Forum home Archived I got married in May 2012

peonies in may

Hey hey fellow may 2012 brides!

Anyone know if peonies will be in bloom by 6th may? And if so what should i expect to pay for bouquets and arrangements etc of them?

xx

• I'd love to know this too - I'm May 5th and would love Peonies!
  • RowenaFWRowenaFW Posts: 2,078
    I don't know the answer, but I called/went in to speak to some florists and asked them what flowers were in season in my colours, and looked through pictures with them, et cetera, and they were so helpful!
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    It depends on the weather, sometimes they are there that early, it is around their season though so florists should probably be able to get hold of
  • dee2ukdee2uk Posts: 635 New bride
    hi there

well i am a florist, and they are usually available late spring, however...they are not around for very long..of course you can get them later but just be prepared for the price increase. Have you thought of having silk peonies? i can source some lovely ones and i do silk floral design..just an idea hun x
  • monkey197monkey197 Posts: 254
    Im intending on having Peonies and my florist hasnt said there are likely to be any probs, they were about that time this year, im the 12th n want peonies and roses so hopefully we'll all be ok xx
  • We are May 18th and are having Peonies. Im not sure when they are in bloom for sure, but I got the impression from my florist that it was in season. She quoted approx £70 for the bridal bouquet and £50 for the bridesmaids... it may have been slightly less.
  • Quoted:
    hi there

well i am a florist, and they are usually available late spring, however...they are not around for very long..of course you can get them later but just be prepared for the price increase. Have you thought of having silk peonies? i can source some lovely ones and i do silk floral design..just an idea hun x

Hello. I am attempting to make our table centres and have been trying to find some decent artificial peonies. Would you possibly be able to message me where you get them from? Thank you so much x
  • kate2702xkate2702x Posts: 175
    I am getting married on 26th May and my florist even advised to replace Roses with Peonies for the cost.
  • MrsCariMrsCari Posts: 19
    This is all good to hear! Peonies are my faves & I didn't even realise May was their season when I booked the wedding; don't you love it when a plan comes together?!xx
  • AraBella8AraBella8 Posts: 18
    Good Question!

I'm planning on Peonies too (9th May 2012) they are gorge and smell beautiful too!
  • catty_tcatty_t Posts: 76
    I can reliable claim they were in bloom 7th May this year... But was a very warm spring! You can always have a backup, that's what I did... I arranged with my florist if they weren't in bloom I'd have tea roses instead... Hope this helps!