Forum home You & Your Baby

Due 26th October - date buddy?

Hi!!

Just wondered if anyone is due the same time as me and wants to share all the ups, down etc of their pregnancy?!!

• JolouHarrisJolouHarris Posts: 41
    Hi i'm due 21st October 2011, thats nearly your date lol x.

How you feeling?, i'm nervous, anxious but sooooo excited xxx
  • KittenHeelsKittenHeels Posts: 267
    Hey JolouHarris,

Yep I'm the same!! Seems to be flying by, I heard the babys heart beat the other day - was amazing. Also off for the 20 week scan on the 7th June, can't wait to see him/her again and maybe find out what we are having!!

Have you had your 20wk scan yet?

Had bad morning sickness at the beginning but fine now, how have you been?

xxx
  • JolouHarrisJolouHarris Posts: 41
    I've got my 20 week scan 2nd June we're not going to find out the sex though as we want a surprise! Like you i can't wait to see the baby again to make it even more real.

I think i'm still in "i can't believe it mode" lol.

I haven't actually been sick but had the awful feeling i'm about too, and i'm just soooooo tired i could fall asleep stood up.

xxxxxx
  • MrsRuddersMrsRudders Posts: 2,761
    hey ladies I'm due 21st october too! My 20 week scan is a little late on 7th June as they got my dates wrong at first. Hoping to find out what we are having as its our second child so have all the boy stuff from my son already.

Feeling mega light headed today and my tummy has seemed to pop from no where!

xx
    Hey Mrs Rudders!! My 20wk scan is the 07th June too!! Really can't wait. Have been feeling tiny flutters - but not sure if it's the baby or not!!

Ive def noticed a difference in the last couple of weeks, things are getting so tight around my waist now!!! xxx
    Hi Kittenheels - its my 3rd pregnancy I have a four year old, but lost a baby before xmas hence the reason I am showing quite alot. I showed at 8 weeks last time! Was in maternity by 9 weeks! This time I have quite a nice little bump, people know now I think rather than thinking I have eaten too many pies. I'm not mega slim normally just a standard size 12 however my boobs are the size of beach balls!

My midwife thinks my placenta is at the front hence the reason I've not really felt the baby. Felt my son from 17 weeks proper kicks, this time I have only felt the baby for the last week, and my goodness have I felt it! I felt sick last night he/she was moving that much! I find it quite bizarre even though I have been through it before.

Are you going to find out what you are having? We are as we still have lots of boys stuff and want to get rid if we are having a girl woooooo!!

The scan pics will be wicked this time round, can't wait. Our son said this morning he wanted to call the baby peaches if its a girl lol.

have either of you got names yet?

Our Son is called Franky (officially Frank) so we want an Victorian style name to match. We like Florence or Elsie for a girl and Stanley, Charlie, Sidney, Arnie.

I think its lucozade that is making the baby move! Its really cold which apparently is the key... if you have an ice cold drink then lay down it is supposed to get the baby moving. Best time is at night.

My baby is doing the loop at the moment its a very strange feeling lol x
    Hey Mrs Rudders - Am going to try the cold drink thing as think I have been feeling movement, but not sure!!

Cant wait to see the scan pics this time too - so excited!!

Went shopping on Sat and got some more stuff as its my belly and boobs that are huge & touch wood have not seemed to put any weight on anywhere else!!
    Cold drinks def work as do chocolate! I don't normally eat choc but had a long day yest and treated myself to a dairy milk - the baby went mad!

Are maternity clothes CRAP. I have just ordered this dress from Asos for two wedding I have to go to, going to wear magenta accessories with it so that I'm not just wearing black, black BLACK!!!

http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Maternity-Exclusive-Ruched-Midi-Dress/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1498292&cid=8343&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=-1&sort=-1&clr=Green

Can't wait for next Tue if we are able to find out I am going straight out to buy my first coloured item wahooooo!!!

