Forum home Archived African/Caribbean Weddings

Hair Disaster

Hi Ladies

I went to the hairdressers on Saturday to try out a hairstyle for the big day. I really want to wear my hair down with loads of curls. I wanted it wet set as I had seen this in a magazine but the stylist took one look at the final picture and decided to just tong it. It looked beautiful when she had finished but within half an hour all the curls had dropped out.

I have booked an appointment at a different salon this weekend and will ensure they do exactly what I want.

Does anyone know if the curls with last longer with a wet set? Could it just be that my hair won't keep a curl or do you think the stylist could have done something wrong - she put some finishing spray on my hair but not any hair spray - is this normal?

I am rubbish with hair and I was so upset when all the curls vanished.

Thanks

Tracey

• Mummy2KMummy2K Posts: 627
    Hi Tracey,

really i think the hairdresser should have spritzed it up!! that way your curls will go nowhere!! it will last for days! lol! maybe you could suggest this to the next hairdresser. i know people might not like the idea of spritz as it basically makes ur hair go rock hard and i wouldn't recommed combing it out after-wash it out or you might pull your hair out a bit, but if you want to guarentee the curls will stay in i say spritz it or use any other really good holding hairspray. really the hairdresser should have at least done that!

i need to kick myself into action, weddings in 33 days and i haven't had a trial yet!
  • Mummy2KMummy2K Posts: 627
    Hi Tracey,

really i think the hairdresser should have spritzed it up!! that way your curls will go nowhere!! it will last for days! lol! maybe you could suggest this to the next hairdresser. i know people might not like the idea of spritz as it basically makes ur hair go rock hard and i wouldn't recommed combing it out after-wash it out or you might pull your hair out a bit, but if you want to guarentee the curls will stay in i say spritz it or use any other really good holding hairspray. really the hairdresser should have at least done that!

i need to kick myself into action, weddings in 33 days and i haven't had a trial yet!
  • sammyjoeuksammyjoeuk Posts: 3,596
    Hi I think your hairdresser should be bumped off your list, no way should you go to a hairdresser and the curls go missing? I agree with Mrs E2B, you should also grab a picture of a hairstyle you like and let them do exactly what you would like.x
  • treyuktreyuk Posts: 12
    Thanks for the advice.

Fingers crossed all will go well on Saturday.

On a lighter note I had my first dress fitting today which was fab.

Tracey x :\)