Lake District wedding, with beautiful scenery and rain... 10th September 2011

Hi,

I thought i would post my wedding photographers blog with some of our pictures from our wedding at the Waterhead hotel, Coniston.

http://wp.me/p1PBdK-1L

It may be of some inspiration to any brides getting married up in the Lakes. As i know there was not much about Lake District in the forums when i was planning.

Cant wait to see the album. It was a fantastic day even in the rain.

• Congratulations! You looked beautiful! X
  • Thanks very much, very kind.

A report will follow when i have sorted through the hundreds we seem to have!
  • congratulations. everything looks lovely. Thanks for sharing x
  • Congratulations! Looks a lovely day.

Im a lake district bride too! xx
  • Gorgeous scenery, really love your flowers and dress, and your husband ( imageimageimage !!!) looks like a lovely, warm hearted kind man, congratulations.
  • So a little report, im not great at writing so I will keep it short and brief.

I hope the photos add okay ive never tried to post photos before! Fingers crossed.

Venue

Waterhead hotel, Coniston. Slate built, 24 room country hotel with its own gardens and jetty for the all important photos by the lake. We had exclusive use including accomodation for 2k but this was offset by guests paying for their rooms so no cost. The staff make this hotel personal and we made a great choice with our limited budget.

Photographer

We chose relaxed photos that showed plenty of emotion. We could not afford most photographers but after lots of searching we found Andon from Cumbria photography. He was very professional considering it was raining and we had lots of noisy guests. He did a deal for us and we only spent £350. We are very pleased with the results. The photos are his proofs taken on the day.

Dress

I brought my dress from ebay for £30, it is an Alicia from BHS, only £120 new. It fitted perfectly with no need for alterations. As the dress did not have a train i opted for a single tier full length veil by richard designs also brought from ebay the sequins on the edge made it shimmer, loved it. The tiara was generously borrowed.

I did buy a personalised hanger with the wedding date on it, a great reminder of the day.

Bridesmaids/ushers and groom

We had two bridesmaids by sister and best friend they were brilliant. Also i recommend having another friend who can help run errands check up on the boys. Their dresses came from TK Maxx. The ushers and groom had tails from Smartgrooms online much cheaper than the shops and quick service.

• Wow, £30 for your wedding dress! It makes you think why some people want to/are prepared to pay thousands for a dress when you can get just as nice dresses.

Congratulations on your special day, it looks wonderful! x
  • trying again to add photos!