Forum home The wedding budget

Foundation recommendations?

Hi ladies. I'm on the look out for a new foundation and am after recommendations. Any ideas? x

• Chanel Vitaluminere. I used Clinique for years but now wouldn't turn back.

xx
  • missf24missf24 Posts: 33
    I love chantecaille, my skin is really mixed, dry in some areas and oily in others, I use the oil free version and my skin looks flawless and it stays put all day. You can get it in Space NK, it is pricey but is skincare and foundation in one. I use Nars concealer with it for any little blemishes. Also make sure you apply with a brush whatever foundation you use, it goes on much more evenly and blends better. xx
  • MRCJMRCJ Posts: 225
    I tried Vital Lumiere after a recommendation on RMW and unfortunately my skin is between shades i.e. in one I look like a ghost and in another I look like I have jaundice.

To be honest, having tried the usual - Mac, LM etc - I find the best one for me is Bare Minerals. I like how it doesn't make my skin feel clogged up. The concealer isn't as good (i.e. not thick though for me) on hopping red blemishes or undereyes so I use Laura Mercier for that
  • I used to use Benefit True Story foundation but they've stopped making it image

Currently trying out Estee Lauder Double Wear Light and EL Nutritious. Both giving good coverage without feeling too heavy. Think I prefer Nutritious.

I'd suggest going to make-up counters and trying different ones on different days until you find the one you're happiest with.
  • I swear by Giorgio Armarni Fluid Silk foundation (always use primer and apply with good quality foundation brush) I am seriously pale and have problem skin to boot, however the foundation is the best I've ever tried. The texture and colour is so natural but gives amazing coverage, I have tried pretty much every foundation on the market.

I also hear that Chantecaille is very good from SpaceNK.
  • Thanks so much for the recommendations ladies. I normally get my make up from Selfridges rather than SpaceNK - not sure why it's just not a place I've thought of before but I'll def be heading down there this weekend. There's even one super near me so no excuses image Have just bought lots of Bobbi Brown brushes so when shopping this weekend I'll def be getting a new foundation to make the most of them! xx
  • new-mrsbnew-mrsb Posts: 2,015 New bride
    Over the years i have tried the Bobbi Brown, chanel, christian Dior, bare escentuals etc and i have now found the best one for me is My Face, it gives great coverage wthout being cakey and stays put all day.
  • I got the Armani one in the end - thanks all but esp sweetie_k1! It gave a really lovely finish so really pleased, but am def saving what you all said for next time I buy a foundation cause I seem to want to change each time! x