I'd like to think I haven't put it on anywhere else, I have a pair of size 10 trousers on today and they fit wahooo. Ok they have a slight elasticated waist (they are wide legged ones from primark not granny ones ha ha). image

You got any names Kittenheel?
    Oooh love the dress!! I've got 2 weddings to go to aswell and also want to find something thats not black and looks like a sack!! I didn't know about that site so thanks - they have got some great dresses!!

Can't believe how quick the time is going - really excited for Tues, cant wait to see little one again!

We are off on hols on the 18th June, so have packed lots of maxi dresses!!
    The dress is very long, but it ruches up to the size of your bump so you can make it just past the knee which is actually very flattering with a bump.

ASOS rocks can't believe you didn't know about it! If you are prepared to wait for about 5 days its free delivery if you do super saver too. If you join their mailing list they often send you free next day delivery codes too image They have lots of maternity dresses on there its just about the only place that is any good in my opinion everything else is just so BORRRRING.

Yes we went to Marbella a few weeks ago for a long weekend and all I packed was maxi dresses, they make you look pregannt anyway image

How lucky are we for Tuesday eh, I am so excited!! Let me know how you get on x
    Kittenheel....only two more hours then we can say woooo we have our scan TOMORROW!!!! Good luck xxx
    Aaaaaahhhhhh!!!!! How exciting!!!!!!!

Ive been counting down the days for what seems like years for this scan!!! Think we are going to find out too, although this does change by the day!!

Good luck, and let me know how you get on!! xxx
    I will, I'd love a girl but I'm certain its a boy, my Husband thinks its a girl so we have had a £20 bet! Good luck and hope all goes well xxx
    Kittenheel I am soooooooooooo nervous!!! x
  • Good luck to both Mrs Rudders and Kittenheel, i had my scan last thursday and i couldn't believe the difference since the first scan, absolutely unbelievable. Everything was perfect we didn't find out what were having though as we want a surprise!!!!

once again good luck ladies xxxx
    Hey both,

Just had scan and as far as they can tell all is good - such a relief and sooo good to see baby again!! Wish I could have a scan every week!! Was amazing to see how much baby had grown!

We did find out what we are having but have decided not to tell anyone!!

Hope your scan went well Mrs rudders?!! xxxx
  • mookie28ukmookie28uk Posts: 64
    Glad all your scans went well ladies!! I agree, such a relief to know that everything is ok!!

I had my 20 week scan on the 21st May (due 3rd Oct), we're having a girl!!! I was sure it was a boy, so to be 100% certain we're going for a gender scan on Saturday x x x
    Hey ladies such good news to know all your scans went well, its a scary time as they can tell so much from this scan. I didn't sleep well last nite at all and was very emotional today.

We saw everything on our scan was amazing I cannot believe how well formed they are at 20 weeks! We are having a boy, believe me we don't need reassurance as I pointed it out first lol. I am very overwhelmed as I can now finally celebrate being pregnant as have been on tenderhooks since finding out at 3 weeks, with losing a baby before xmas at 12 weeks its been a rollercoaster and I hadn't realised how much I was holding back. I've spent most of the afternoon crying, partly because I am so dramatically shocked that all is ok after worrying for long but there is part of me that is sad I'm not having a girl. I know thats wrong and I should be happy the baby is healthy - I am. But I am 36 and know this will be our last child so part of me wanted a girl.

Anyhow as we already have a boy I can now sort through his baby clothes tonight to see what I can use image

Really pleased for you all that all is ok xxx
    Hey Mrs Rudders so glad it all went ok for you!!

Know what you mean I was really emotional all day and couldn't keep the grin from my face!!

I also know how you feel, I had a miscarriage 2 years ago with compications so it put me off until now - so I worried about every little twinge and was convinced I would miscarry again.

The relief seeing that little baby kicking and swallowing today was just overwhelming!!

Hey Mookie, hope you are ok and glad your scan went well too!! Not long now until all our beautiful babies will be here!!

xxxx
    Thanks Kittenheel whilst I'm not glad you have been through the same its nice to know Its not just me being paranoid if you know what I mean.

We saw him waving and mouthing at us, he was kicking and turning his head its overwhelming isn't it. I literally went to bed at 7pm for a couple of hours I was so drained. Woke up feeling like it was morning lol x
    No Mrs Rudders I know just what you mean, Im not normally the worrier type but being pregnant again made me question every little thing & worry constantly!

