Forum home Archived For the groom

Honest Opinion

Can you give me your honest opinion please?

I have come across these Cuff Links with Bride and groom fingerprints on them, http://www.signaturesilver.co.uk/shop.php?dep=32

am thinking of getting them for my H2B for the wedding gift but not sure he would like them....can I have some male feedback please?

• Im not male but thought I would post as there doesnt seem to be a lot of male activity on this forum.

However, I have considered these myself and discussed with H2B as I was going to get him the cufflinks and a necklace made for myself with his fingerprint on. He really likes the idea- says its something more personal that you can keep forever and wear again (unlike other wedding cufflinks that say groom)

Hope this helps!
  • It wouldn't be my cup of tea. It falls into the category of the jumper a nan would knit someone and would only wear it when visiting. image

Maybe if the metal was etched with the print then fair enough but it looks a bit uncool.
  • MrsJKMrsJK Posts: 463
    ooooh Im afraid I agree with Chris, I think they are a bit tacky but that is just MY opinion so please dont be offended

H2B did not like them either and we were both shocked at the price imageimageimage

But at the end of the day, if you think your H2B will like them then go for it, you have only got yourselves to please.

• amyyearleyamyyearley Posts: 3,442
    sorry I don't like it, but you know your H2B better than anyone, if you think he'd appreciate it, GO FOR IT! xx
  • hmmm i disagree, i quite like them, especially the "rustic-ness" off them xx
  • I agree I like them too.... A little further down are square ones with the wedding date on they're very sentimental!!

Having said that my husband says "erm NO, nice idea but it's not obvious what they are!"

• Thanks everyone for your opinions!

Think I'll still go for them though. He said he'd still wear them after the wedding for work etc too so i guess the money is worth it. There seems to be 2 different types of cufflinks and the Groom ones are much cheaper which i think is good.

Has anyone else come across any other personalised jewellery anywhere cos i'll be scouring the web for my gems soon!!

• hi Hannah

theres another company that i have seen at craft fairs who do fin ger print jewllery they are a uk wide company the web address is http://www.smallp.co.uk

hope this helps

Tara
  • Sorry but I don't like them, body parts eeeeugggh! but that's just me and my opinion image