Has anyone bought their wedding dress on ebay?

Hello image

Has anyone bought their wedding dress on ebay?

If yes ~ please can you post a picture image

Thanks

C x

• I bought my wedding dress on Ebay. I went dress shopping as normal, found the one I loved and then searched until I found someone selling on on Ebay.

I was very lucky as a bridal shop in Wales was selling my dress as an ex sample, so it was brand new and I got it for less than half of the full price.

It's a Benjamin Roberts 951 and is beautiful. I wouldn't buy a dress off Ebay that was being made in China or similar as I just think it's too risky.
  • I'm considering it, because I've seen a dress on ebay and I can't find anything similar in the shops
  • I did the opposite to AJG2B!

I sold Charlotte Balbier 'Penelope' on Ebay, to a lovely lady who came round to my house and tried it on. Needless to say it looked a million times better on her than it did on me, and she bought it the same day.

I would happily buy a dress on Ebay so long as it was the real thing and from a dress shop or a private seller. I'd shy away from a lot of the 'copy' sellers though, as I think they can be a bit hit and miss.

In the end I bought my 'actual' dress online as an ex-sample from a shop in London and it was perfect, so nearly the same thing as buying on Ebay image

• Boo81ukBoo81uk Posts: 254
    Some sellers on ebay will let you return the dress if you don't like it or it doesn't fit, so its worth checking the small print of the ads!

http://wedinlondon.com/
  • MRS LILLERSMRS LILLERS Posts: 1,320
    I didnt but my friend did...

She bought hers from china.

I havent seen the dress yet, but have asked her how it was as I considered doing this myself.

She says that it is lovely, just a little smaller than she was expecting.

BUT it did take nearly 2 months to arrive.

I bought a mori lee dress from a bridal shop in the end though.

My sis in law buys clothes from china too and is always pleased with them.

The dresses in general only cost around 100...so I think it could be worth the risk. You could always sell it on again if it's not what you were hoping for.
  • had 2 friends buy from china

1 was lovely

the other was horrid image

look at the sellers feedback first image
  • Kellyv81Kellyv81 Posts: 243
    I bought one for £40 - It was really lovely but as I am big chested it didn't fit very well, It was from China, really lovely no problems at all but had to buy a dress in the shop that was fitted to me!

Hope that helps Xxx
  • my friend bought a maggie sottero from ebay for £99 and it was amazing - another friend has just ordered one from china so we will have to wait and see what that is like...x
  • Not technically a wedding dress but my best friend ordered a bridemaid dress from ebay, a woman based in birmingham with a chinese sounding name. On the pictures it looked stunning but just in case we ordered one for me to try (I was the biggest of the bridesmaid and so hardest to find something that flattered my shape). Thank god we only ordered one! Shortly after we ordered we noticed loads of other sellers using the same photos. When the dress arrived it was awful - cheap tacky material, the fit was terrible and not at all flattering - the ruching had been done wrong so it created a sort of pouch across my stomach image needless to say we sent it back and ordered elsewhere!

Saying that I would have no qualms about buying a second hand one or one that wasnt used, if the seller is genuine I'm sure they would have no probs letting you visit to try the dress on!
  • my dress came from a china ebay seller it took just 2 weeks to turn up and its amazing. paid £84 for it. all i need to do is get a seamstress to take to 2 and a half inches of the bottom as i've decided to wear flats

i would like to say this isnt pulled in right as i tried to do it up myself. the edges are a lot neater when done up properly

it is also very creased at the moment

• HazzzerrHazzzerr Posts: 323
    I'm glad yours turned out well Pandahands!

As a lot have said, I think it's really hit and miss with these Chinese dressmakers, some get it absolutely perfect and others the complete opposite. I was completely set on buying from china due to a small budget but in the end the stress of if it came back wrong was too much and I had already fallen in love with 'the one' in a dress shop I tried on so went for that even though well over budget, the benefits far outweighed the chinese seller (i could sleep at night again!!)
  • I would not but thats mostly becasue I don't know how it works. Some kind of bidding put me of
  • I did, but it was an honest uk seller, selling a maggie sottero I wanted, she had never worn it and was in perfect condition. Couldn't have been happier. No way would I have done a "china" dress though x
  • Yeah I got mine from China, I asked them to copy the Ian Stuart Muse dress and it looks identical!!! Love it x
  • jarkmessjarkmess Posts: 751
    I bought my Mon Cheri 16200 on ebay for £50. Would never go near the Chinese sellers though, heard too many horror stories image
  • Quoted:
    Not technically a wedding dress but my best friend ordered a bridemaid dress from ebay, a woman based in birmingham with a chinese sounding name. On the pictures it looked stunning but just in case we ordered one for me to try (I was the biggest of the bridesmaid and so hardest to find something that flattered my shape). Thank god we only ordered one! Shortly after we ordered we noticed loads of other sellers using the same photos. When the dress arrived it was awful - cheap tacky material, the fit was terrible and not at all flattering - the ruching had been done wrong so it created a sort of pouch across my stomach needless to say we sent it back and ordered elsewhere! Saying that I would have no qualms about buying a second hand one or one that wasnt used, if the seller is genuine I'm sure they would have no probs letting you visit to try the dress on!
    was it huiyunkitty that your friend used? xx
  • I found mien in a shop and then got it cheaper on ebay too. I felt really mean but saving £300 made me feel better! Especially as it was brand new with all its tags on lol x
  • I bought two wedding dress off eBay. The first one from China. Nothing wrong with the dress just didn't like it. Bearing in mind I'd not even been to try on any dresses. It didn't cost much gonna sell it once the wedding is over.

The next one I was blush pink! It's sounds mad. But it looked really nice on the picture. It was a Nicholas Millington. It was a little too small I didn't feel right it in.

If your planning on buying a dress on the internet. Go on try one on in a store first. Once you know what you like buying it cheaper online!
  • suzie83suzie83 Posts: 13
    Yes i bought mine on ebay but made sure i did some research on it 1st. It was the exact dress i wanted and had seen in a shop. The girl was selling it brand new as she had decided on another dress, the tags were still in, the bag was from the shop and the dress is perfect.

Just be careful as my step mum bought one from china and it was awful. Better to buy from a uk seller than abroad. also be careful buying from abroad as my friend ordered 4 bridesmaid dresses for £65 each then got stung with a £500 customs bill that she didnt expect.
  • Pictures please 

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455
    Jael Lopez wrote (see post):

Pictures please 

This thread is ancient.