Forum home Weddings abroad

Sept 2015 Coral Beach Hotel Wedding!

Booked my date today!! eekkkkkkkkkk!!

21st September 2015 at Coral Beach Hotel the Ampitheatre Terrace image

Excited!! xxx

• PopsyxxPopsyxx Posts: 1,009
    Have you booked independently? We r getting married Cuba may 2015 but through Thomas cook or Thompson but have been told we can't book until this time next year?xx
  • Yeah iv booked with the wedding planners as iv heard their better than travel agents hun, popped into Thompsons yesterday to ask when their brochures were out (just for a browse of hotels etx) and they pounced on me straight away saying that wedding planners are rubbish etc, iv had a bad experiance with Thompsons lying to me about previous holidays so I wouldnt be able to trust them with my wedding. Has Cuba got independant wedding planners hun? xxx

Yeah I have heard they r better and offer more etc but not heard of any in Cuba unfortunately. But the reviews of the one they use In the hotel we r looking at seems really good and say that she does a brilliant job! I just want to be able to book now though!! Have you still got wait until next year to book the flights and hotel?xxx
  • xsam28xxsam28x Posts: 55

Which hotel in Cuba are you looking at Little Miss munshine?

Im a 2015 BTB too, but we are currently trying to decide between Cyprus (coral beach or Kefalos Beach) or Cuba (Playa Pesquero).

We absolutly love Cuba and have always said that is where we would get married but the thought of certain family members not being able to trvale that far puts me off so thats why we are now looking at cyprus even though we have never been there, such a hard decision to make at the minute xx

Playa pesquero too Sam! Originally it was iberostar Laguna azul but you can only stay there for 14 nights but we have family who can only come for 7 so then we found playa pesquero image

Yeah unfortunately we have family who won't be able to come, but some people may think its harsh, we still decided to stick with our decision. My mum and dad will be there who is the most important to us x
  • xsam28xxsam28x Posts: 55

Have to been to Playa pesquero?, we have been twice and be assured it is an amazing place and the weddings are beautiful you will not be dissapointed image

We are still to decide for definite, i think we are going to try and go to Cyprus in September and see if anywhere is as perfect as Cuba and then if not our decision will be made xx

No we have never been! Just read reviews and a fried has been there...although I have just seen on a Facebook group Thomson wont be flying to holguin after April 2014...gutted as that is who we wanted to book with as they fly Thursday and would work out better for everyone with returning flight.

Nothing seems to be working out for us with this wedding!!xx
    If we go with thomas cook on a Monday then it goes into 3 weeks holiday off work and don't no how flexible my bosses will be image arghhhh xx
  • What about First choice hun?

Just had all my confirmation through off my wedding planner!! eeekkkkk xxx

Nope image as first choice and Thomson are the same and now seen on Internet Thomas cook not flying from gatwick ...arghhh image

Ohh how exciting you are so lucky!!xx
  • oh thats a bummer! could you travel to a diff airport?

xxx

Just found that Thomas cook are flying from gatwick still *phew!* it just hasn't loaded onto their website yet!xx
  • Ahhh im glad hun!! Thompsons were flying to Paphos from Bristol  on Sat and Wed from Bristol which worked out great as we get married on Monday so we will fly out a week sat before the wed whilst everyone else flies out the wed before....suprise suprise checked their site today and they changed it so they only fly Wednesdays xxx

• sal4sal4 Posts: 20

so if i look at days that flights fly out this year will they be the same next year?

Oh no!! What a bummer, so will that change the day you can get married? I know for us we have to be in the country for Atleast 3 days excluding weekends. 

Not necessarily sal4. Although my friend has been to Cuba quite a bit and said the flights days never changed but who knows! we r just trying to pla. out for how it is at the moment though xx

• No not really hun, if push comes to shove we can fly with easyjet or fly from a diff airport image

Thompsons were flying sat and wed to paphos for years too hun but why they have changed 2014 flights i have no idea!! Thomas cook still fly sat and wed though so just fx they will stay the same!

Yep you have to be there 3 working days although i think in cyprus its more relaxed - thats not a rule they just like you to be there for 3 working days so you can sort things out etx xxx