Forum home Emotional support

I changed my mind on my dress HELP ME PLease xx

I went dress shopping and in the first shop I feel in love with a dress which was completely differnt to what I wanted and then went to two over shops and in the last one I found a dress and it was colour shape and fabric I wanted I couldn't try it on as wasn't in my size but they put me in a similer dress band held the other one up over it and pulled it tight I cried and my mother put a deposit on it of 50% but hasn't been order yet but I can't stop thinking about the first dress it's coursing me a lot of stress and emotions the first dress I'm in love with is an a-line dropped waits sweet heart with lace I love it so much I can't get it out of my head and the one with deposits on is a fishtale lace dress and I'm not a small girl I had a baby 4 months ago and I'm wondering if anyone could help me because I was wondering if I can get the deposit back as it hasn't a actually been ordered yet thank xx

• Hi I dont think you'll be able to get your money back as it was a deposit unless there is something in your terms and conditions? maybe you could see if the shop has anything you like and see if they'll let you transfer the money or use it for a veil accessories shoes etc? i had a massive change of heart and dress regret and did speak to the shop but was told all sales were final basically- mine was an ex sample. I ended up selling the dress on and bought a new one x

• Skibabe22Skibabe22 Posts: 79

I would think asking for store credit would be as much as they would do. I had a friend who was in a similar situation and they gave her a voucher for the deposit amount to be used against anything in the store, she then sold that on. Good luck!

• Letty LouLetty Lou Posts: 219

I know what your going through,  I did a similar thing! It's a bit risky but could you go back & look at the first dress & then the dress you have ordered on the same day? It could be when you go back the first dress might not appeal to you anymore, but if you keep thinking about it I think you have to at least go back & see it. Good luck hun xx  

• Jasmine2Jasmine2 Posts: 7

I have pictures of both dresses dot get me wrong the dress iv put the deposit on is stunning but I'm. Really not the shape for it I don't think and the other dress made me feel so skinny and stunning and I had just had my baby then so it was great to feel like that I can't even tell my mum because I don't want her to think I'm being ungrateful ots so difficult I'm going to get a trainer to try and make myself feel more comftable with the style of dress I think if the bottom was more out I would be hapay coz it wouldn't make me look so big 

The bottom one is the one I ordered 

• MrsSharkMrsShark Posts: 861 New bride

I actually prefer your dress, I am a big Maggie fan, her dresses are beautiful. Can you go and try it on again? I thought I had big dress regret so went to go and see it again and felt so much better. How long have you got until the wedding? X

March so a while but my mum is presuring me about my weight saying you only have until July to lose it but that's just because it's the lates they said they will order it by I do love the maggie dress I think her dresses are stunning and it's everything I wanted I showed my partner the other dress so I know I couldn't get it but didn't help ease my mind x

• SarahL1408SarahL1408 Posts: 154

Could you speak to the shop that you have put the deposit on and ask if they could source the dress you now want for you? 

If they haven't ordered the other dress, they might be able to do this and they would still get the sale this way.  Might not be possible but is worth a try? 

• JCL1JCL1 Posts: 129

I would go and try them both on again. There must have been a reason you chose the Maggie dress over the first one but maybe you've forgotten it now time has passed xx

the problem is that theh stock stella York in this store do you know if they would change the dress to a different dress but same designer but they don't stock that dress xx

They don't tock stella York x

• MrsSharkMrsShark Posts: 861 New bride

Could you perhaps look into a different Maggie Sottero dress similar to the other style? She has some gorgeous ball gown styles. The shop might be able to get you a sample in if they don't stock it, then you wouldn't lose any money?

• Im sorry but I prefer your original dress! It's stunning. I've gone for a maggie dress and think they are great for giving you a nice shape. If they do agree to store credit the nora is quite similar http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=A3443&page=2&pageSize=108&keywordText=&keywordType=All 

But really there must of been a reason you chose your dress id recommend trying it on again xx

The colour is a problem it has to be pale blush or the one iv ordered is is pearl rose with an ivory over lay x