Forum home Archived For the groom

Boudoir Shoot

Hi,

Anyone used a boudoir shoot near to Bristol, or anywhere in the South West, trying to find one that is value for money and trustworthy.

Thanks

Charlie

• Hi Charlie!

I'm not from your area but there are a few good ones down way - i've heard girls on this forum recommending Mighty Aphrodite and Venus Boudoir, both of these look great. If you fancy a shopping trip to Manchester then book in with my photographer! Nicola from

www.myboudoir.co.uk

when I went I met a girl there who'd travelled from Dorset!!

alex x
  • I'd really love to do one of these and am also south west. I googled "boudoir photography south west" and one came up in somerset, dont remember the name though im afraid but google and have a go.

How much do these shoots cost??

x x
  • Quoted:
    I'd really love to do one of these and am also south west. I googled "boudoir photography south west" and one came up in somerset, dont remember the name though im afraid but google and have a go.

How much do these shoots cost??

x x

Thanks, ive googled it and got a few ideas, the ones i have seen vary from £150 to £500 and come with a variety of things included..... im really not sure whether to go for it or not....
  • Go for it!!! It really is such a scary idea but when you're there it's just not scary at all! I had THE best time, was made to feel like a model, had a laugh and ended up with a HUGE confidence boost that I really needed at the time. As well as being a fab surprise for my bloke it was a great treat for me too - promise you won't regret it!

Look carefully at your choices though - is there lots of sample images in their galleries? If not then they prob haven't been doing it long and you may be their 'try-out'. Do the girls in the images look comfortable, sexy and gorgeous? If they all do then the photographer has done a great job both on the day and with the editing afterwards, look for polish!! Sometimes polish comes at a bit of a price premium though, weigh up your album and print prices first. My package came with an album included and also if we wanted to buy prints at a later date these were very reasonable at £14 plus, I know some of the bigger companies charge £80 for one print - eek!

I was very nervous about doing a shoot and spent ages researching beforehand, I booked Nicola on the strength of her many great recommendations on this forum, personal recs are worth their weight in gold when you have to get your kit off in front of a stranger!!!

alex x
  • VJSwedVJSwed Posts: 159
    What are the names of the companies you have found in the south west?
  • There's gorrgeous-intimates.com - they're the ones in somerset. Found a couple in cornwall and devon but they weren't what i was hoping for... they look good though but not as good as the places like mighty-aphrodite who i would love to go to but reading is a bit of a mission from where i am!!

christianmichaelportrait.com was another one

• tasha00tasha00 Posts: 680
    Hi Cox2b, where are you from? I really want to do a boudoir shoot but like u reading is a bit of a mission too, but i love mighty aphrodite's pic so thinking it maybe worth it. I cant drive, but i posted a thread a while back to see if there are any sw girls who wanted to do one and share travel costs, bit of a long shot but thought id try, hence no luck. X
  • I completely reccommend Mighty Aphrodite! Trust me girls it is worth the travelling. They made me feel so comfortable. They are a husband and wife team and so nice and down to earth and really friendly, not weird at all! I had mine today and I can't beleive how they made my body look even BEFORE the computer touch ups they do. The albums look really nice too. I did the sets "at the window" and "glamorous". It was a lot of fun and I know my h2b is going to love the pics. hard keeping it a surprise tho!

Their website is: http://www.mightyaphrodite.co.uk/home.php

Feel free to use my name as well if u book (Haylee Dudek) as we will both get an extra print for free! image x