My wedding plans so far...

Hello ladies,

Loving your planning threads, so I just wanted to start one of my own to keep me on track, because I'm loving looking, but without a wedding date in mind and no budget to speak of, I feel a bit lost.

My fiancé and I have been together since Valentine's 2010, and we got engaged on my 23rd birthday in April.

We live in the Black Country, but he's originally from London and I'm from Somerset. We met while he was living in Cardiff and we're planning to move back there so have made plans to marry in Cardiff.

We've having a civil ceremony of 80 guests and then inviting an additional 60/70 in the evening. The way I saw it was, if I didn't care whether Mr X saw me get married, they could wait til later on! (Can't believe the cost of daytime guests!) image

• JoleneJolene Posts: 91

Thread overhaul!

I created this thread in 2012 when we were planning a big hotel wedding in 2016 without any thought for the cost! We've actually overhauled the entire thing by having it in the centre of Cardiff which we love and tailoring everything to be much more comfortable for us as opposed to the "traditional" wedding,

Date: We're getting married on Friday 4th September 2015 - 6 and a half months earlier than we originally planned. We're going to get married at City Hall which is actually a lovely building - can't wait to have photos by the fountains!

Reception:  

Kuku Club in Cardiff... an awesome nightclub area in a city centre hotel - private hire for only £200 for the night!

Dress:

Came across Honeypie Boutique because I wanted a tea length dress inspired by the 50s. The "Ava" is an absolute bargain at £200 custom made!

• lorecuorelorecuore Posts: 19

I love all your planning!! It is great!!!!!!! Just in case you need anything else to organize I have just seen today a website that does wedding deals, groupon style called vowscher and it looks pretty good.

• MRS LILLERSMRS LILLERS Posts: 1,319

I think I found the ebay seller for bm dresses. I nearly had those myself!

• If you are checking put venues down Bristol I would recommend going to see cameley lodge in temple cloud it really is an amazing venue and beautiful scenery, I'm getting married there in October this year, the food is amazing as well and prices were the best we found round this way x
  • VictoriaLouiseBVictoriaLouiseB Posts: 2,951 New bride
    Hi, your planning sounds quite similar to mine. We have yet to book a date as we really want to sort our budget before we commit to anything but have decided on the church and possibly a venue. We want a red theme too, where did you find those bridesmaid dresses as they are exactly what im looking for? We are also going for a marks and spencer cake and decorating it ourselves not sure whether I want a 3 tier or 4 tier yet though x x

Bridesmaid dresses

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/red-wedding-evening-bridesmaids-dress-size-8-10-12-22-/180692486959?pt=UK_Bridesmaid_Dresses&var=&hash=item2a121c8b2f#ht_4824wt_1037

Very excited about these.

Thanks for the heads up on Vowscher.... oddly, they don't seem to operate in the South West....

The date

We've confirmed Saturday 26th March 2016.... many years to save and so excited to be able to tell people a date!

The venue

We chose The Vale Resort in Cardiff, it looked incredible and I never thought we'd be able to afford it but we got the best value and the most attentive service from their wedding co-ordinator, no question has been too much for her!

And I can't wait to use the bridal suite - the bath looks to die for!

My shoes

I can't wear heels for the life of me, so I'm going with block heels, because my OH is 6ft and I don't want to look a titch next to him in the photos! I bought these last night from M&S for £20 - bargain!

Centrepieces

These are going to be filled with each table's red sweets.