Our Happily Ever After Easter Sunday Wedding Report

13»

• She read it perfectly.  I was so proud of her.  She stood up full of confidence (shes a very loving and emotional child)  and read it loud and clear with perfect timing and with feeling.  It was one of those moments where life couldnt be more perfect.

Later on the speeches were interesting to say the least.  My brother did his father of the bride speech which was VERY emotional and he talked about how proud Dad would have been to see me and how much  he would have loved MrMcG.  (I had tears in my eyes but was adamant not to let the floodgates open or I wouldn'y be able to stop!) He then said something which made the room hold their breath and made MIL scowl!  (caught on camera)  He said he was so proud of myself and MrMcG for pulling the day together despite everything we had gone through and everything we have had to put up with.  I was grinning from ear to ear and my CBM sat next to me did a little snigger.  At that precise moment I felt so much pride in my brother for having the [email protected]s to say it out loud in front of the whole room and MIL.  He then went on to ridicule me a little which was instantly forgiven after his utter honesty.  

I do love my family!

Then it was MrMcG's turn.  He was so nervous he was shaking.  I nearly bawled.  He said how lucky he felt to be marrying his best friend and mentioned something about being beautiful but i kinda zoned out as my head was swelling and I felt so in love with him even more whilst he was speaking.  I must ask him for a copy so that I can read it properly.

The best man - cringe.  Something to do with them dressing up as women and chasing the same girl.  Exactly what you would expect from a best man.  The boy did good. image

• Sooo, whilst waiting for prof pics

HEN PARTY!

My girls did good.  They took me to Blackpool (where I originally come from) and we had a silly day out and then went to Funny Girls later.  I had no idea where we were stopping or where we were going so it was all a surprise.  We had a few behavioural issues with my mother but the rest was all good clean silly fun image.  The girls insisted on pink tu-tus.  I cant say I was too impressed with the idea, but they all semmed to be excited about it so who am I to be a kill joy?

• Nicoladarcy70Nicoladarcy70 Posts: 379

Oh my lord! Did you get handcuffed to a dwarf?? our best man really wants to do this for h2b! I live in Blackpool and you can't been it image 

• bellingtonbellington Posts: 1,662

What a touching story. So glad you found your little daughter, and your lovely man. Looking forward to seeing more pics, and more report.

Jayne.x    image

• So heres the last of the images I shall be uploading.  

WARNING!

Its going to be piture heavy!

I shall be selling various bits and bobs from the wedding too!  Please PM me if you want and advice or info on any bits of my DIY stuff!  Peace.  Out.

Love the gyp bouquet. Simple but beautiful. I like the way the cat got into the photo, so cute. image You look beautiful, its nice to see us ladies with a voluptuous figure,looking beautiful. image Looking forward to more pics.x

• Thanks hun!  

I just thought I was doing a cheap and simple flower display but the compliments I have received from my guests was amazing!

I think I have come to the conclusion you dont have to be skinny to rock a wedding dress!  there were a few questionable pics of bingo wings but the rest I love!

• Tell me about it!  I have tons of pics with MIl in the background looking away or glaring at something.  All of the sppech pics too.  Whenever theres a toast she was not raising a glass and looking away!!  ffs.

AAAAAnd calm...

• I think her sour nasty vibes were egging me on to be even more cheerful!  

I have a habit of doing that lol

Love the black and white pic of you and hubby, above. Beautiful.  image

Jayne.x

• So... as the wedding was Easter Sunday we decided to have an Easter Egg hunt for the children, which they absolutely loved!

There was a list off eggs they needed to find with photos and the specific eggs were hidden in clutches.  A bit too organised?  This was to prevent any greedy guts going nuts and hogging all the eggs!  I think the little bit of structure really helped though as it wasnt organised chaos at all!  

• MrsStephens2bMrsStephens2b Posts: 428

I've just spent my lunch break reading your whole report and throughly enjoyed it all.

You looked stunning and your dress is so pretty, the cake is amazing and I love the flowers image

Looking forward to reading the rest x

• Thank you MrsStephens!  I have just noticed yours, methinks tomorrows lunch hour is going to be utilised to having a read of yours!  ( I do love a good wedding) image

• Sweetie table!

I had to have one!  When I got engaged I had never seen one or had heard of anyone doing one... but between engagement & wedding I had 4 other weddings to attend, all of which had a sweet table.  I was gutted.  However none did it in quite the same way as I did.  Two had a coupld of large martini glasses filled with sweets, another just put the sweets ready mixed into bags and the other had plastic pick n mix tubs like you get in the sweet shop.

I however am a strange being at times and wasnt happy with what everyone else had as it didnt suit the style and purpose.  I spent 2 years collecting various glass and silver bowls from charity shops and e-bay until I had enough to fill a 4 ft table.  I then began collecting sugar tongs and silver spoons so that peeps didnt get their grubby mitts in my sweeties! I also sourced some paper bags for them to take home their sweeties!

Well I live in Pontefract which is where the Haribo factory is located!  and any self respecting factory has a factory shop!  So I raided it!  I spent £50 on sweets but had about a quarter left, result! image

• chloe2013chloe2013 Posts: 24

You really look Gorgeous, a Perfect Wedding i must say. Congratulations to you.

• Thank you! xxxxx

• MrsOliverMrsOliver Posts: 14

Congratulations image what a lovely wedding story and I'm so happy that you've overcome the troubles in your past and found your own happily ever after. This tread has certainly inspired me.

• Thank you Mrs Oliver.  You have no idea how much that means to me x

• TadpoleTadpole Posts: 2,134 New bride

Just wanted to drop in past and say Congratulations!!! Your report is lovely - I really hope your happily ever after continues forever as you have been through far too much.

Looking forward to reading the rest!

xx

• MySunshineMySunshine Posts: 106

Just read your story and wanted to wish you and your new husband all the best, you look gorgeous and so so happy.  So pleased you overcame your hardship and found happiness with what sounds like theperfect man!  May your fairy tale continue....! Xxx