I've got to go for another scan at 32 weeks as a precaution due to a low placenta - but on the bright side I get to see baby again!!

Have you felt baby move much? During the scan I could feel lots of little movements, much more than I have felt before!!

So, have you got any names yet??!

xxx
    I had a low lying placenta with my son, so I got loads of scans image it moved before I gave birth so try not to worry too much which is easier said than done!

I have another scan at 34 weeks to decide when they are going to book me in for a c-section as I have a skinny pelvis (ooh I am so proud of that lol) so not sure babys head will get through hence the reason I had a C-section with Franky.

I feel him move all the time, I had nothing until about two weeks ago it went from 0 - 60mph all in one go! Nothing then constant movement and kicking! Honestly try lucozade you will be shocked!

Names are a sticking point with us we had 3 girls names that we both loved - Florence, Jessie or Elsie.

As for boys none. Well none we can agree on! I want an old fashioned victorian name to go with Franky, I like Stanley, Sydney, Arnie, Archie, Arthur etc. I also like Roman which is Polish (Husbands family are polish) but my favourite is Ronnie. Our surname begins with R so it sounds a strong name. We just can't agree on any the only name I remotely like which my husband has picked is Charlie. But I'm not over the moon about it. His first two favourites (Seriously!!) are .... Trevor or Barry. No I am not joing image
  • NowMrsShNowMrsSh Posts: 262
    OOh two more for team blue!! We are struggling with boys names too, we had a definitely name if bump was a girl!! It is so much harder to name a boy....!! xx
    Trevor & Barry??? Ha!! You poor thing!!

For a boy I really liked Seth, but husband said he would be called bad breath Seth?!! Where do they get it from?? Any name I suggested he had rhyme to go with!!

For a girl I really like Esme. I want a nice strong old fashioned name but am really stuck for girls names.

I've had much more movement since the scan & during the scan baby was moving about lots!! Cant wait to see a foot sticking out!!! Ha!

xxx
    oh blimey baby was moving so much last nite I felt either his elbow or knee so much! I pressed down with a bit of pressure and could really feel it!

Proper pregnant morning, the wardrobe door randomly fell off my sons wardrobe, so stood on the bed to put it back on and broke a slat and fell through the bed lol, in the process of falling on the bed I knocked the curtains and the rail and both curtains fell down ha ha!!

I love the name Esme, really lovely name.

Yes Trevor and Barry WTF??? Crazy. He has stopped that now and is insistent on Charlie. I'm not crazy about it but its growing on me. I love Stanley and really want that name or Ronnie.

I am 21 weeks tomorrow so over half way!

Yippeee!!!

Hope you have lots of love baby kicks over the next few days xxx
    just had to laugh at your husband rhyming the name Seth, my husband does that too every girls name I suggested he did that. good job its a boy eh!

I like the name Seth image
  • Oh mrs rudders i wanted Stanley too but every time i say the name to someone they think i've lost the plot!!!

We have our favourites at the moment but the boys may change:

For a little girl we love Scarlett Eve

and

For a little boy (which we both like) Evan James

but soooooo many people where we live have called their sons Evan.

Oh and SNAP i'm 21 weeks tomorrow too xxx
    JolouHarris - Stanley is such a cool name, I know what you mean we got that when we called our son Frank... Ok we don't call him that its always Franky but we got some proper strange looks image Wait til you are in the maternity ward and you hear some of the strange names. There was a newborn when my son was born and his name was Bill. Just so wrong for a newborn lol but bet it suits him as he gets older.

21 weeks today wahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo how exciting!!

I have just done the first coat of paint in the nursery want to get it out the way as my son breaks up from preschool in a month or so for 6 weeks so won't get chance then, after that I will be the size of a house! Recommendation if you are painting the nursery - use a paint pad, I've just done a half a room in 20 minutes no mess whatsoever and you don't waste paint!

I love Scarlett my sons little girlfriend is called Scarlett image