Forum home Honeymoons

To cancel, or not to cancel....?

So, I found out on Sunday that I am 5 weeks pregnant, meaning I will be 14 weeks pregnant by the time the honeymoon comes around. Now, I know it is safe to travel in the first two trimester so that isn't a problem but I can't decide whether to cancel and maybe go somewhere in the UK instead.

We are suppose to be going to Crete for 2 weeks in July/August and I don't know if I will be too hot and uncomfortable to enjoy it? Also, H2B wants to stay in the UK in case (God forbids) anything goes wrong. Also, we still have £850 due on the honeymoon (to be paid by 1st June) which I feel guilty spending on a holiday when I know we are going to need that money for something else.

On the other hand, my sister (who has just had a baby) has pointed out that it will be the last holiday we will get just the two of us for a long, long time and so we should go and enjoy it!

Thoughts please? x

• niclou79niclou79 Posts: 1,142
    My friend had the exact same problem - she was about 16 weeks at the wedding. They'd been booked for Mexico, which the doctor advised against just for the water etc. and changed to Florida. She couldn't go on any of the rides, but she still absolutely loved it. That was in August, so very hot. It depends whether you're normally a 'hot' person I guess, but don't avoid going abroad. You're sister's so right with it being your last trip as a couple!
  • Mrs-L-2bMrs-L-2b Posts: 1,702
    Firstly, congratulations!!

Only you can make that decision, but personally i wouldnt cancel. I think you will be fine in the heat, you will only have a little bump so its not like you will be heavily pregnant. Flying is perfectly safe, just make sure you keep hydrated and move around during the flight. Just make sure you have adequate travel insurance.
  • becki989becki989 Posts: 198
    Hi

When i was pregnant i went on holiday to spain at around 12 weeks. I was fine, the heat wasnt to bad, and at that stage your not very big so personally i dont think you will have any problems. They do advise to get up every half hour on the flight to have a walk. And like your sister said it will be the last holiday youll have for years. I say go for it! he he

Hope this helps.

Becki xx