Forum home Weddings abroad

Paphos wedding June 2014

Has anybody viewed or looked into getting married at minthis hills in paphos?

i have just booked blue jar (band) to play threw my ceremony, fireworks & a photo booth. Need to sort table n decorations but have no idea where to start as all ready gone a lot over our budget ???? 

any help will be great thankyou

Congratulations to everybody and happy planning ????

• Mrstobe2Mrstobe2 Posts: 67

Don't know if to wear a vail or big quirky head piece?!! Help please!!! X

So iv sorted my flowers with the florist in paphos very reasonable at €90 imageimageimage 

adult bridesmaids 3 younger bridesmaids and 2 flowergirls will all have the same just smaller 

• Stella at Zaffron Weddings is absolutely fantastic and can help you with everything you need. She is superb and her attention to detail is first rate.

I am a wedding videographer here and have a number of bookings at Minthis Hills this year and next. If you contact her, tell her Brenda sent you!  image

These are her websites www.zaffronweddings.co.uk

Brenda

www.aphroditeweddingvideos.com

• Congratulations on your booking your wedding. I'm new to this site too. 

Im booking my wedding in Paphos on 24th when the dates become available for Oct 15. Please could you tell me where you have ordered your flowers from. Looks like a great price  compared to the FC package. I'm going to source my own photographer too as I'd rather pay that little extra to have all the images on a CD to take back to the uk. 

Hi and congratulations! Have you looked any any venues? I got my flowers through Stella virdi my wedding planner, also our photographer is nictorious photography we have payed £900 for all day package sunset photos, a trash the dress shoot, we get an album of 50 and all photos to take home on a disk included image x

We booked our holiday separately then got stella as our wedding planner, our venue, transport, all legal fees, 2 tier cake, my flowers 4 brides maids flowers, 8 button holes, 3 x hair & make up, fireworks, photo booth, violinist to play threw ceremony, 3 course meal, 3 hour drinks package, cocktail reception, photographer & 50album ,venue decorations chair covers, centerpieces (martini glasses filled with fresh flowers. For 45 guests and came in at £5000 which is befell below our budget but everything we wanted image

• Wow sounds like you will have a great day. I'm looking at Louis Phaethon Beach Club for ceromony as that's where we are looking to stay then il do the rest myself once I know exact numbers. Looking at a boat for the evening with BBQ, dancing/DJ and fireworks. I'd like phoographer for full day with sunset pics too but only want disk only package. We have 30 definats and 35 maybes So as soon as we gave booked then il get more numbers. 

Im in assuming that price dosnt include your holiday? wheres your ceromony going to be? 

itt looked lovely the louis phaeton beach club, we were looking at Alexander the Great but you had to pay a day pass for each of your guests!! So was over our budget! image they have loads of lovely yahts over there for the reception! Some photographers I looked at threw in an album if you where having a full day and sunset photos! No price doesn't include our stay! Our ceremony is at the minthis hills golf club they have a courtyard and monestry in the grounds! We went for this as it was more private than the hotel weddings The whole place is exclusively yours x

• Yes the day passes seem a bit "robbing" if you ask me. Our friends got married there 2 years ago and said it was lovely but didn't hold their reception there last minute. I'd love to have the exculsivity  but don't think our budget will strech that far. I just want fab weather and il be happy image

It is robbery!! Ha ha! I thaught that but our budget was only 2500 to start with and the exclusive golf club worked out a lot less than a hotel wedding what we originally wanted image bit gutted after we booked our parents offerd to help out image same here can't wait for a bit of sunshine image x

• I thought it would be cheaper abroad lol but I think because it's so stunning over there I keep wanting more ???? 

I know I'm the same haha everything's so lovely! Iv only got just under weeks til I fly over ????

2 weeks on Monday I will be jetting off to paphos to finalise all my wedding plans for the 16th June! busy week got to pick up my wedding rings, bridesmaids dresses, get 3 altered!! But my louboutins are packed and all though I'm a little stressed I am so excited to go image

Nicola did you book your wedding? What venue did you go for in the end? x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bztOUBO3LU&sns=em

So we finally did it! Had the most amazing day! After having doubts over not booking a videographer we changed are mind the morning of the wedding and are so glad we dide hope everyone is enjoying there planing! I have added the link to our wedding video if anybody wants to watch image

• Iv been on/off the website for a while struggling with picking destinations, venues budgets all a bit of a blur really so confused where to start. Your wedding video is amazing! you definiltey made the right choice to book it last minute, you looked beautiful! your venue is just stunning, such a beautiful location! congratulationsimage

Have you decided on a destination yet? Definately start with your budget and just stick too it! Iv you have a wedding planner say you have a smaller budget then you have that way if anything else goes over atleast you have a bit spare! thankyou very much we loved every minute x

• Tatiana3Tatiana3 Posts: 1

Hi Mrstobe2, Im thinking about getting married at minthis hills. Can you message me? It would be great to have someone who's already done it! 

[email protected]

• Im getting married at the ottoman baths next September and looking for a reception if anyone can help?? sorry to jump on your post hun xx