do that even though I didn't buy my dress there, although some might not like you bringing in another dress - but hey, if they want to sell you something they gotta be flexible! Good luck (but I don't think it needs to be bigger!)
  • kittyalexkittyalex Posts: 15
    Aw, you look gorgeous!

Personally I think that is 'full' enough but if you want something bigger I'd try an extra underskirt (my friend bought an extra TWO for under her gown from eBay and it worked magnificently!)
  • carney79carney79 Posts: 161
    I was just about to say try 2 underskirts!!!
  • CC2009CC2009 Posts: 520
    I think that is definitly big enough without looking OTT. I think it's maybe the material that makes it feel flatter bit when you move it'll swish and look gorgeous. Anything bigger and you'd be in mirangue terratory! I tried a dress on yesterday and felt like a iceing figure on top of a cake, too much by far!!! You look beautiful, really do x
  • happytimesukhappytimesuk Posts: 4,074
    I def think thats big enough, you look beautiful. Any bigger - and you'd be giving Jordan a run for her money! I think you look pretty, slim and stunning xx
  • WitchyAnneWitchyAnne Posts: 849
    and a BIG FLUFFY crinoline, NOT a hoop for the 2nd one, will probably do it.
  • jharris_86jharris_86 Posts: 313
    it looks beautiful!!!!!

if you want more, like the others said, go for underskirts, but if you dont, it still looks beautiful!
  • sarahj79sarahj79 Posts: 159
    i think it looks gret as it is - any bigger and the groom won't be able to get near you!
  • I think your dress looks lovely, really princessy!
  • Token_bug81Token_bug81 Posts: 266
    I think that skirt is huge!

I'm sure if you wanted it bigger it could be altered easily - speak to your fitter, they should be able to advise.
  • chilledbridechilledbride Posts: 157
    Aww thanks girls thats make me feel loads better! I was worried it looks a bit weird. I will speak to the fitter about it when I have my next fitting. Problem was that the lady in the shop was going to get in a bigger hoop for me and then she died and the new person didn't buy anything and now the wedding is only 3 weeks away I was worried it was too late to do anything.
  • mrshelen74mrshelen74 Posts: 9,282
    no i think u look perfect in your dress, good luck for the big day
  • Hi, I think your dress is perfect too and you look great x
  • You look stunning in your dress - I don't think it needs to be any bigger!!! You'd have trouble getting in and out your cars on the big day if it was!