Forum home Honeymoons

Mauritius

LeaBLeaB Posts: 1,706

Hi All,

I am in the process of getting quotes for our honeymoon to Mauritius. So was just wondering if anyone could recommend a hotel? Or why have you chosen your particular hotel to stay in?

Favourites at the moment are:

Maritim

Meridien Ile Maurice

Ambre Hotel and Spa

Thanks x

• We've booked the Maritim, can't wait!!

• SammiSammi Posts: 279

Hi! We have booked the Maritim too! Few reasons really - we are going in 10 days (hoooorah) and this time of year Mauritius is just coming out of winter into summer and I read that the winds can still be quite strong on the south and east sides of the Island but better and a bit warmer in the north and west. Also the grounds are really big with lots of walks, 800m beach, horse riding, waterfall (and the usual all inclusive watersports like most 4 and 5* hotels in Mauritus) so plenty to do but also quite close to St Louis so we dont have to cross the island just to do stuff. Also it turned out OH aunt and Uncle went this time last year and loved it, they have just got back from a 5* in Barbados and said they much prefered Mauritius and this hotel.

And they do evening bonfires at the bech bar which I just think is super cute image

hope this helps, if you wait 4 weeks to make a decision I can let you know when I am back on the 2nd October!! x

• LeaBLeaB Posts: 1,706

Thanks Ladies - it was down to Le meridien Ile Maurice and Maritim. Le Meridien just won because they have an adult only section and will h2b being a teacher he prefered this image They are pretty near each other too.

Enjoy Sammi, can't wait to hear all about it x

• SammiSammi Posts: 279

adult only section is a plus! image I am hoping as everyone has just gone back to school children will be minimum!

• LeaBLeaB Posts: 1,706

hehe yes, we had to go in school holidays which is a big minus!