Forum home You & Your Baby

fertility monitors

myself and my husband have been ttc for 5 months so far, and i've just bought the clearblue fertility monitor. has anybody used them before? any experiences good or bad would be helpful

• Haven't used one, but didn't want to read and run. I've just ordered one myself as I have heard lots of good things about them. Maybe try the sister website Baby expert? There is a TTC chat room that has lots of info about this & if you post on there you'll prob get lots of response. Good luck x
  • Hi

I just wanted to say that I bought the clearblue fertility monitor off of Amazon for bout £50. I fell pregnant the first month I used it and I am now 16 weeks pregnant. Good luck xx
  • ChardonnayChardonnay Posts: 1,761
    Have been using it to chart my cycle for a few months. Very handy as I have learned I ovulate anywhere between day 12 and day 20.... will hopefully save me a few months TTC once we start next month!
  • my friend has strongly advised me to get one of these, i brought some of the ovulation sticks but she said that they arent as good

xx
  • I bought one as I didnt trust myself to interpret the ov strips properly and I wasnt convinced I was ovulating. Turns out I was - normally about day 21 (where I had been assuming I was ovulating around about day 14!)I felt it took the stress off a little bit. I was on month 3 of using it when I fell pregnant. We wer eon our belated honeymoon and I was away from my stressful job. I think knowing when I was ovulating and not being stressed was how I actually fell pregnant. Good luck to all those trying. I dont miss peeing on those sticks though - had to do it in the dark most of the time as it should be first morning wee and most of the time that was 4am for me.
  • I have one. Its my first month of using it. I think it will be great when I get used to it. Its a right pain having to pee at the same time every day. Its a bit of a shame because of circumstances I didn't get to use all of my 'good days' this month and now I know what I have missed image