Forum home The wedding budget

Photography packages - Italy (Tuscany) or UK prices please!

Hi all!

I'm just working on the dreaded budget and trying to get some guide prices for each element so I can see how we can factor everything in. 

We will be getting married in Viareggio, Tuscany, and wondered if anyone has any prices for a photographer in Tuscany, just as a rough guide? Also wondering if UK photographer would work out more cost-effective, even when paying for a flight and b&b accom? Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any help - budget is the boring bit, I want to get on to the fun! haha xx

• Laura GraceLaura Grace Posts: 334 New bride

Hi Rachel,

I've recently got into photography and from what I can work out, most photographers charge their normal package, flights,accommodation and an extra charge for their time.

I'm not sure about how much it would cost to get a Tuscan photographer, though I recently photographed a party for a couple that eloped to Tuscany.  They said that they paid a "ridiculous" amount for their photography (whatever that is!) and they had loads of issues getting hold of the photos once they were back in the UK.  I suppose that is the risk of getting someone abroad .

Just out of curiosity, when are you getting married?  Depending on the dates etc.  I would offer to photograph your wedding for expenses only.  I'd love to expand my portfolio to include destination weddings  If you are interested, take a look at my website www.lauragracephotography.co.uk

Good luck with the rest of your planning xx

• Hi Laura,

Thanks for the reply, and we will definitely consider your kind offer. Please feel free to email me - [email protected] 

We are currently looking at last friday in June/ 1st Friday in July, just deciding between the two! 

I had a little look at your website, beautiful photos - do you do more 'staged' pictures too? Would like a mixture of the formal bridal party pictures, and the informal shots :)

Thanks!

Rachel xx

• Chloe16Chloe16 Posts: 83

The packages should be the same in the UK, it would just be their package plus expenses, so flights, accommodation and food, many will also stay in a cheaper hotel which is nearby to help keep costs down.

Take a look on http://www.yourperfectweddingphotographer.co.uk and get in touch with a few, they have some great photographers in Italy on there too. 

Get a rough idea of your style and get some quotes, there are a lot to choose from but make sure you get who you want and budget for them.

Chloe

• Thanks Chloe, great website, will browse it now!!! xxx

• Laura GraceLaura Grace Posts: 334 New bride

Hi Rachel - I've emailed you :) Yes, I will be doing more posed shots in the next lot of photos to be put up xx

Chloe - just be aware that in addition to what you said, most will also charge a supplement for their time away as they will be unable to take on additional work.

• I Rachel, I have contacts with different photographers in Italy, I can give you some quotations if you need it. Prices normally start from Euro 600/700 depending on how many hours of photo shooting.

It would be great to help you!

Ciao

Micaela

• Hi that'd be fab if you could thanks - my email is [email protected] xx

• Mila2Mila2 Posts: 2

Hi Rachel. We had Elena as our wedding photographer. She mostly works in Mexico, but I also know that she travels a lot as a destination photographer. Hope it will be helpful. Here is her page http://elena-fedorova.com/